Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Exhaust Systems
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2011, 10:35 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
V10 Gibson SS Cat Back Single Side Sweep

Finally replaced the cat back exhaust system, it was just a matter of time. Installed the Gibson SS Single Side Sweep.

This is what was left of the Flow Master FM70!

Click the image to open in full size.

The cat is SS and it seems to be OK, I used a fiber optic scope to look in the end, and the front pipe didn't have extensive rot like from the muffler back.

I'm going to do a sound clip tomorrow on my commute into work.

I have a before from last Summer.

‪Commute 2 Work‬‏ - YouTube

If you look closely at the top of the pile of rust, that little half moon shaped object above whats left of the hanger is some kind of putty the PO used to patch holes!

It was a complete bolt up, except for the last hanger was modified by the PO and it rusted off with the pipe on the left that went up and over the rear axle. So I went to AutoZone and got a universal hanger that slipped under the last clamp and bolted through an existing hole in the frame just forward of the tank, you can see it in the wheel well third picture, didn't utilize the hook on the last section from Gibson.

Sound wise it's a lot quieter than it was, even before it fell apart, but still has a slight rumble.

This was all taken from my update in the Excursion Forum!
Old 07-19-2011, 10:35 PM