General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Road trip!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 10:14 PM
hanklin
Hotshot
Received 684 Likes on 397 Posts
there wont be any topless chicks there

Old 08-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Let me know when you're heading this way.
Also, if you need to special order parts, you can ship them here and I'll set them aside for you. I know some of the European stuff has some pretty long wait times-

Old 08-09-2011, 11:38 PM
billt28
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by keyul
Right now I am in the middle of south dakota at the pioneer auto show, had to come back out of the building after the first exhibit cause my camera dies, so I am charging it up right now!

Guess the annual sturgis bike rally is goin on too.
\

If you get a chance, stop in at sturgis. The town is crazy right now. KBER.COM (the freakshow) is broadcasting from there.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:10 AM
keyul
Postmaster
Hey guys! Heres the photos from my drive through wisconsin, minnesota, south dakota, and the auto museum! I liked that place, gave me lots of ideas for future projects! Photos are backwards in order, thats photobucket for ya!

I am going to go to the badlands tomorrow, I should be able to check out sturgis after that sometime! I am currently spending the night in wall, theres bikers all over the place!

UP WI MN SD pictures by keyul87 - Photobucket

Old 08-10-2011, 12:43 AM
Towmanjbo
Cargo Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That museum is way cool!

Old 08-10-2011, 01:41 AM
keyul
Postmaster
Justin, think they have over 250 vehicles there! Tons of other stuff too, I had to go through quick because I got there a bit before closing!

Old 08-10-2011, 02:37 PM
dohc_chump
This space for rent...
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You said Badlands and I automatically thought the off road park... than reality sunk in.

Hope you got some real Wisconsin cheese while you were passing through!

Old 08-10-2011, 09:04 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Originally Posted by dohc_chump
You said Badlands and I automatically thought the off road park... than reality sunk in.

Hope you got some real Wisconsin cheese while you were passing through!
Sadly, I didn't, I did stop and sit along lake superior though! Real nice up there, I have a tendency to drive straight through to where I am going, I know I miss a few things but I got a ton to do!

Today I went through the badlands, real neat terrain there, did a little hike, drove through the whole park. They don't allow off-road biking there, but the terrain wasn't really suited for it anyway.

After that, I went to MT Rushmore. I didn't go in, no way I'm payin 11 buck to park! So, took a few pictures from the road, then pulled over a bit after and went rock climbing, got to the top, took a few pictures as it began to thunder in the distance.

The traffic, madness, and sheer amount of bikes around the entire area from sturgis is nuts! I am currently in spearfish, I passed by sturgis, looked like a sea of gridlocked motorcycles, I didn't even attempt to go in town!

Checked out a trail to ride on the mountain bike tomorrow, got a 2000 ft climb, then you can link up to some other stuff if you feel like it, or turn around and bomb back down the mountain which I have a feeling is what I am going to want to do the most! 2000ft decent, yes please! I'll try and get the GoPro on my helmet tomorrow as well.

I'll get pictures sorted out, uploaded and linked here in a bit!

Old 08-10-2011, 09:58 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Heres the link to todays stuff:
sd pictures by keyul87 - Photobucket

And as usual, Gotta find a spot for the bust tonight!

Old 08-11-2011, 04:56 AM
Nice Work Truck
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the photo's Kyle.
I want to get out that way some day it looks nice.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:44 AM
Eatonpcat
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool Pictures, wish I had the ***** to climb up those rocks!!!

Old 08-11-2011, 07:42 AM
keyul
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Nice Work Truck
Thanks for the photo's Kyle.
I want to get out that way some day it looks nice.
It's a nice area for sure!

Originally Posted by Eatonpcat
Cool Pictures, wish I had the ***** to climb up those rocks!!!
Not gonna lie, I was pretty scared! I'm not an experienced rock climber by any means
!

Old 08-11-2011, 02:52 PM
dohc_chump
This space for rent...
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Ah, Mount Rushmore! Sculpted by a KKK member, all the Presidents shown were involved in stripping Native Americans of their land, not to mention it's on sacred Lakota land that the gov't gave 'em and then took back. Yay!

Old 08-11-2011, 06:20 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Originally Posted by dohc_chump
Ah, Mount Rushmore! Sculpted by a KKK member, all the Presidents shown were involved in stripping Native Americans of their land, not to mention it's on sacred Lakota land that the gov't gave 'em and then took back. Yay!
America, **** yea!

I went biking today in the morning at the trail I was talking about! Man what a kick *** ride! Rose 1500 feet in 3.5miles! Maybe took about 40 minutes to climb to the top. Sat a top the mountain, admired the view for a few minutes, then hauled *** down! Think going down only took about 10 minutes! Damn that was fun! I was always goin too fast for the switchbacks where they turn, went off my bike and off the trail once.

I used the GoPro to film the ride, the quality looks pretty good!! I even had it on its lowest setting, however my laptop is so old that it can't even handle watching the video, so everyone is gonna have to wait, including me, to see it til I can find a better machine to watch the video and edit it.

I am currently in buffalo, wyoming. Gonna do some more biking here in the morning, then it s off to montana!

Old 08-12-2011, 10:30 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Evening from billings, MT. Did some biking today in buffalo, wy, and some more here when I got to Billings. Gonna be spending the night at the cabelas lot. They have free rv parking, potable water, should be a nice spot!

Heading up to Utica, MT tomorrow, an old friend's family has a guest ranch there, I'll probably spend a few days there!

Quick Reply: Road trip!