Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2011, 06:04 PM
New User

love4x4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I hate my heater!!!

I did not want this Laramie with all the fancy junk but it is all they had without ordering an SLT and I couldn't wait!!!

Climate control my aching butt!!!

Scenario: 20 degrees outside. Get in truck and drive away. Set heat at 70 degrees. Get on freeway, destination, 20 miles down the road. 70 degrees is reached in cab. BANG!!!! AC comes on and blasts ice cold air through the dash vents and NEVER STOPS!!!!

I have resigned to run the heat as manually as possible. Crank it up till it gets too hot then turn it off. Repeat!!!

Dealer contacted Ford and they said it is doing what it is supposed to. Great job Ford!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Freshman User

boomsling is starting off with a positive reputation.
Uhh, I think Laramie is dodge....or am I missing something here?
Pain is weakness leaving the body.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:38 PM

2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
I've never had that issue with my climate control, but then again, I got the Lariat.

Seriously though, it's getting up to that temp and then the A/C kicks on? I never had that issue once last winter here in PA. Take it back to the dealer, if they say it's working correctly, try another dealer. That's definitely not functioning as designed. If you continue to have issues, there's a Ford customer service rep over at thedieselstop.com (Cory) that's been very helpful for the folks over there. Might be worth signing up to pm him your issue (which he's capable of escalating from what I've seen).

Matt
2011 F350 - 6.2 CC, LB, 4.30s, Lariat Ultimate pkg, FX4, Amp steps, Lockpick, AC LC6i, JL HD900/5, JL 13TW5, JL C5-570's, Bilstein 7100 stabilizer, Rancho RS9000XL's, Leveled w/ 35" Toyo M/T's and 5 Star tuned
**Sold - 2000 F250 V10, 6.5" Pro Comp, 37" Toyo MT's
Old 08-03-2011, 08:43 PM
New User

love4x4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomsling View Post
Uhh, I think Laramie is dodge....or am I missing something here?
Crap!! Sorry. EX Dodge guy!!! Yes it is a LARIAT!!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Posting Guru

kmonty2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.kmonty2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
kmonty
Could it be that it is trying to keep the cab at 70 no matter what needs to be on, heat or AC? I don't have that fancy climate control on my truck just the standard on/off and red/blue temp control.

Kevin
2011 F-250 CC, 6.2 Gas, 3.73, 4x4 w/FX4, Tuxedo Black, Steel Cloth interior,Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's, Air Aid Intake, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Hellwig adjustable sway bar, 5 Star Tuned, Line X bed liner, X Tang Tri-Fold bed cover.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:43 AM

2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
I could understand if it turned cold for a brief period to maintain the temperature, but love4x4 said the cold never turns off.

Matt
2011 F350 - 6.2 CC, LB, 4.30s, Lariat Ultimate pkg, FX4, Amp steps, Lockpick, AC LC6i, JL HD900/5, JL 13TW5, JL C5-570's, Bilstein 7100 stabilizer, Rancho RS9000XL's, Leveled w/ 35" Toyo M/T's and 5 Star tuned
**Sold - 2000 F250 V10, 6.5" Pro Comp, 37" Toyo MT's
Old 08-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Post Fiend

AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
i never use the auto mode...i just manualy set the temp/fan speed. normally its either on 90 and high or 60 and a/c on high lol...i go extreme!
2011 F-150 Limited #3679 6.2 V8 4x4, Retrax bed cover
2002 Excursion Limited V10 4x4, 2.5/2" lift, HIDs,20" DC wheels on Cooper LTZ, Daily Driver
1998 Expedition XLT 5.4 4x4,HIDs,16x8 ultra wheels,led taillights, Daily Driver
1991 F-250 lairat 4x4 5.0, 7'6" BOSS snow plow, Back Rack, Strobes, Work lights
Old 08-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Posting Guru

Super08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to behold
If it is acting as he explained it needs to be looked at. I just set the temp in mine and leave it in auto. It functions flawlessly.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Posting Guru

kmonty2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.kmonty2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
kmonty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet View Post
I could understand if it turned cold for a brief period to maintain the temperature, but love4x4 said the cold never turns off.
i see your point, yeah it should just be for a short period and not stay on.

Kevin
2011 F-250 CC, 6.2 Gas, 3.73, 4x4 w/FX4, Tuxedo Black, Steel Cloth interior,Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's, Air Aid Intake, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Hellwig adjustable sway bar, 5 Star Tuned, Line X bed liner, X Tang Tri-Fold bed cover.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:32 AM
Senior User

socapots is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super08 View Post
If it is acting as he explained it needs to be looked at. I just set the temp in mine and leave it in auto. It functions flawlessly.
mine is like this as well.
it will actually even slow the fan speed down as it approaches whatever temp i set it at.
You should be able to mimic that when the cab i hot (say when you first get in it). turn the AC on auto. and then adjust the temp up bit by bit.. it should get to the point where you hear the fan slow down.
as to why your truck would turn the AC on when you are trying to heat i dunno.. unless you got the dual climate activated and the 2 sides are trying to fight each other.. if thats even possible..
and another idea.. instead of turning the heat on until its to hot then turning it off.
why not put the heat on. and when it gets to an acceptable temp just turn the temp setting down a touch.. or even the fan speed.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:16 AM
New User

DirtEngineer is starting off with a positive reputation.
I know from my previous '08 Expedition with Auto Climate Control that the dual zone will "fight" eachother. I like the truck cooler, wife likes it warmer. On the Expy, she'd have her side turned up to 23C, while mine was at 19C. A/C would come on, sending cool air my way, and warmed, air conditioned air her way.

I know with both my Expy and my F250 now, the climate control works great. I set the temp I want, and that's it. Truck does the rest. In the mornings, I get heat, in the afternoons I get A/C. The only time I ever intervene in the climate control is if I need some defrost action, and even then, it's just a push of a button to get the wind blowing to the windshield.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:16 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8

Tags
2000, f250, hatr, heater, hot