1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

wiring connectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 06:32 AM
yargnitram
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wiring connectors

does anyone have a idea where i can get the original type wiring bullets connectors/plugs cotton sleeving etc,i have just had a look at my rear loom and its gone quite brittle,i also removed the camper special plug is in good condition ( looks like its never been connected,but wiring is brittle,also there was another 4 way plug attached to that part of the loom no idea what that powered,i would like to make my own loom so i can power some rear amber indicator lights,did the 67-72 have a differant rear loom,any dealers got any new old stock for the 64-66 looms

Old 07-31-2011, 12:05 PM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
During "pic n pull' shopping sprees I would remove the connectors, pins, etc. off 65-66 wire harnesses before yard crushed the truck. Suggest check with ebay, couple months back I purchased an assortment of Ford original wire harness pins, sleeves, and connectors, new in the box; same as those on my 65, seller had a 'buy it now' unbelievable deal.

Seem to recall purchasing the cloth wire loom off Restoration Specialty,Inc; also many of the hard to comeby hardware, believe there are couple other simular companies, hopefull other members can provide additional sources.

Posted the following info. some time back, I believe it's correct but suggest research before ordering the parts.

There are 2, 4-6, and 10 circuit 'socket' type; and then the 2, 4-6, and 10 circuit 'pin' type sleeves.

2 circuit 'pin' terminal sleeve: C5AZ 14489E
2 circuit 'socket' terminal sleeve: C5AZ 14489-F

4-6 circuit 'pin' terminal sleeve: C5AZ 14489-H
4-6 circuit 'socket' terminal sleeve: C5AZ 14489-G

yargnitram; which connector(s) and pin(s), etc., are you looking for and how many of ea? Not sure I can help; if so, you can have the items; having said that, unfortunately they are at 1 of 2 locations and not sure which. If unable to locate what you need and intested, pm; address is in my FTE profile, or post.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:39 PM
F250GH
Tuned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=daveengelson;10642083]During "pic n pull' shopping sprees I would remove the connectors, pins, etc. off 65-66 wire harnesses before yard crushed the truck. Suggest check with ebay, couple months back I purchased an assortment of Ford original wire harness pins, sleeves, and connectors, new in the box; same as those on my 65, seller had a 'buy it now' unbelievable deal.

Yup, that was me. "Mr Unbelievable". Hope you enjoy those. I had them on the shelf and they were just taking up space.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:08 PM
KO1960
Laughing Gas
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
http://vintageford.com/sect_search.cfm?LineName=Street Rod&Line=Street Rod&Category=Wiring&StartRow=161&PageNum=9
Sacramento Viintage Ford has different types of loom along with many electrical parts.

Kurt

Old 07-31-2011, 02:11 PM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
[QUOTE=F250GH;10642184]
Originally Posted by daveengelson
During "pic n pull' shopping sprees I would remove the connectors, pins, etc. off 65-66 wire harnesses before yard crushed the truck. Suggest check with ebay, couple months back I purchased an assortment of Ford original wire harness pins, sleeves, and connectors, new in the box; same as those on my 65, seller had a 'buy it now' unbelievable deal.

Yup, that was me. "Mr Unbelievable". Hope you enjoy those. I had them on the shelf and they were just taking up space.
Wish you had decided to clear your shelf couple yrs. back when I was trying to find those darn pins for my 65 daily driver. I posted a thread on FTE at the time w/ no results. The items are now collecting dust on my shelf but definately intend using them on my other 65 as soon as time permits and I can bring her home. Hopefully you came away from the transaction please I can certainly say I did. Thank you!!!!

Old 07-31-2011, 04:24 PM
camperspecial65
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the tail light harness on 65-66 and 67 up trucks are different...the connectors in the above posting from the parts catalog is incorrect as it pertains to the rear wiring...they are all of the type of rubberized connectors seen on the turn signal buckets to main harness. The camper harness I would be interested in seeing a pic of it as it alone was an accessory and hard to find.
The wiring connectors seen in the illustration above are to the best of my knowlege where it pertains to the 65-66 trucks is used ONLY on the turn signal switch where it plugs into the main harness.
Those werent used in the tail harness as I mentioned...my NOS harness backs it up too...
Which harness are you seeking...the one that runs along the LH frame rail from right behind the steering box rearward or the one from the end of the frame rail and attaches across the rear of the pickup bed ?

- cs65

Old 07-31-2011, 11:32 PM
yargnitram
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for all the replies,(cs 65 ),i am looking for the one that runs from under the steering box along the frame rail rearwood ,then loom to each rear light unit,i will take a photo of camper special plug when i get a moment,also of the one with the 4 connection plug ,i will try to make my own loom if i can find all the right connectors,if anyone is breaking a 65 especially a camper special i would be interested so i can lay it out to copy

Old 08-01-2011, 05:49 PM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
As cs65 noted the picture of the connectors and pins are not what you are looking don't recall having a part # for the 2 and 3 wire male/female connectors.

Posting pic is of tailight wire harness installed in my 65. This pic is of the wire harness from rag to the rear taillight harness. There's a 3 prong connector at the steering box area which consist of a male prong with a brown wire, a famale prong with a yellow wire, and the other prong has a grn wire. The wire runs to the rear tailligh harness and branches into 2 separate connectors. I used pieces of wire loom, or rubber hose at location where the harness could rub against the frame.

This is pic of the other section of the taillight harness, it has the corresponding connectors 1 for the rt and the other to the lf tailight. There's also a single wire connector for the license place light. This section of the harness is wrapped in fabric type loom.

Finally, posting pic of circuit; the wire color code matches the wiring in the harness installed in the 65.