Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2014, 01:12 AM
Senior User

MURDOMINO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well i had the EBC "green's" on a ls1 powered T/A a few years back, but didnt really do much driving on the stocks before. Never had any fade, even while at an autocross event. Gonna spend the money through riffraf and get me some Greenstuff now since its taking me a mile to stop this damn truck from 25 mph's up hill!
1972 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow, 6.75L v8 32k miles!
1971 Ford F250, 360 V8 64k original miles.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:30 AM
Senior User

GermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to behold
I rebuild my breaks last November and drove about 4kmls since than.
I purchased 4 EBC Dimpled and Slotted Discs and combined them with the
yellow stuff Pads all around....and to top it off I bought a complete set of
Stainless Steel Braided Teflon Lines for the Front and Back.
After a complete brakefluid flush and upgrade to DOT4 fluid I thought really
that I bite the steeringwheel at the first step on the pedal.
Maaaan.....what a difference!
So.....after those mls I can recommened this combination. The dust is average, the pads hold up great and even the dimpled rotors shows only a minimal wear.
.....and I drive sometimes a bit agressive and fast here in Germany.
......all I say is the word AUTOBAHN.

Friends of me drive the mighty Explorer and drive there a similar setup, inspite of the yellow stuff. They swear to the red stuff, because they say, that the red stuff bites as hard as the yellow stuff but even if the breaks are cool. The yellows bite even more if they are hot, where the red stuff bite la bit less in comparison to the yellow pads, because they love high temperatures.

What do you need is the question? Do you like driving agressive and fast or you do a lot of towing in a mountain scenery...than you should get those yellow pads.
Otherwise you would be probably better with buying the red stuff.
Anyway....those EBCs are a very good choice. Pads and Rotors.
Just my 2cents......

BtW.....if youre asking Brent......you dont need breaks at all....stretching your legs like Fred in the Flintstone Mobil is way enough
4x4, V10 Wedgewood Met.,Y-Pipe,Stainless Headers, Custom Catback,K&N CAI,33"x16" OEM,Blacked Out Taillights,NFab Nerfbars,HeadUp Display, 24"/23"/18"Wiper Mod,Increased 2nd row Legroom,Fumoto Valve,EBC Dimpled/Slotted w. Yellow St. F/R,SS-Teflon Brake Lines
6" LIFT IN THE REAR
Old 08-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Postmaster

LivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanMike View Post

BtW.....if youre asking Brent......you dont need breaks at all....stretching your legs like Fred in the Flintstone Mobil is way enough

I think I'm the only one here that has not been impressed with these. I had green pads in for awhile but they were a bit to noisy for my taste ( I don't want to hear anything!) I went back to Ford brown box pads, think the biggest difference I found were going with new brake lines as far as stopping power. But again I'm definitely the minority here. Just my humble .02
05 LTD 4x4, PSD, ARP, Tuner, Cat Delete, K&N CAI,4" Exhaust w 6" SS Tip, 5" Lift, air bags & RAS, 35's Terra Grapplers on Fuel Wheels, Bilstein 5100's with Dual stabilizers, Twin air, train horn, Amp Research, Rigid Industries, F&R Mag Hytec, Pioneer Nav, 2010 OEM mirrors, DC 320 amp, Blue spring, much more...02 LTD 4X4, V10 Sold
"I bought a 6.0 PSD and I'm not afraid"
Old 08-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Senior User

Magnus E has a very good reputation on FTE.Magnus E has a very good reputation on FTE.Magnus E has a very good reputation on FTE.Magnus E has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLarge View Post

I think I'm the only one here that has not been impressed with these. I had green pads in for awhile but they were a bit to noisy for my taste ( I don't want to hear anything!) I went back to Ford brown box pads, think the biggest difference I found were going with new brake lines as far as stopping power. But again I'm definitely the minority here. Just my humble .02
I chose to go with Motorcraft pads, the heavy duty version and stainless steel/ Kevlar braided lines. Great stopping power, quiet and good pedal feel. Have to add that I have no experience with EBC and could not give an opinion about those.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:45 PM
Freshman User

bbacon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Have had the EBC Slotted and Dimpled Hubs on my two wheel drive for two years having turned them once. I use my EX for work and occasionally pull a 12 ft trailer for catering. Have used Yellowstuff for both exchanges and have replaced the calipers once replacing the slide pin kit both times. I have close to 60K miles on the rotors. It was very pricey and I shopped like mad to get the price on hubs and pads rock bottom. I was changing autozone duralast golds every 3 to 5 months like clock work with the warp wobble every time. I felt foolish turning the EBC's but just didn't have the cash for new front hubs. I have almost run the life out of a second set of pads and the turned hubs have yet to give the warp wobble. I did follow the break in instructions and picked up the EBC DVD and did all their recommended install checks. For my money and Time I will go with EBC's again having amazing return on performance. I have looked at other options but there really are not good ones for the two wheel drive EX. The only con is they make dust. You do have to clean the wheels regularly, however, that is better than seeing the autozone guy once a quarter.
As far as the stopping power and peddle ford should have spec'd something similar to this set up at purchase. Its everything you hoped to have. Smooth, rapid, controlled stopping with full cargo and trailer/boat. Plus longevity.
Someone would really have to have a fantastic setup that cost about the same as an autozone set of brakes to make me change from the EBC Sport hubs with Yellowstuff. For what its worth the EBC rep did not feel the Greenstuff would perform with towing and was not recommended by the EBC engineers for a truck as heavy as the EX.
For what its worth.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:20 AM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLarge View Post

They make noise until they are 'broken in'. Mine haven't made a sound since then.

I'll be towing a 4wd F250 CCSB on a 2-car GN trailer from GA to NJ this weekend and the mountains will put these 'old' pads to the test again.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:34 AM
Posting Guru

jasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to behold
I absolutely love the stopping power of my yellow stuff. After they were all broken in, I've decided I'll never go to any other pad for my excursion.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Elder User

David7.3 has a good reputation on FTE.David7.3 has a good reputation on FTE.David7.3 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySkiJason View Post
They make noise until they are 'broken in'. Mine haven't made a sound since then.

I'll be towing a 4wd F250 CCSB on a 2-car GN trailer from GA to NJ this weekend and the mountains will put these 'old' pads to the test again.
Where ya going in Jersey?
99 F-350 7.3 PSD 6" superlift springs, 35 toyo load E tires, true trac front, detroit locker rear, 140 gallons fuel, Desiel-site coolant filter, 6.0 trans cooler, BDS trans, Banks billet converter, Bank trans command, Banks turbo housing, wicked II wheel, big head waste gate, Power elbow, EBCV removed, diesel-o-rings in fuel bowl. 203 t-stat,TS Performance tuner, True 4" exhaust turbo back, More to Come when the funds come.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:46 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
2005, brake, duty, ebc, f250, ford, green, hawk, onford, pads, pickups, power, problems, slot, stuff, super, vs, yellow