6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

What new thing did you learn about your 2011 SuperDuty?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 11:52 PM
iggy2
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What new thing did you learn about your 2011 SuperDuty?

Each day I read and learn more about my truck.

I thought the steering wheel just tilted up and down. Today I found out that it telescopes toward driver or away from drive.

Now the question is how did you get your SAT Radio to work Initially without a subscription?

Old 03-31-2011, 11:58 PM
chris8084
Freshman User
I have had mine for 5 weeks and just a couple days ago I found the button that adjusts the pedals.... Lol. My dealership activated sirius for me as soon as I took delivery.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:28 AM
iggy2
Senior User
Originally Posted by chris8084
I have had mine for 5 weeks and just a couple days ago I found the button that adjusts the pedals.... Lol. My dealership activated sirius for me as soon as I took delivery.
It also took me a few days to find the pedal adjustment too.
So if the dealer activated the SAT radio is that good for 5 months for free or something? What happens when the time expires? Does the radio catch on fire if your don't subscribe?

Old 04-01-2011, 01:26 AM
fz1dave
Super Duty
You'll get a notice asking if you want to renew. If you don't, you won't receive the Sirius channels any longer.

I'm not going to renew since I already had a subscription and a radio that I switch between vehicles.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:37 PM
milkman-06
Senior User
Originally Posted by iggy2
It also took me a few days to find the pedal adjustment too.
So if the dealer activated the SAT radio is that good for 5 months for free or something? What happens when the time expires? Does the radio catch on fire if your don't subscribe?
The sat part stops playing. We have a car that had the free for 12 months, it stopped, then the phone calls started offering deals. We wait for the 5 months for $20, to get it .
Best regards,
Russ

Old 04-01-2011, 09:37 PM
iggy2
Senior User
I keep my screen on the instand mpg and try and keep the moving green bar above the line. I think that is how it suppose to work. I also found it has different time intervals that it tests as well aas 4 or 5 past samples in memory.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:08 AM
real_texan
Freshman User
When your running low on fuel, not only does the dash light comes on, the navigation screen shows all fuel stations in the area.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Thenewboss
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I've been playing around with a transmission feature I didn't know about. When in Drive you can push the + button and the gear indicator lights up, plus you can lock out the upper gears, down shift and upshift without losing the automatic functions of the transmission like when in full manual. Pretty cool...

PS...I have changed the oil 4 times and just turned over 15k and the oil change required indication has come on (15k?? Really Ford?). Who knows how to turn this off? I've tried what it says in to manual but it doesn't work.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:50 AM
iggy2
Senior User
Originally Posted by Thenewboss
I've been playing around with a transmission feature I didn't know about. When in Drive you can push the + button and the gear indicator lights up, plus you can lock out the upper gears, down shift and upshift without losing the automatic functions of the transmission like when in full manual. Pretty cool...

PS...I have changed the oil 4 times and just turned over 15k and the oil change required indication has come on (15k?? Really Ford?). Who knows how to turn this off? I've tried what it says in to manual but it doesn't work.
Yes I love tyhat feature when I tow my trailer. Being 5th and 6th are both overdrives I will have to see which I will select.

WOW. 15k and changed oil 4 times. You do know they say 7,500 miles is when you should change. I have a deal with Ford and they will change my oil every 6 months. So are you using regular dino oil, sythenic blend or full synthetic?

Old 04-02-2011, 08:55 AM
iggy2
Senior User
Originally Posted by real_texan
When your running low on fuel, not only does the dash light comes on, the navigation screen shows all fuel stations in the area.
NO WAY! Does it also show the prices per gallon?

I don't have the Nacagation system

Old 04-02-2011, 09:20 AM
real_texan
Freshman User
NO WAY! Does it also show the prices per gallon?

I don't have the Nacagation system
Yes it does tell gas prices in a different menu. Not only that but movie listings, weather with radar, sports scores, and other stuff

Old 04-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Thenewboss
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes I love tyhat feature when I tow my trailer. Being 5th and 6th are both overdrives I will have to see which I will select.

WOW. 15k and changed oil 4 times. You do know they say 7,500 miles is when you should change. I have a deal with Ford and they will change my oil every 6 months. So are you using regular dino oil, sythenic blend or full synthetic?

Yep, I just did the 4th oil change 10 minutes ago. I don't know, I'm kind of old fashion maybe. I have never really let oil go that far over 3k. I sure it would be ok to follow manufacture spec after all they are engineers, but old habits die hard. I'm just amazed the computer let it go that long, and incidentally, I did figure out how to reset it. I do however use the Motorcraft 5-20 semi-syn and Motorcraft filter as Ford suggests.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:33 AM
HillHunter
Junior User
I can't let mine go over 5k without changing it. Makes me feel like I am abusing my trucks.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:49 AM
itherrkr
Freshman User
1. If you activate MyKey you cannot turn off the backup beeper, which if you are trying to hook up a trailer can become very annoying in a hurry.

2. Towing my toy hauler last weekend, it was very windy. As I was driving, I felt like I was constantly correcting what felt like the truck constantly moving from one side of the road to the other. I turned off the trailer sway control and this problem went away. Even my wife commented, after I turned it off that she was much more comfortable, as was I.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Beach_Bob
Senior User
This morning I learned that my dealer's service department has never heard of anyone having transmission shifting issues

Quick Reply: What new thing did you learn about your 2011 SuperDuty?