Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2011, 01:53 PM
New User

wingheadz is starting off with a positive reputation.
unlock 03 explorer w/o keys

Help!! Locked keys in explorer and dont have spare [dumb]. We never set code on pad but 1st owner may have?? I obviously cant get under dash now to retreive fac. code. anything i can do to get in???
Old 07-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Senior User

NotMyHusbandsF150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
www.facebook.com/melodysablan
1. Call 1st owner? I doubt they kept any copy of it, though.
2. Call locksmith? Usually $50ish.
3. Call police dept - depending on dept or regulations, sometimes they will come out for no charge to unlock.
4. Get out a hanger and get busy doing it the old school way -try not to bend door frame, I've seen people pull too hard to get the hanger through the door and end up bending the door frame. Just aim down to hit the unlock button on the door. Get a step ladder.
5. Wait until tomorrow and go to a Ford dealer to see if they can retrieve the code with the VIN.

On a different note - the access code is usually on a white card in the binder with the owner's manuals - put that card (size of credit card) in your wallet.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:13 PM
Elder User

pilot10 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think it's called a slim jim.

Code is preset at the factory(you can program new codes but the factory one will always work). There is a wallet card that came with the owners manual that has the number on it. Can you call the original owner and see if they still have the card?

The dealer can probably get the code for you based on vin# but that would take time.

Hopefully you have road service.

Tim

EDIT: What she said! I started my comments before anyone replied. This computer is so slow, even slower than my typing
94 B4000 4x4
59 F100- 125 miles between fill-ups
78 Datsun

Last edited by pilot10; 07-31-2011 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Add another commernt
Old 07-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Senior User

NotMyHusbandsF150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
www.facebook.com/melodysablan
Haha - no worries - you made a good point about the roadside service, if you pay for that on your insurance (usually only a couple bucks a month), your insurance will unlock it for free. Or if you have AAA.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:18 PM
New User

wingheadz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks all for un lock tips

Yeah...good answers...but.... bought 2.00 claw hammer. wrapped it with .99 Cent tape. Stuck it in top of door frame and turned. Once i had a little room slid a 4.00 piece of 1/4 round trim moulding in there [no sponser props!] and pushed unlock button!!! Voila!!! Just did auto body trick with 2x4 and bent [ ever so slightly!] door frame back and saved myself dealing with cops and/or 100 bucks!! Thanks again all...Winghead.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:56 PM

LxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant future
Moved to correct forum.

88 5.0 LX Mustang
63 F100 351W/C6

Old 07-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Postmaster

shorod has a good reputation on FTE.shorod has a good reputation on FTE.shorod has a good reputation on FTE.
Good work. I trust you're going to get a spare key made now, or at least a spare fob, in addition to getting the factory keyless code.

-Rod
Old 07-31-2011, 07:59 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator

Tags
03, 150, 2000, 2002, 2003, explorer, ford, fordexplorer, keys, locked, remote, slimjim, sport, trac, truck, unlock, unlocking