Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: archtaan

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
It's August, time to change the calender chat thread

Summer is fading fast, back to school soon time. Let's all keep in touch.
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 08-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
<filllllllllllllllllllllllllllll>
2011 F-350 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White / Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELD / Gone but not forgotten.
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced / FTE Forum Guidelines

RIP Steve (Bricks) Price........Godspeed my good friend. RIP Paul / Hdslider.....you are truly missed.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
<filllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll>
2011 F-350 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White / Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELD / Gone but not forgotten.

RIP Steve (Bricks) Price........Godspeed my good friend. RIP Paul / Hdslider.....you are truly missed.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Whachuwant?

MCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputation
I really need to check in on the VA Chapter threads more often. Nice to be around people that know their head from their...well ya know.

Having 2 monitors at work is good and bad. Good for work, bad b/c it leads to me being here and working. Back to my railroad deeds from the 1870's. Had one on Friday that came out of.....the Republic of Texas (1844). Awesome.
Official Slackmaster #24
Old 08-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Post Fiend

kjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to behold
Another month gone by, and I'm still in a rut!

Free Paul and Dan from random moderator oppression!!!

1995 F-150
Ranger Mud Truck
Old 08-02-2011, 02:06 AM
Super Moderator

<filllllllllllllllllllllll>

Old 08-02-2011, 05:32 AM
Whachuwant?

MCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke72 View Post
Hey Chandler! Great to see you posting in here. Sounds like a pretty cool job you've got there.
John, I appreciate and accept your sarcasm. Apparently my profession is fit for a monkey, depending on who you ask around here The Title business is not bad, mainly b/c we don't do residential, so we're still making money!!

Happy Tuesday fellas.
Official Slackmaster #24
Old 08-02-2011, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

<filllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll>

Old 08-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Whachuwant?

Ahh so you do understand what we do. Sweet. When I try to explain it to most people I just get blank stares. Sometimes it makes me feel as though I'm talking to my loyal 70lbs companion.
This week is gonna be long, mainly b/c next week is vacation! It cannot get here quick enough.
Official Slackmaster #24
Old 08-02-2011, 07:00 AM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Have a great Tuesday everyone...
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 08-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
A good morning to all. Chandler, that searching can be fun. A few years after I bought my house, I decided to try to find the history of it (before I knew about the abstract). All the records were kept in the stone basement of the County court house. Trying to read some of the hand written deeds was fun.
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 08-02-2011, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

<filllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll>

Old 08-02-2011, 07:19 AM
Whachuwant?

Yeah the old stuff and the history can be fun.
This search I had in Houston, TX was pretty much the oldest I've had my hands on thus far. Attached is the Land Patent from the Republic of Texas, by Sam Houston, to the first property owner. Dated 1844, recorded 1846. Within this chain of title was W.M. Rice (for who Rice University is named) and a few other Texas notables. It was like a small history lesson in one Title Report.
This is a part of a large railroad project we're doing in TX right now. I've been working with deeds like this since late April. I read deeds of this sort all day long...and the wife wonders why I come home and reach straight for the bottle of The Glenlivet 12 on the bar.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Republic of Texas.pdf (547.7 KB, 38 views)
Official Slackmaster #24
Old 08-02-2011, 07:19 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter