6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Premium stereo upgrade questions??

Old 09-08-2011, 11:47 AM
GR8Dane
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a friend wire in all new Pioneer components and sub plus two amps for each. The sound is much, much better than stock.

I still have two issues that need to be resolved though:
1. Getting some whining sound from the tweeters, even when the system is off. He's going to get rid of the line drops to the amp in hopes to fix the problem and add some ground caps.
2. He hasn't been able to find the location to power the amps in time with the factory head unit. Right now the system turns off with the key. It turns back on when you turn the key to Accy but then the truck turns off power to that line after about 30 seconds. Hopefully he can get that one figured out for me so I can sit and listen to the radio without the truck running.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Chase This!
Freshman User
I must not be enough of an audio snob. My speakers sounds fine to me. Unless my King Ranch came with some different components.

B

Old 09-09-2011, 02:27 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Chase This!
I must not be enough of an audio snob. My speakers sounds fine to me. Unless my King Ranch came with some different components.

B
I couldn't hear the factory system at freeway speeds with the windows down so I opted to put it on a small dose of steroids. I must not be enough of a leather snob because the Lariat leather was good enough for me..

That's great you're satisfied with it though, you're saving yourself some money for something else down the road that you may not be entirely satisfied with...

Old 09-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Chase This!
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet
That's great you're satisfied with it though, you're saving yourself some money for something else down the road that you may not be entirely satisfied with...

Yes, like an unleveled truck and stock tires. Getting it leveled and adding some 35" tires. Not sure which tires just yet. Probably some Nitto 295/65R20.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:57 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Chase This!
Yes, like an unleveled truck and stock tires. Getting it leveled and adding some 35" tires. Not sure which tires just yet. Probably some Nitto 295/65R20.
I'm going the same route once I burn off the stock Mich's (unbeknownst to the wife)...

Old 01-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Fontana
Senior User
Speaker Issue
Many many people are interested in speaker upgrades. Here is the problem, no one has yet put a complete upgrade together. Just a sub here, mid 5x7 there, one guy replaced tweets but had to drill a hole to do it.

This is a mod that I would like to do. I called Crutchfield and the guy I spoke with wanted to sell me an amp. I do not know much about speakers and I don't want to mess up my truck or waste money!

Hopefully one of the electronics bubbas will post a complete suggestion.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:54 PM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet
(unbeknownst to the wife)...
Just remember it is always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission!!

Old 01-11-2012, 09:52 PM
jmcquarry
Senior User
Originally Posted by Fontana
Speaker Issue
Many many people are interested in speaker upgrades. Here is the problem, no one has yet put a complete upgrade together. Just a sub here, mid 5x7 there, one guy replaced tweets but had to drill a hole to do it.

This is a mod that I would like to do. I called Crutchfield and the guy I spoke with wanted to sell me an amp. I do not know much about speakers and I don't want to mess up my truck or waste money!

Not an electronic Bubba,,,,but I just installed 4 JL Audio C3's 5x7 (component speaker) that fit in the factory locations (tweeters in factory locations), can't tell they are there until you turn them on! Also installed a Fosgate 400w 4 channel amp that fits perfect behind the back seat, factory impression on the passenger side near sub. It needs some adjusting with the gain, but sounds fantastic, very sharp separation between tweeter, mids and sub---. Very glad I did not mess with a new head unit,,,,it cranks, with little to no distortion,,,,(saw the JL Audio C5's for less than $300 on Amazon,,wish I had before buying the C3's--$400 per pair)
Also got Dynamat in today, gonna line all four doors, pillars and probably behind back seat,,,should be a very easy install,,, we shall see....After a month I am very, very pleased with the speakers and amp,,,had a shop do the install, very professional look, can't tell there was anything done,,,till you turn on the stereo,,,evan at very low levels, fantastic sound,,,many good brands of speakers, however if you go with the JL's I know you will be pleased,,,but the amp made a huge difference..........I may replace the sub/amp next,,,but not a huge bass fan,,,the factory sub works, but dwarfed by the new sounds

Install was on a 2011 F350CC

Old 01-12-2012, 05:42 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Fontana
Speaker Issue

I have (had) the premium stereo and didn't like the factory sound. The sub volume decreases as you turn it up, I'm sure this is Ford's way of making sure I didn't blow up their sub-par quality sub. I love the nav unit and Sync so I left that alone and bought an amp that'll run all the speakers and a new sub/box. I haven't replaced the door speakers yet (got shocks/steering stabilizer instead) but when I'm ready to do so, the added watts from the new amp will already be in place, just have to replace the speakers and turn the gains up a bit on the amp. Details of the components I have are in my signature. Post up if you have any questions.