Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!





 
Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #31  
Old 09-22-2013, 10:09 PM
NiftytheF150's Avatar
NiftytheF150 NiftytheF150 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17
NiftytheF150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi, I just wanted to ask if you could help explain the installation proceed in detail for me? I just got the console and have absolutely NO idea how to install it? I'm mainly stuck on:

Mounting Bracket- How to shape it, and what screws to use? Also where did you know to mount it?

Wiring- what type of wire and how much was used? And where to wire everything? Also where is a temp sensor? Do I buy one?

Thanks if you can answer this, it would mean a lot. Also how do you like the console so far?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Evan_P's Avatar
Evan_P Evan_P is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 2,532
Evan_P is a splendid one to beholdEvan_P is a splendid one to beholdEvan_P is a splendid one to beholdEvan_P is a splendid one to beholdEvan_P is a splendid one to beholdEvan_P is a splendid one to beholdEvan_P is a splendid one to behold
F150 Flareside
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiftytheF150 View Post
Hi, I just wanted to ask if you could help explain the installation proceed in detail for me? I just got the console and have absolutely NO idea how to install it? I'm mainly stuck on:

Mounting Bracket- How to shape it, and what screws to use? Also where did you know to mount it?

Wiring- what type of wire and how much was used? And where to wire everything? Also where is a temp sensor? Do I buy one?

Thanks if you can answer this, it would mean a lot. Also how do you like the console so far?
Be glad to help if I can. For the wiring, you will ideally need the wiring pigtail from and Explorer to wire into. You will also need the sensor as well. It can be had new from Ford, or off of a junkyard Explorer as well. The Ford part number is F87Z-12A647-AA.

As for wiring, I will have to look up the diagram again. I'm on my phone and don't have the links.

And mounting:

Here is the front. Not drilled into the roof at all. I cut the center section out of the bracket. Front clips in like normal, rear screws in like normal and it rest on the headliner.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
1992 F150 Flareside XLT, 351W, E4OD, 3.55 gears, Full custom Exhaust, 31x10.5R15 Duratracs
1964 Corvair Spyder Turbo, 2.7L Turbo Flat Six
My Supermotor's Page
EV1 Injector Revamp and Install
HID's The RIGHT Way
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-23-2013, 12:01 AM
NiftytheF150's Avatar
NiftytheF150 NiftytheF150 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17
NiftytheF150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_P View Post
Be glad to help if I can. For the wiring, you will ideally need the wiring pigtail from and Explorer to wire into. You will also need the sensor as well. It can be had new from Ford, or off of a junkyard Explorer as well. The Ford part number is F87Z-12A647-AA.

As for wiring, I will have to look up the diagram again. I'm on my phone and don't have the links.

And mounting:

Here is the front. Not drilled into the roof at all. I cut the center section out of the bracket. Front clips in like normal, rear screws in like normal and it rest on the headliner.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Whoa, thanks man haha! Just a quick question? What are the exact screws for this bracket? Mine didn't come with the screws.

And also I just looked up the temp sensor on Ebay for $29 (Yikes!) Is it possibly a lot cheaper at a junk yard? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-23-2013, 12:11 AM
NiftytheF150's Avatar
NiftytheF150 NiftytheF150 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17
NiftytheF150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just found it on Ebay for a much chaper price cause it's used! Tell me what you think haha
F87F 12A647 AA Ford Air Charge Temperature Sensor Good Shape | eBay
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-23-2013, 01:23 AM
Evan_P's Avatar
Evan_P Evan_P is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 2,532
Evan_P is a splendid one to beholdEvan_P is a splendid one to beholdEvan_P is a splendid one to beholdEvan_P is a splendid one to beholdEvan_P is a splendid one to beholdEvan_P is a splendid one to beholdEvan_P is a splendid one to behold
F150 Flareside
That's the right sensor. As long as it works, go for it. As for the screws, they are the ones that are from the Explorer. I have no idea what thread they are...
__________________
1992 F150 Flareside XLT, 351W, E4OD, 3.55 gears, Full custom Exhaust, 31x10.5R15 Duratracs
1964 Corvair Spyder Turbo, 2.7L Turbo Flat Six
My Supermotor's Page
EV1 Injector Revamp and Install
HID's The RIGHT Way
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-23-2013, 05:46 AM
NiftytheF150's Avatar
NiftytheF150 NiftytheF150 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17
NiftytheF150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_P View Post
That's the right sensor. As long as it works, go for it. As for the screws, they are the ones that are from the Explorer. I have no idea what thread they are...
Alrights cool! If anyone can remember the screws then I'll just stop by Lowes and pick up some generic ones? (If that'll work)

And here's the dome light console I bought!
I looked for one that came with the copper screws:
97 98 99 00 01 02 03 Ford F150 Mustang Taurus Winstar Dome Light Grey | eBay
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:46 AM
 
 
 
Reply

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
1996, 1999, console, exlporer, explorer, f150, f250, filter, ford, low, overhead, reads, temp, upper, wiring

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wrecked 4X4 F150 Build Thread Staveys150 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 74 03-23-2014 07:03 PM
BUILD THREAD - '95 F-350 460 4x4 mdula 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 334 03-18-2014 12:39 PM
Issues after installing SKY rear shackle flip kit on F-350 mdula 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 22 04-02-2013 04:37 AM
Just picked up race red 2011 screw ecoboost FX2 mdula 2009+ F150 11 12-08-2012 02:07 PM
1995 F-350 Lifted 460. Single Cab Long Bed mdula Vehicles for Sale 4 11-06-2012 03:36 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup