Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

Old 11-12-2014, 05:04 PM
How-Tos on this Topic

Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Coolant System Guides
Print Wikipost

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2012, 01:09 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiect01 View Post
I noticed a small puddle under my truck last night. It didn't look like it was from the a/c so I checked it out and it was slippery, and yellowish green. Damn radiator again! I am on my 3rd with 83K on my 2008 all stock truck. I rarely tow and am being told by service tech's over the phone that it will unlikely be covered. If anybody knows of a dealership in Houston, Texas that is willing to get this fixed under warranty please let me know. Thanks! I am currently talking to Joe Myers and Planet Ford, both have already replaced one radiator each for me. The last one being at Planet Ford Dec 09 with 59K.
I'd push to have a look at your thermostats. Even though they are told to no longer pull them.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 05-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Senior User

aggiect01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford is Crazy!

Well I called 4 Houston area dealers this morning to have them look at my leaky 3rd radiator and the first two didn't seem to know about TSB and couldn't look at me truck till Monday. I left the third a message and the fourth seemed to know what they were talking about and said $57 to take a look and if it was coverd then I wouldn't have to pay anything. I have a 2008 F350 with 84K. They looked it over and quickly told me that it was leaking from the upper radiator hose and not the radiator yet. He said my options were to pay $250+ and have them replace the hose or keep an eye on the problem and wait to see if the leak caused the radiator to fail then Ford will let them replace both for free as long as its under the 5yr/100K mark. They are NUTS! Make me pay for a faulty design now to possibly save a future problem or cover everything if the hose leak causes failure. The service tech was informative and a nice guy and didn't even charge me the $57 but come on Ford. I was on my third radiator at 59K and my second at 27k. Admit your mistake and fix it!
2002 F550: 7.3, XL, 16ft box truck, 381K
2003 F250: 6.0,PSD,CC,2x4,SRW,Lariat, 96K
2002 Dodge 2500 ,SLT,2x4,Auto, 55K
Old 05-25-2012, 12:01 PM
New User

JMolina is starting off with a positive reputation.
Help please!!! Just ran into this problem this morning!!!!

Hey F-250 Owners,
Well yesterday i noticed a small leak under the truck, Drove home and woke up this morning and noticed there was a much larger leak, got under hood and could clearly see the leak was coming from the lower radiator hose where the clamp connects to the engine.... I can clearly see the dried crusted residue around the black hose where the clamp is. I called my tech and he basically gave me this run down bout the steps they need to take(which was money for this money for that and money for this). I have 66k and i am trying to figure out what i should do. Should i just replace the whole radiator hose with updated one or should i have them do tha pressure test and try to get it covered under warranty?? Of course i would rather ford take responsibility but i dont mind getting dirty if i update hose and it potentially fixes problem. I dont see any radiator leaks and my fluids have been low for minumum hours with little driving after the notice of problem. Thanks would like some info on what to do !!!
Old 05-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Senior User

I was in your exact situation 1 week ago today but decided to trade my truck in for an f 150. My only concern with replacing the hose is that ford will not cover the radiator after the hose has been replaced if it fails.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:08 PM
New User

Im damned if i do and damned if i dont !!!!!

Thats funny, ive already looked at the brand new 2012 F-250 and i was also thinkin of getting a nice F-150 and trading in this gas gussler... So since my radiator isnt leaking and its just a cheap-o-ring leaking i am not covered is what your saying???? Well Should i just fix this and trade it in at truck month ??? lol Cause i bought the new lower radiator hose and was going to flush coolant replace hose then reload it. Thanks for any advice.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Senior User

I'm only going off what I was told by a few dealers. My hose was leaking but radiator wasn't. THey said I could pay $250 to replace the hose or wait for it to cause radiator failure and Ford would cover both hose/radiator. I traded my truck and $11kam even for a 2012 F150 FX4 loaded with everything sticker $48,195. I loved my F350 but didn't need it anymore and had enough with the radiator.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:31 PM
New User

Sounds Good

Ok, Well i think im just going to replace this and basically do what you did. Trade it in 6 months get me a F-150. Cause i cant just ignore the problem and then get F'd if they wont replace my radiator and hose and cover it under warranty. Which dealer do you deal with?? ive been going to Champion Ford...
Old 05-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Senior User

I'm only going off what I was told by a few dealers. My hose was leaking but radiator wasn't. THey said I could pay $250 to replace the hose or wait for it to cause radiator failure and Ford would cover both hose/radiator. I traded my truck and $11kam even for a 2012 F150 FX4 loaded with everything sticker $48,195. I loved my F350 but didn't need it anymore and had enough with the radiator.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Senior User

Tommy vaughn ford for the last radiator problem and I dealt with philip in truck service. I got my new truck from planet ford 45. They offered me 6000 dollars more for my trade and tommy vaughn
Old 05-25-2012, 04:48 PM
New User

Can you help me Jboczar with getting my whole radiator replaced. You seem to be well educated about this problem and The techs i keep talking to are sayings its not coverd since its 3yr/36k only... and im at 66k so they just ignore me and talk to me like im stupid. When clearly this is something that should have been a recall......
Old 06-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Senior User

jboczar has a good reputation on FTE.jboczar has a good reputation on FTE.
JMolina, you can only get the radiator covered if you also have an o-ring leaking on one of the radiator hoses, top or bottom on drivers side. The idea being that the leaking o-rings caused low coolant which stressed and broke radiator. Now, Ford has us taking pictures and submitting it to them and they make the decision. The newest TSB is 11-12-4. Tell them to print it for you and mention to them about taking pictures and submitting them to Ford for prior approval.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:41 AM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboczar View Post
JMolina, you can only get the radiator covered if you also have an o-ring leaking on one of the radiator hoses, top or bottom on drivers side. The idea being that the leaking o-rings caused low coolant which stressed and broke radiator. Now, Ford has us taking pictures and submitting it to them and they make the decision. The newest TSB is 11-12-4. Tell them to print it for you and mention to them about taking pictures and submitting them to Ford for prior approval.
TSB does not alter the warranty according to the tsb. If they warranty it that is all the better and imho they should.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 06-04-2012, 10:52 AM
New User

Had enough with F-250

I just ended up trading that POS F-250 in and got me a brand new F-150 lariat. Couldnt be happier!!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Senior User

Did you go with Eco or 5.0? Did they give you a fair price for the trade? I went with Ecoboost but would have been happy either way. Wad your 250 gas or diesel
Old 06-04-2012, 04:15 PM
New User

F-250 6.4l diesel

I went with the F-150 5.0. No eco boost. Didnt feel the need for it. I ended up getting a great trade in for my truck. I did go to the dealership where i bought the truck to begin with and they were determined to get me takin care of. Though financing almost f'd the whole deal it got resolved with some extra add-ons and now im liking the extra money i save at pump along with no worries about my truck failing or being Found On Road Dead
Old 06-04-2012, 04:15 PM