Sponsored by: DP Tuner

glow shift guages any good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 03:44 PM
UcaN
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CSIPSD
A simple call to Isspro would fix the issue.

Isspro now has the EV2 without the amp boxes.

Isspro is made in the USA, right in Portland Oregon.

That is the reason i bought them. It is also what i have used on two other vehicles, and never had issues with them.

I will give isspro a call.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Deluxe06
4000 rounds a min
I have triple pillar pod with DP;GS EGT & Boost no problems from GS gauges

Old 07-26-2011, 05:42 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
I can say the first line is OK...the last two are cheer-leading close to advertising .
Originally Posted by CSIPSD
A simple call to Isspro would fix the issue.

Isspro now has the EV2 without the amp boxes.

Isspro is made in the USA, right in Portland Oregon.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:02 PM
szotty
Senior User
so i bought boost,trans temp, and egt guage anybody have wiring diagram and installation diagram to install guages

Old 08-04-2011, 07:16 PM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Isspro? What Version? I can link you the directions...

Old 08-04-2011, 07:27 PM
danskool
Go Bills !
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
What did you get? Didn't come with diagrams and instructions? Dad and I have had GS for years. No issues, Can't recall anyone complaining but yet hear they are junk.

Check this site out. Gauge Installations at DieselManor- 1999-2003 7.3L Powerstroke

Old 08-04-2011, 07:45 PM
szotty
Senior User
i got the glow shift work has been slow, figured were good enough for now and can sell to buddy when i can invest more in to guages got the underdash guage pod

Old 08-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Deluxe06
4000 rounds a min
Here ya go if you went GS.

Attached Images
Old 08-04-2011, 08:47 PM
RedBoat
Rather Be Floatin

Originally Posted by UcaN
Might as well give them a try... I have Isspro gauges with those silly "amp boxes" and i"ve had nothing but trouble with 2. I am about to just toss them and buy something else.

(coolant temp = goes haywire 90% of the time and is pretty much useless now)
(trans temp = does the same thing once in a while.... not very often but it is getting worse.)

I have checked and double checked all my connections to no avail... so it's gota be the boxes.
The new Isspro's dont use amp boxes anymore. My tranny guage was all over the place after only 1 year. Isspro only had a one year warranty and only offered to sell me a new amp box at a reduced price. I just got a new Isspro tranny guage from Clay at RiffRaff and am happy with its performance and no more amp box!

The "early" model Glow shift guages had some problems but they seem to have taken care of the problems and now have many happy customers.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:04 AM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wanted to revisit this old thread since I am thinking about getting the 3 in1 EGT/boost/fuel pressure gauge. As I read this old thread I see some of you guys are still around and would like your feedback on the GlowShift 3in1 or EGT or fuel pressure. I currently am running Autometer but need a EGT. And if I can get a egt and fuel pressure for the price of a egt. It is a win win for me. I already have a boost gauge so I am wondering what I could use the other sensor for?

Now I have read MANY of guys saying Glow Shift are junk but yet they have never had them. Mind you I don't care to hear about what someone read on the interweb second hand. Even though everything on the interweb has to be true...right? I am looking for first hand experience good or bad. Because as I read some of the reviews online within the last 2 yrs it seems to be about 75% are having good luck and 25% have problems with them. Glow Shift seems to have worked thru most of the problems in the past few years so they say.
I personally only believe first hand experience.

Personally I don't care for the look of Glow Shift but since money is tight I mean very tight, if this 3-1 gauge will get the job done I can live with it.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:50 AM
lee00
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BadDogKuzz
I wanted to revisit this old thread since I am thinking about getting the 3 in1 EGT/boost/fuel pressure gauge.

Personally I don't care for the look of Glow Shift but since money is tight I mean very tight, if this 3-1 gauge will get the job done I can live with it.
Can't help with experience yet....but I just ordered the Quad piller pod and max tow gauges for my '97....

Gauges are: boost 60, trans temp, fuel pressure, and egt...

I had thought about dropping the fuel pressure and running two egts...

I will let you know what I think when I get them in hand....

Trucks is going down for a tranny which is why I wanted to get this done now...

Old 02-25-2015, 09:52 AM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Originally Posted by lee00
Can't help with experience yet....but I just ordered the Quad piller pod and max tow gauges for my '97....

Gauges are: boost 60, trans temp, fuel pressure, and egt...

I had thought about dropping the fuel pressure and running two egts...

I will let you know what I think when I get them in hand....

Trucks going down for a tranny which is why I wanted to get this done now...
Sorry to hear about your trans. That would be great if you will weigh in after you get them installed.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:17 AM
JOHN2001
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I have no experience winth the 3in1
I retract my original post in this thread and I'll add that I also upgraded to dual pyros and added a fuel pressure gauge.
I went through 2 or 3 EGT gauges and 3 fuel pressure gauges and 2 sending units for the pressure gauges. By the end of it I didn't even bother putting the FP gauge back in I just threw it on a shelf in my garage.
I will say that their customer service was very good. Gauges that did last longer then the warranty then crapped out were replaced by new ones but not before getting ahold of GS and every time they were happy to discount the new replacements.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:35 AM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Originally Posted by JOHN2001
I have no experience winth the 3in1
I retract my original post in this thread and I'll add that I also upgraded to dual pyros and added a fuel pressure gauge.
I went through 2 or 3 EGT gauges and 3 fuel pressure gauges and 2 sending units for the pressure gauges. By the end of it I didn't even bother putting the FP gauge back in I just threw it on a shelf in my garage.
I will say that their customer service was very good. Gauges that did last longer then the warranty then crapped out were replaced by new ones but not before getting ahold of GS and every time they were happy to discount the new replacements.
Thanks John this is the kind of feedback I was wanting to see.
Not the answer wise but first hand experience and down the road reviews.
But I am sorry to hear you have had these problems !!

Old 02-25-2015, 10:44 AM
lee00
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BadDogKuzz
Sorry to hear about your trans. That would be great if you will weigh in after you get them installed.

No problem I should have the gauges in hand this weekend... I will try and get pictures before install.

Yeah I kinda knew the tranny was suspect when I bought it in september...hoped to get more out of it before the OD flashing light issues and slip codes showed up.

Quick Reply: glow shift guages any good?