Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2010+ Ford SVT F150 Raptor
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Posting Guru

scottman70 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.scottman70 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
G.M. version of the Raptor

Looks like GM is giving it a go against the Raptor.......

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/03/s...r-wrangler-ye/

SOLD: 2004 Eddie Bauer 4x4 Excursion 6.0 Power Stroke
ARP Head Studs, Bulletproof EGR Cooler, Bulletproof/Liberator Oil Cooler, Rancho 9000XL's, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags,
Walker BTM Muffler, Fabtech dual steering stabilizers, Powerslot cryo treated Rotors.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Senior User

Strokin-A-2010 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks pretty cool.

Spartan tuner all tunes up to 350 hp, 5 inch DPF delete, 4 inch down pipe, AFE stage 2 intake, Cold side piping, leveling kit, Rudy's EGR delete, Air Dog II
Old 07-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Posting Guru

Jason Lewis has a good reputation on FTE.Jason Lewis has a good reputation on FTE.
10stringmaster
Front end looks like ASS , maby there frame wont bend
Cherry Bomb Extreme
Gen 1 leafs/coils
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp4c_...eature=related
Old 07-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Senior User

If chevy does come out with that, ford needs to throw a s/c on the 6.2L but first fix the bent frame problem.

Spartan tuner all tunes up to 350 hp, 5 inch DPF delete, 4 inch down pipe, AFE stage 2 intake, Cold side piping, leveling kit, Rudy's EGR delete, Air Dog II
Old 07-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Junior User

tozir is starting off with a positive reputation.
tozir tozir
I'll just leave this here
‪GMC All-Terrain HD Concept - 2011 Chicago Auto Show‬‏ - YouTube
Old 07-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Senior User

Wow with the diesel and the denali package that will be a 70k dollar truck. I don't think so. Especially with a IFS. Solid front end>IFS

Old 07-19-2011, 04:06 AM
9 ECHO 1

A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokin-A-2010 View Post
Wow with the diesel and the denali package that will be a 70k dollar truck. I don't think so. Especially with a IFS. Solid front end>IFS
They each have their pluses and minuses. IFS is much more comfortable and can traverse terrain better. But you get a stronger truck out of the solid front.

The raptor is IFS.
- Trey PAA Member #110
2002 F250 XLT CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 7.3L
My How-To Video Library
SoCal Chapter Member (Join us HERE)
Old 07-19-2011, 11:27 AM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
Our tax dollars at work!!!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Postmaster

Pkupman82 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Pkupman82 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGKEN View Post
Our tax dollars at work!!!
Yeah nice isn't it!? Heaven forbid Ford ever outdoing the almighty GM! How much more in taxes am I going to have to pay so they can build this vehicle? JMO GM quit building real trucks in 87...
John
1984 Ford F150 4wd/ 300/ NP435/ 208
1996 Ford F150 XLT 4wd/ 300/ ZF5/ BW1356
Old 07-19-2011, 11:16 PM
9 ECHO 1

A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
GM isnt Government Motors anymore.
- Trey PAA Member #110
My How-To Video Library
Old 07-20-2011, 02:12 AM
Postmaster

keyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to all
keyul87
This guy said that no one else has heavy duty capability and off-road capability, has he heard of the power wagon? Please also explain to me how IFS is good for slowy, heavy duty offroad rock crawling application! And 20" wheels scream off-road haha So they went to fox like ford, got the sidebox-bed storage like dodge, did you see how tall those wheel well/bed storage boxes are in the bed? This whole truck looks like a few refrigerator boxes, I could go on and on here but its making my head hurt.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:57 AM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreySpooner65 View Post
GM isnt Government Motors anymore.

If I'm not mistaken...the US still owns approximately 30%+/- of GM.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:34 PM
9 ECHO 1

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken...the US still owns approximately 30%+/- of GM.
Correct. 33%. But unless you own 51% or more you are not the owner.
- Trey PAA Member #110
My How-To Video Library
Old 07-21-2011, 03:01 PM
So Little To Say!!!

The point remains the same...1/3 of the money GM has to invest in projects like this comes from the US taxpayer...me...and...I presume you. This is a project that...if it ever comes to fruition...is unlikely to earn dollar one for the owners of the company...like you and me.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Posting Guru

scottman70 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.scottman70 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
The point remains the same...1/3 of the money GM has to invest in projects like this comes from the US taxpayer...me...and...I presume you. This is a project that...if it ever comes to fruition...is unlikely to earn dollar one for the owners of the company...like you and me.
Actually, I don't think the Government money goes to current R&D it was used to make up for the huge hole G.M. was in due to poor management and sales from 2007 and 2008 etc... Granted those monies may have allowed future expenses to be paid for, because previous expenses were taken care of by the Government. Either way G.M. screwed up taking that money! They should have paired down to Chevy & Cadillac & GMC Trucks and improved those products substantially with lower overhead/expenses and that could have really improved their bottom line. Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Saturn, Pontiac, Hummer, Oldsmobile, Saab, jeez no wonder they are where they are today! They never should have been trying to keep all those divisions going at one time. They all were the same cars anyways! They have shrunk a little bit, but I think they ought to shrink further!

SOLD: 2004 Eddie Bauer 4x4 Excursion 6.0 Power Stroke
ARP Head Studs, Bulletproof EGR Cooler, Bulletproof/Liberator Oil Cooler, Rancho 9000XL's, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags,
Walker BTM Muffler, Fabtech dual steering stabilizers, Powerslot cryo treated Rotors.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:00 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2010+ Ford SVT F150 Raptor

Tags
chp, clone, edition, f150, ford, forum, fte, gm, kit, make, purchases, raptor, truck, trucks, version