Obama's new specs for fuel consumption

Old 10-01-2011, 02:21 AM
SixGunCaliforniaKid
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is it me or could they possibly go with a less radical Idea than taking my truck away, and say go green with power plants to provide power (however they do that) and let the consumers have a choice in either the limp wristed hy-douche-lectric or your very efficient coal burner? kinda like what this guy said below:

Originally Posted by goldenfuel
A federal standard requiring all utilities to obtain 25 percent of their electricity from renewable energy sources by 2025 would create 297,000 new domestic jobs and save consumers $64.3 billion in lower electricity and natural gas bills, according to a new analysis from the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) released today. The analysis also found that this renewable electricity standard would generate $13.5 billion in new income for farmers, ranchers and rural landowners, and reduce global warming pollution by 277 million metric tons a year by 2025, the equivalent of the annual output of 70 new, average-size, coal-fired power plants.
with the trade off being that they get off our tails about emissions and look at how much ppl pollute just by flipping a switch...

how many hours does my truck run? not as many hours as that darn light switch is on....

if I dont make sense its cuz its late pulling an all nighter... been up since 0700, ill try again later LMAO

just my .02

Old 10-02-2011, 07:34 AM
SNIPER168308
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
We in American's have some of the brightest and technical minded folks in the world. Ex. Kelly Johnson; for his brilliance in the areospace industry, U2, SR-71, etc. Nikola Tesla; Tesla Sphere and modern electrical engineering. And many more, whose names we don't know.

The problem is that government and special interest groups, with big money, have always directed the path of research and development. Most of them draw the path for greater wealth for themselves. There are those around us, just look here on FTE, that are very smart and know how to get things done and make machinery operate more efficiently. Problem being, we are the "little guy" and if we don't have the money to promote or research our creation, it dies. For example: Tesla invented the Tesla Sphere, thereby saying he could produce electricity, send it thru the atmosphere for all to have (no overhead or underground power cables) thru a series of sending and receiving units. Unfortunately we will never see what he was truely capable of or his contibutions to mankind, because, his funding was ended and all his notes and documents were somehow destroyed or seized and/or hidden.(you decide) And, scientists have not been able to successfully recreate his work.

I say to you, there are many Kelly Johnsons and Nikola Tesla's in this country, they shouldn't be opressed, and Oduma and his ole lady and their followers, need to get the hell out of the way of we Americans way of doing business and being #1 in the world.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:57 AM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Without gov't subsidies none of the current alternative fuel sources are viable! Out of those 297,000 new jobs, how many will loose their jobs in the coal industry? Here in Kentucky and the other coal producing states this is a big concern. I personaly don't work or even know anyone that does work in this industry, but it is a concern for me as it would affect the economy of this great commonwealth! The ripple effect starts then. If they use less coal, then the guys transporting it are also out of work like the some railraod workers and the barge operators on places like the Ohio river to name a couple. As for saving us other folks money on our lighting/heating bills, ha ha ha ha! That is a joke. Just as with ethanol, the "we know what's best for you" guys in D.C. would need to help them out with our hard earned money they take in taxes. They can't even run the gov't on what they take now, so where do they get the money for this? My old dino burning (can't find a reliable source of wvo for bio) 6.9 IDI gets around 19-20 mpg. dialy driving and around 15-16 towing. The new fuel actaully hurt this mpg and costs more to refine and buy. Ethonal isn't much better. It doesn't have the same energy out put as straight gas does so it takes more to do the same work as well. If they want ot do something helpful, they should promote more diesel and or diesel/hybrid vehicles here in the states. Sorry for the rant but it gets my blood boiling when I think about the Fed sticking their nose into everything. It is not their place to try and control our lives, we fought a war a couple centries ago to stop that sort of thing.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:47 AM
SD26
Senior User
Cool Air NOT Kool Aid. An L-29 military aircraft piloted by Carol Sugars and Douglas Rodante succeeded in completing the world’s first jet flight powered solely by 100% biodiesel fuel. Blown out?
Not terribly.

Given that the flight would have used less fuel if it had utilized diesel.

Just a facts for everyone, hybrids have two discrete power systems, gasoline and electric. Either one can propel the vehicle, but they work together when more power is need for acceleration or hill climbing. The electric system operates most of the time, and the gasoline motor only runs when the batteries need recharging.
Why is it that diesel is eliminated from this consideration for the combustion engine?

Sure, I do recognize that there is plenty of ideology in the ruling class that diesel is "bad", thus, it is regulated out.

Considering the foregoing, a word of conclusion may be drawn, that trucks, either light or heavy duty, is capable of performing on its high capacity than battery powered does.
At what expense to its function? Specifically, payload.

If the current battery structure of a diesel tractor trailer is 2100 pounds of power that can be replenished in a relatively short period of time at a diesel stop, that's taking up a small percentage of payload. What's weight of electrical battery is going to move an 80,000 total payload? Is that gonna take up 50% of the payload?

Old 10-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Jakebrake
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
And oh by the way, speaking of Tesla. Tesla is busy celebrating its first month of profitability, and it's clear that something about their model is working.
In June 2009 Tesla was approved to receive US$465 million in interest-bearing loans from the United States Department of Energy-Wikipedia

Lets see if they can pay that back...or if they will go bankrupt like Solyndra.

Tesla is currently developing the Model S, an all-electric family sedan. Tesla unveiled the car March 26, 2009 with an anticipated base price of US$57,400 (or US$49,900[12] after a US federal tax credit)-Wikipedia

That tax credit is $7500 I believe..now on the backs of the American Taxpayer. A nice Camry or Accord is about 30K...can be serviced nationwide...probably safer to drive and cheaper to insure.

We are not Europe...in the big scheme of things these EV vehicles will not work in the USA. Keep the government in check and let the free market determine what we want to buy...not have the government ram more crap down our throats...there has already been enough of that!
End of my rant!

Old 10-03-2011, 06:11 PM
samsdad02
More Turbo
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey Jakebrake, you must hate the planet and poor people with logical, informed and realistic opions like that!

Old 10-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Jakebrake
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

Originally Posted by samsdad02
Hey Jakebrake, you must hate the planet and poor people with logical, informed and realistic opions like that!
No hate....nothing but love...BUT I will keep my money thank you very much!

Old 10-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Jakebrake
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

Originally Posted by turbohunter
You're all invited to the ranch WTSHTF.
Where is the ranch? Can we drink beer there?

Old 10-03-2011, 09:28 PM
samsdad02
More Turbo
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Jake I apologize that my sarcasm didn't go thru I'm a little under the weather.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:36 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jakebrake
We are not Europe...in the big scheme of things these EV vehicles will not work in the USA. Keep the government in check and let the free market determine what we want to buy...not have the government ram more crap down our throats...there has already been enough of that!
End of my rant!
I agree, we're not in Europe...because if we were we'd have more than diesel powered (3/4 ton & up) trucks and 2 or 3 diesel powered cars to choise from. I completely agree, let free market dictate what we drive...not big brother. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for clean air standards and waste disposal regulations...but don't tell me what to buy.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Jakebrake
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

Originally Posted by samsdad02
Jake I apologize that my sarcasm didn't go thru I'm a little under the weather.
No worries...it's all good!

Old 10-04-2011, 11:35 AM
U.P. Builder
Senior User
Originally Posted by Jakebrake
Where is the ranch? Can we drink beer there?
You can drink beer at my compound, we have a home brew setup too. Just don't drink if you're pulling guard duty.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Jakebrake
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

Originally Posted by U.P. Builder
You can drink beer at my compound, we have a home brew setup too. Just don't drink if you're pulling guard duty.
Thanks for the invite...the UP is a little far to go for a beer, especially since the snow is about to start flying!

Old 01-12-2012, 09:45 AM
1bigjoe
Senior User
don't forget to vote

Old 01-12-2012, 12:09 PM
cj06
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1bigjoe
don't forget to vote

that is , DONT FORGET TO VOTE OBAMA OUT OF OFFICE !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Obama's new specs for fuel consumption