Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2011, 07:36 AM
Postmaster

Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.
Yeah. Transmission shifts alot lower at WOT. Has more noticeable off the line power. Not to mention the deep roar it let's out when you floor it
Old 08-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Postmaster

Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.Edgethis has a great reputation on FTE.
New video, gonna add the link as soon as my internet decides to upload from my phone!

Also I'm debating between rebuilding my transmission or swapping in a C6. Any suggestions?
1968 Mustang Coupe Booms Restomod Thread
Old 08-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Postmaster

95 zebra bronco 351w headers exhaust - YouTube

Pacesetter full length headers into a custom 2.5" Y pipe
Flowmaster Super 44 2.5 in 2.5 out single exhaust turned down just behind the axle.

Hope you guys like it.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Postmaster

Got a new Trans pan! This one is from Rock Auto and it only cost me $33 shipped to my door. This pan has the drain plug built in.

New trans pan E4OD by Edgethis, on Flickr

PS it came with that magnet, so I figured Id add it for your veiwing pleasure.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Elder User

NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.NewEnglander has a very good reputation on FTE.
Ryan Vaillancourt
Sounds pretty damn good.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...o-lift-it.html
"Live Free or Die"
Old 09-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Postmaster

Thanks! Its gotten deeper as the muffler breaks in.

Im currently working on a Floor shifter install for the E4OD, pics and tips coming soon, hopefully. I have it all installed, just have to actually hook teh cable to the trans.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Postmaster

So, I replaced my rear window motor this morning as it'd gone out a while back. Figured I better fix it before winter. I did not know that as soon as you remove the motor, the dang regulators slam up like a bear trap! The after trying to get thenew motor in with the regulators in place for about a half hour, I began wondering if maybe I need to hire a contortionist to do this or (light bulb) unbolt the window regulator so i have better access. Everything went super smooth after that. Now I have to replace that dang dash switch so I don't have to get out to roll it up/down.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Postmaster

O and I noticed, the electrical tab where I assume the Defrost wire clips on, but I didnt see a wire anywhere. Does anyone have a diagram or know where I might find it? Thanks
Old 09-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Postmaster

Ok I decided to move foward with my floor shifter project. I started by ordering the Winter's shifter kit from the graveyard. I was a little disappointed once I realized that this was in no means a "bolt on" conversion as the site kinda makes it sound. First off their physically isnt room to mount teh shifter and have full operation on the stock floor pan. Its either hitting the dash or hitting the center console. Secondly, you have to dismantle part of the transmission to install their shifter arm/rod. I'm not sure whay they couldnt make a kit to mount onto the factory arm.

My problem is that my transmission works...mostly it does have hard shifting issue so I didnt wanna tear into and do something that would cause it to not work for the time being. Also, I don't know how to weld. I plan on taking classes but spare time is rare. So making a custom mount wasnt really an option either.

i have the mount together and I took pics of the process but it was made completly bolt on. I just coated it with bedliner so it'll match the rest of the interior for now. Pics to come tonight! (hopefully) as my work computer won't let me go to any of the picture hosting sites. (lame)
Old 09-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Postmaster

This is the kit as I got it from the Graveyard.

2011-09-02_13-04-27_328.jpg by Edgethis, on Flickr

Here is what I decided to use to make the mount for my shifter. it an ammo can for 5.56 rounds if anyone's wondering.

2011-09-21_10-29-02_844.jpg by Edgethis, on Flickr

Here is my mount after measuring and trimming it down to the appropriate size.

2011-09-21_11-39-43_473.jpg by Edgethis, on Flickr

Here is the whole assembly put together so I could make sure it all lined up as planned.

2011-09-21_12-36-10_437.jpg by Edgethis, on Flickr

It was a pain to get the cable connected as I already had the cable fed through the floor.

2011-09-21_14-35-46_84.jpg by Edgethis, on Flickr

And finally here is the end result! I like it but I may add a longer handle/ different shifter to make it feel more comfortable.

2011-09-21_15-10-54_63.jpg by Edgethis, on Flickr

Here soon, I will show how to hook the cable to the transmission.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Posting Guru

78Explorer has a very good reputation on FTE.78Explorer has a very good reputation on FTE.78Explorer has a very good reputation on FTE.
NICE job!!!

I also like the new tranny pan! May have to get one of those!
68 lime gold Mustang coupe - 289/auto (hers)

Old 09-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Postmaster

Thanks!

I figured if I was gonna have to drop the trans pan to pull the valve body may as well upgrade the pan. Heck for $33 its a deal just to get one and keep it on a shelf till time to change trans oil.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Posting Guru

78Explorer has a very good reputation on FTE.78Explorer has a very good reputation on FTE.78Explorer has a very good reputation on FTE.
I couldn't agree more...servicing the tranny on mine is next on my list...that pan will be perfect!
68 lime gold Mustang coupe - 289/auto (hers)

Old 09-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Postmaster

Finally found a good deal on rotors and hubs.

2011-09-23_18-58-17_143.jpg by Edgethis, on Flickr

Got all that for right at $200! Good deal I feel.

Here's a before picture of what i had to begin with. I didn't know it but the caliper is seized, thus causing the warping and grooves on the rotor. Also glad I chose to get the hub assembly as the previous owner must have beat the passenger hub with a sledge for fun. I was barely able to get the lockout assembly out.

2011-09-23_19-10-31_67.jpg by Edgethis, on Flickr

Here's an after pic! Nice and shiny!

2011-09-23_22-31-06_337.jpg by Edgethis, on Flickr

2011-09-23_22-30-43_440.jpg by Edgethis, on Flickr

Now I have to wait till tommorow, I'm gonna get new calipers and pads.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:32 PM
The Brown Mod

Encho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant future
Good goooood... - rubs hands together -.
My Write-ups: Ford Steering Box Rebuild / Ford Front End Rebuild and auto hubs replacement / Ford Rear Drum Brakes / Ford E4OD Cooler & Shift Kit mods, drain-refill procedures R.I.P. Steve, you will be deeply missed my friend
Old 09-23-2011, 11:32 PM