6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Remote start

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 10:07 AM
6.7Fan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, I tested this morning as well. Oddly enough, the cool down works for me. SUPER COOL!

I did the same:

1) Drive up and put it in park
2) Open driver's door
3) Using the key buttons (truck still running) I push the door lock button once and the remote start button twice (just as if I was using the remote start, but it is already running)
4) Turn the key to off position and pull the key out

Immediately upon pulling the key out, the truck did some sort of flash and all the gauges, screens, etc shut down but the truck continued to run identical to as if I had remoted started the truck and got in.

I got out, shut the door, locked the doors using the remote and it continued to run.

I didn't have time to wait it out to make sure it shut down (I did change the time to 5 min from the 10 I had it set to). I pushed the remote start button (the 2X button) once and it shut the truck down.

My next test will be to insure it actually shuts down after 5 min. I'm not real worried about it, but will feel better after I see it once.

Again, SUPER COOL....almost 1 year after my truck was delivered from the factory I learned something new and extremely useful.

My truck is up to date on all flashes; including the new trans flash. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Truck specs / build date are in my sig below.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:29 AM
KenLaffin
Senior User
I have a swb build date 12/10 I just tried every way as posted and mine will NOT work.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by KenLaffin
I have a swb build date 12/10 I just tried every way as posted and mine will NOT work.
This looks and smells like an early Job 1 deal.

It would be interesting to see if any of the later Job 1 trucks do it (say from September through early November).

Old 07-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Davgt500
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have tried this on my truck with no luck. I unlocked the truck with the key unlock button, got in, put the key in and started it. I let it run for about 15-20 seconds, opened the door, pressed the lock button then the remote start button firmly twice, turned the truck off, the truck immediately shut off and honked & flashed once.

I then tried started it again, left the door closed this time, pressed the lock button then the remote start button firmly twice, turned the truck off, the truck immediately shut off and honked & flashed once.

I have a job 1 truck and no flashes that I know of except the 400/800.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:29 PM
my996duc1
Elder User
Originally Posted by Davgt500
I have tried this on my truck with no luck. I unlocked the truck with the key unlock button, got in, put the key in and started it. I let it run for about 15-20 seconds, opened the door, pressed the lock button then the remote start button firmly twice, turned the truck off, the truck immediately shut off and honked & flashed once.

I then tried started it again, left the door closed this time, pressed the lock button then the remote start button firmly twice, turned the truck off, the truck immediately shut off and honked & flashed once.

I have a job 1 truck and no flashes that I know of except the 400/800.
Try starting your truck and then putting it into gear for a second or two and then back to park. See if this then lets you do it.
I have not prefected it OR figured out why and when I can do it yet. I have always moved the truck when trying to do it (either driving it or turning it around in the driveway), so not sure if moving it has any effect but maybe try that.
The only flash I have is the 400/800.
***EDIT*** - just found my build date = 4/9/10

Old 07-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Davgt500
Senior User
Originally Posted by my996duc1
Try starting your truck and then putting it into gear for a second or two and then back to park. See if this then lets you do it.
I have not prefected it OR figured out why and when I can do it yet. I have always moved the truck when trying to do it (either driving it or turning it around in the driveway), so not sure if moving it has any effect but maybe try that.
I tried putting it in drive - moving it a few feet but still no luck. I'll try again later when I run around town.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:06 PM
trfield58
Junior User
My build date is around 5/2010 and I will test when I get home this afternoon. My truck also has only the 400/800 Flash but I did install the extended range remote starter kit (truck had factory remote start)..I'll post my results

Tim

Old 07-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru

This makes you one of the first trucks built. Have you had any flashes done since you owned it?

Old 07-21-2011, 01:10 PM
my996duc1
Elder User
Originally Posted by Marauder92V
This makes you one of the first trucks built. Have you had any flashes done since you owned it?
yes, 400/800 flash right after it came out.

charging the camera battery for a video right now.... it won't be of an Epic caliber but atleast it will show what is happening.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru

yes, 400/800 flash right after it came out.

charging the camera battery for a video right now.... it won't be of an Epic caliber but atleast it will show what is happening.
That will be cool.

When I did my experiments, I did not drive the truck, just moved it a few feet and tried it. I'm not sure it will make a difference, but it does look like one of our fellow experimenters will conduct that permutation of the original test design.

I would go out and try it myself, but my office thermometer just hit 101 and I ain't going nowhere!

Old 07-21-2011, 01:33 PM
my996duc1
Elder User
That will be cool.

When I did my experiments, I did not drive the truck, just moved it a few feet and tried it. I'm not sure it will make a difference, but it does look like one of our fellow experimenters will conduct that permutation of the original test design.

I would go out and try it myself, but my office thermometer just hit 101 and I ain't going nowhere!
I just tried it again a few different ways and always shut down in between tests.
1) Started truck shifted from Park to Drive to Park = worked
2) Started truck left in Park = did NOT work
3) Started truck shifted from Park to Drive to Park (kept foot on brake) = did NOT work.
4) Started truck shifted from Park to Drive to Park. Engaged parking brake and hit upfitter switch for high idle = worked - but did not maintain the high idle. as soon as I put the key back in and turned it forward the high idle came back on. I wonder if my high idle power switch was powered by something that had power in the remote start function if it would maintain a high idle.... humm...

Old 07-21-2011, 01:42 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Same here, 91 degrees w/ 65% humidity. No thanks!

Will continue testing later in the evening, thanks again my996duc1 for taking the time to test this for us, reps sent!

Old 07-21-2011, 01:47 PM
my996duc1
Elder User
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet
Same here, 91 degrees w/ 65% humidity. No thanks!

Will continue testing later in the evening, thanks again my996duc1 for taking the time to test this for us, reps sent!
no problem... the truck temp shows 105 here but it is always off when just sitting there in the driveway, still warm though.

most of the time I am asking all the lame questions so it is great to be able to give back.

video is up loading (slowly) to photobucket.... hopefully I can share it from there..... standby to standby.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:17 PM
my996duc1
Elder User
I am sorry for the sub-par video, the camera battery only had a little charge so it was a one shot wonder with no editing.... here it is.

For reference my truck is 2011 F250 FX4 SRW CC Lariat build date 4/9/10 with a purchase date of 6/5/10 and the only update/flash is the 400/800. I do my own service so it couldn't have any other tune/update by the dealer.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:39 PM
KenLaffin
Senior User
I just tried it again a few different ways and always shut down in between tests.
1) Started truck shifted from Park to Drive to Park = worked
2) Started truck left in Park = did NOT work
3) Started truck shifted from Park to Drive to Park (kept foot on brake) = did NOT work.
4) Started truck shifted from Park to Drive to Park. Engaged parking brake and hit upfitter switch for high idle = worked - but did not maintain the high idle. as soon as I put the key back in and turned it forward the high idle came back on. I wonder if my high idle power switch was powered by something that had power in the remote start function if it would maintain a high idle.... humm...
How do I use my upfitter switches for a fast idle??

Quick Reply: Remote start