1. Call 1st owner? I doubt they kept any copy of it, though.
2. Call locksmith? Usually $50ish.
3. Call police dept - depending on dept or regulations, sometimes they will come out for no charge to unlock.
4. Get out a hanger and get busy doing it the old school way -try not to bend door frame, I've seen people pull too hard to get the hanger through the door and end up bending the door frame. Just aim down to hit the unlock button on the door. Get a step ladder.
5. Wait until tomorrow and go to a Ford dealer to see if they can retrieve the code with the VIN.
On a different note - the access code is usually on a white card in the binder with the owner's manuals - put that card (size of credit card) in your wallet.
Code is preset at the factory(you can program new codes but the factory one will always work). There is a wallet card that came with the owners manual that has the number on it. Can you call the original owner and see if they still have the card?
The dealer can probably get the code for you based on vin# but that would take time.
Hopefully you have road service.
EDIT: What she said! I started my comments before anyone replied. This computer is so slow, even slower than my typing
10 F150 Lariat 4x4
06 F150 King Ranch 4x4- POS - looked great though.
01 F150 Lariat 4x4 - very nice truck.
94 B4000 4x4
59 F100- 125 miles between fill-ups
Last edited by pilot10; 07-31-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Reason: Add another commernt
Haha - no worries - you made a good point about the roadside service, if you pay for that on your insurance (usually only a couple bucks a month), your insurance will unlock it for free. Or if you have AAA.
Yeah...good answers...but.... bought 2.00 claw hammer. wrapped it with .99 Cent tape. Stuck it in top of door frame and turned. Once i had a little room slid a 4.00 piece of 1/4 round trim moulding in there [no sponser props!] and pushed unlock button!!! Voila!!! Just did auto body trick with 2x4 and bent [ ever so slightly!] door frame back and saved myself dealing with cops and/or 100 bucks!! Thanks again all...Winghead.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.