Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Postmaster

Tim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputation
Tinted windows

I am thinking about having the windows tinted in my truck. I'm wondering what degree of tent I should go with.

So how many people on here have tented windows and what degree of tent? Would you do the same next time?

2012 F350 DRW, CC, King Ranch, 5th wheel package, air bags with wireless controller, High idle Mod, no door bell and Edge CTS monitor.
2004 Eddie Bauer Explorer, My wife's daily driver
1969 Bronco, Under Construction
1968 F250 Camper Special, 390 my wife's truck she's had it for 30 years.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Elder User

planehunter has a good reputation on FTE.planehunter has a good reputation on FTE.
It's a personal choice, but you should know there are laws that regulate it. A reputable tint shop can answer all your questions.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Postmaster

Tim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputation
I'm thinking 50% on the fronts and 30% on the rest of the truck. I have a co-worker that just tented his 2011 Camero at 30% all the way around. He said he likes it alot and recommended that I should do the same, I'm just not sure I want to go that dark in the front.

Washington law states that the tent must allow more than 24% of light in.

2012 F350 DRW, CC, King Ranch, 5th wheel package, air bags with wireless controller, High idle Mod, no door bell and Edge CTS monitor.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Elder User

planehunter has a good reputation on FTE.planehunter has a good reputation on FTE.
trying not to be a pain, but it's 'tint' not tent.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Postmaster

Yeah your right, I knew that. haha

Old 07-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Elder User

KrautBurner is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm pretty sure that washington law is 30 or 35% film (normally tests 3% darker when new)

I put 20% on all my vehicles (basicly the same that's in the back of an SUV from the factory.
I've had darker, don't really like it at night
and lighter, dosn't feel like much.

where are you located?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Old 07-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrautBurner View Post
I'm pretty sure that washington law is 30 or 35% film (normally tests 3% darker when new)

I put 20% on all my vehicles (basicly the same that's in the back of an SUV from the factory.
I've had darker, don't really like it at night
and lighter, dosn't feel like much.

where are you located?
I live in Chelan.

I talked to a guy in Wenatchee today that does tinting, he thought I would be fine with 30% all around. $254.00 for all the windows.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Elder User

HOW MANY WINDOWS ???
that seems like alot for a pickup (mostly flat windows)

I paid $150 for my 94 Camaro (big curved rear window)
$160 for my 2002 VW GTi, Hatch with 5 large windows
and $180 for my 2005 GTO, curved rear window, 5 windows total

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Postmaster

Well it's my 97 crew cab so if I count the wing windows and the rear slider it would be 10.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Elder User

they are all flat windows,
that seems a bit high to me.

but they do charge more here in the PNW than the rest of the country.
(figure it's a surcharge for having less sun to block)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Postmaster

I think there is even more of a surcharge here on the East side of the mountains where we still need lots of sun block.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:22 AM
New User

PACNWHiboy is starting off with a positive reputation.
35% is whats legal in Wa. I work as a cop here on the west side so i can tell you it is rare that someone gets pulled over for tint. Unless you have like 5%. I had 20% done on my dodge charger. Unless your driving a gangster mobile or a rice rocket and acting stupid, you wont get bothered for it.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACNWHiboy View Post
35% is whats legal in Wa. I work as a cop here on the west side so i can tell you it is rare that someone gets pulled over for tint. Unless you have like 5%. I had 20% done on my dodge charger. Unless your driving a gangster mobile or a rice rocket and acting stupid, you wont get bothered for it.

+1

ask around your area about tint shops,
see how that shop's reputation is. see if you have other choices.

good luck

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Old 07-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Elder User

forddude05 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was quoted $350 to have my Bronco done at a local tint shop. $254 seems like a bargain for a crewby. But as mentioned above, shop around.

As far as I'm concerned, go with the shop that gives you the best price and seems the least sketchy. If a shop says they'll meet or beat another shops' price, chances are they're not that good of quality. Ask around among friends, co-workers, etc. Word-of-mouth reputations are worth their weight in gold, in my opinion.

Good luck!
Washington Chapter, the best in the Northwest!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Postmaster

Thanks guys, I will ask around a bit, my co-worker has had three rigs tinted there and is very happy so like forddude05 said that goes a long ways.

I probably won't get them tinted right away as I have a few other things that are more pressing, but I will let you know when I do. I will take some before and after shots to post also.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:11 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter