Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009+ F150 Discuss the 2009 through 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Postmaster

juneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud of
Interesting info. By the time I'm due for another one, it'll probably be a unibody.

Quote:
You haven't lived life until you've done 110mph in a Yugo
Old 08-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Senior User

Justjimmy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneau76 View Post
Interesting info. By the time I'm due for another one, it'll probably be a unibody.
Bite your tongue man!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Freshman User

atbear is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw48 View Post
Sorry, but no you can't spec a screw with an 8' bed. It is not available. You may mean a scab.
You're right. I didn't realize it changed my choice for me from SuperCrew to Regular Cab when I chose 8' bed (so, the choice was available, but it changed my other choice).
Old 08-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Junior User

BadgerBoy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Seven-lug wheels will also be available on the upgraded SuperCrew, as opposed to the lighter weight six-lug wheels from previous models.
Cool, just like the old F250 Light Duty my family used to have. A lot of these upgrades with the frame and suspension are similar on what they did to that truck. I like that ford is improving the capabilities of the F150 because they can, not because they have to.

Quote:
Uh-oh... lower fuel economy - Obama will not approve ;-)

I'm sure it will be a welcome addition, as it seems to be going in the direction the customer desires (vs the government as previously discussed).

Go Ford!
Yup they are, I am glad they are continuing to build real trucks. The Feds can stick it!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Senior User

Augster is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerBoy View Post
The Feds can stick it!
I'm a Fed. Where can I stick it?

Military about to retire after 23 (woot!) BTW, what the heck does the expression "woot" mean anyways? "Yonkers" and their "hip" expressions...
Old 08-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Junior User

BadgerBoy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augster View Post
I'm a Fed. Where can I stick it?

Military about to retire after 23 (woot!) BTW, what the heck does the expression "woot" mean anyways? "Yonkers" and their "hip" expressions...
Thank you for your service sir.

Sorry what I truly mean is the EPA and any other clowns who are trying to turn trucks into something useless like a smart car or a pruis with their strangling emissions and fuel requirements.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Elder User

blueovelboy has a good reputation on FTE.blueovelboy has a good reputation on FTE.blueovelboy has a good reputation on FTE.
where do you draw the line at what point dose the half ton truck become a 3/4 ton?
i like the though of it and maybe a diesel power plant to get obamas 54.5 MPG set point.
i like the sound of that for sure!
2012 F150 XLT 4X4 crew cab 5.0 with 3:55 lockable rear end
Old 08-05-2011, 01:52 AM
Junior User

RL201 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Currently driving a "10 Scab with 8' box wth a full cap and 600lb spring steel roller bed. Carry is rated at 11k+ and I'll never reach it. Not sure what the carry is on a 250 or 350 for that matter but would go that route if required so curious as to the rationale for this. More metal = more $, just sayin.

BTW; Augster, you knew what he meant. Don't be a ****. I've got 36 and still rockin. so chill.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:51 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueovelboy View Post
where do you draw the line at what point dose the half ton truck become a 3/4 ton?
i like the though of it and maybe a diesel power plant to get obamas 54.5 MPG set point.
i like the sound of that for sure!
54.5 will only achieved if Ford builds / sells more Fiestas than F-150's. But, the F-150's rule the road yet again and will likely continue to do so.

I've read numerous posts over the last couple of years about how much deeper the bed is than on the '80-'96 models. I never really paid attention until last night. I stepped up on the rear bumper and swung my leg over the tailgate to get in the bed and was nearly dragging the boys across the top of the tailgate. I struck me kind of funny that Ford has added this much steel to these trucks and yet they still perform and get respectable MPG's.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 08-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL201 View Post
BTW; Augster, you knew what he meant. Don't be a ****. I've got 36 and still rockin. so chill.
My my, can't even see the sarcastic humor even with a smiley face in my post.

On 'roids much, perhaps? So in regards to the "donkey" remark, I guess you better look at yourself in the mirror. Or do you like to shoot first, ask questions later?

"Yep, their dead."

"What does Bitte Bitte mean?"

Profanity: The last refuge of a weak mind
Old 08-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Senior User

curtw48 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bitte, Bitte = Please, Please
Old 08-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw48 View Post
Bitte, Bitte = Please, Please
Very well done Curt!

Perhaps you've seen Saving Private Ryan as well?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Senior User

curtw48 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Actually, I learned it from "Blazing Saddles" by Mel Brooks.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Senior User

Ah yes, another classic!

BTW "RL201", you are definitely not "green" as the maximum TIS for Marine enlisted is 30 years; for Marine officers it could be extended to 40 years. You are clearly not a "zero" as your professional conduct on a public forum belies your immaturity. But if the oft chance that you are, I have certainly lost all respect for you as a supposed "officer and a gentleman." And for your supposed "still rockin" comment, I am glad you didn't suffer any serious combat-related injury (good for you), which in my case is leading to a permanent medical retirement (just finished my formal PEB at the Washington Naval Yard). I hope you are still enjoying "rockin'" behind a pencil-pushing desk as no one at 36 will be in a combat MOS billet. And those are the only ones I respect.

Check out my garage. It shows you what I do for a living...

Respect is earned, not given
Old 08-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Elder User

blueovelboy has a good reputation on FTE.blueovelboy has a good reputation on FTE.blueovelboy has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tseekins View Post
54.5 will only achieved if Ford builds / sells more Fiestas than F-150's. But, the F-150's rule the road yet again and will likely continue to do so.
ya i still think we need a f150 with a diesel power plant. although all the hype of the Eco boost. when some came from f-250s and f-350s and cant believe it pulls as good or better than there diesels they steeped out of.
but time will tell all.
2012 F150 XLT 4X4 crew cab 5.0 with 3:55 lockable rear end
Old 08-08-2011, 12:18 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150

Tags
150, 2012, 65, 66, bed, extended payload, f-150, f150, ford, hd, heavy, payload, saleen, screw, supercrew, trucks, xlt