1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Who's missing?

Old 07-18-2011, 09:50 AM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by arrowheadfred
Seems like i remember a guy from pensicola fl. that had a panel. 52 PANEL maybe ?
Black in color, I believe.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:08 AM
himmelberg
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Guys!

Just got a real nice note from John and am here to tell you all is well. I got the medicare card for my birthday this year, but am still years away from retirement.
I visited some time ago and thought I'd back down a bit because my post count was way up there in the crazy numbers, reminding me that I sometimes get a "talks too much" from others.

The group here on the 48-60 is by far the best on the internet. I truly feel like I have made some good friends here. I will try to be a better friend.

My truck is still in limbo in spite of a surge of activity last summer and spring break. It has new bedwood and 80% of a new paint job. I am trying to cobble a reverse tilt hood and sort out the switches and relays of the long standing electrical job. I get those two things out of the way and I'm practically driving it again.

Looks like the truck things will wait for cooler weather, however. Added a little addition to my shop. Needed the extra 5' to be able to run 8' lenghts through my table saw. Spent time with my grandson this summer and still tend to the things my wife is unable to do, so the days are full.

It is nice to be remembered and Bob's thread is just an example of what I mentioned above. You guys are the best.

himmelberg

Old 07-18-2011, 10:18 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
himmelberg,

Thanks for dropping by. This is what I'm talking about, the "old" guys stopping in and saying "Hi" and letting us know how you're doing.

BTW, I don't think you could ever talk too much, especially when it comes to trucks. If you "talk" too much on FTE your fingers will let you know.

Bob

Old 07-18-2011, 12:07 PM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by hxgaser
I saw that post. Although I have not read the whole thread... What ever happened to Julie though?
It's a long, sordid tale that most here prefer not to relive. The highlights -

Boy joins board.
Boy is a jerk.
Boy is banned.
Boy puts on a skirt and lies his way back onto the board.
Boy is still a jerk.
Board posse lifts boys skirt publicly.
Teeth are gnashed and clothes are torn.
Boy is banned again.

Probably best not to dig in much deeper than that.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:56 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Come on, move back to topic, there's nothing to see here.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Nuthin
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, that's really all I needed to know. I've seen some passionate discussions here but never known this group to be unfair or impossible to work with.

Keep on truckin'

Old 07-18-2011, 03:36 PM
54at50
New User
Not sure exactly when I found this place, got the '54 in Feb 2000 & know it was shortly after that. I do know there is a wealth of knowledge & information here you just don't find any other place.
I don't post much 'cause I don't have the knowledge most of you have. Most of the time I can find an answer to any question I have just reading the posts from you guys. Seems like people come & go but the core remains the same, may not be as active from time to time but still around. Really nice group from the old to the new.

54at50

Old 07-18-2011, 03:52 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Maybe my being around here all these years is just a sign that my life doesn't move along and I have nothing better to do. Truthfully, the major reason I've been around here all this time is because my F-2 was the main reason I looked for and found this place. I have emotional ties to my F-2, it was my dad's truck when I was a kid and I will never get rid of it no matter what because it's part of me and part of my dad. I know a few people who cycle through vehicles, never keeping a vehicle more than maybe 2-3 years and really never forming a solid attachment with them. Nothing wrong with that, it adds excitement and adventure to their lives. I understand if a person no longer has their truck they may no longer have an interest in this site. Also, there are many younger guys who join who are single and have nothing else to focus on except their trucks. Then they get married, buy a house and have kids. They just don't have the time or resources to invest into the hobby.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:56 PM
hxgaser
Senior User
Originally Posted by BlueOvalRage
It's a long, sordid tale that most here prefer not to relive. The highlights -

Boy joins board.
Boy is a jerk.
Boy is banned.
Boy puts on a skirt and lies his way back onto the board.
Boy is still a jerk.
Board posse lifts boys skirt publicly.
Teeth are gnashed and clothes are torn.
Boy is banned again.

Probably best not to dig in much deeper than that.
Got it. Thx.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:06 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
How's it going guys? I am well. I exchange very occasional emails or calls with John N, Joe rage, and George. I have Himmelberg and PennDick on my facebook.

Don't remember their FTE handles but have you heard from Greg and Audrey from South Carolina? Purple53 or something like that. How about John Canada? I was thinking about them the other day.

As for me, still playing with Howitzers everyday. My 53 F100 is doing well and I drive it regularly. Also have a 94 Stang I drag and spend stupid money on. Have a Lifted 2001 Cherokee when I get the urge to redneck.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Okiedokie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good to see your post 'fenders. You were a major motivator in the build of my 53. Glad you're doing well. Joe

Old 07-18-2011, 05:27 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,778 Likes on 1,819 Posts
himmelberg,

So good to hear from you! You, my friend, never have to worry about talking too much. Your post are always very eloquent and are a pleasure to read.

Glad to hear that life is treating you well

Bobby

Old 07-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bobbytnm
himmelberg,

So good to hear from you! You, my friend, never have to worry about talking too much. Your post are always very eloquent and are a pleasure to read.

Glad to hear that life is treating you well

Bobby
Agreed, I always liked reading himmelberg's post. He always put me in the mindset of "Wilson" off from Home Improvement He was the wise neighbor to help us out when we got into trouble with our trucks/wives/jobs/kids/etc.... Please drop in from time to time and talk to us man. We need you. There's more than just trucks goin on here

Old 07-18-2011, 06:10 PM
rhopper
Fleet Mechanic

Havi, I'm still here and post on a pretty regular basis, even became a supporter this year. However, many of the posts that I would answer already have been answered by the time I get to them. Nice to know you miss me......
Nuthin, (Karen) where the heck have you been? I looked at the Abbey show for F100's with your name on them hoping we could meet. We Coloradans need to stick together, we're a rare breed.
Himmelberg, glad to hear from you, I always look forward to your posts in the form of prose, and the way you sign off.

Love this thread guys, kind of like a reunion.
Rusty

Old 07-18-2011, 06:48 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 331 Likes on 255 Posts
It's nice to see posts by some of you old duffers... glad to know you're still kicking it up!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who's missing?