Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2011, 08:30 PM
New User

MontanaBighorn is starting off with a positive reputation.
bummed about V10 tuners

Click the image to open in full size.

i really really like the edge CTS tuner. i run one in SMOKE-DOG, and i also run a modified CTS in MY 4x4 VAN (modified because edge doesnt make a tuner for the 5.4 in the E250. power hungry performance made a flash update to make it work with my van).

since ive now ruled out selling the V10 X (to get one with a diesel) i want to give it more power. edge doesnt make a CTS for the V10 (although i may be able to get power hungry performance to build a flash update for it) so i looked around for something similar. i found another touch screen model (i think from SCT) but they want $1000 for it. i bought a bullydog tuner that was supposed to work with the V10 X, but it didnt (bullydog refunded me).

i dont want to just do a flash upgrade. i want a tuner that is also a monitor like the CTS. being touch screen and being able to use custom backgrounds like with the CTS is nice too, but not required.

is there anything available for the V10 that makes a real difference as well as offers monitoring features similar to the CTS?
thanks,
Old 07-15-2011, 08:38 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
From another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrad View Post
Today I did my first tow with the 5 star 87 tune. We recently upgraded from a 25', 5,800lb loaded trailer to a 34' roughly 9,500 lb loaded TT. The X never felt the previous TT. I could tell instantly that the new trailer took more foot to get it moving. I called Mike at 5-star about two weeks ago and ordered the SCT tuner. I installed the 87 tow tune today and we left for a short 60 mile tow. I could instantly tell I had more acceleration with less throttle.

Before the tune, it seemed as though I had to work a bit in terms of foot in the throttle to get 60 mph. After installing the tune, I had to consciously work on keeping it under 65 mph.

I will fuel up tomorrow and post the the mpg's. My first two with the new trailer gave me 6.7 mpg. With my previous TT I would average 8.2- 8.6 mpg
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...l#post10580554

I've heard nothing but good things about 5 Star from the V10 guys. Give 'em a call and see what he say's.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:41 PM
Post Fiend

AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
i absolutely LOVE my SCT3 tuner tuned by mike at 5 star. amazing guy and perfect tunes...exactly what i asked for a 8000lbs race car! lol
98 Expedition XLT 5.4 4x4,HIDs,16x8 ultra wheels,led taillights, Daily Driver
91 F-250 lairat 4x4 5.0, 7'6" BOSS snow plow, Back Rack, Strobes, Work lights
Old 07-16-2011, 05:39 PM
New User

MontanaBighorn is starting off with a positive reputation.
thanks for the responses, however either i am misunderstanding or i failed to make it clear that i want a tuner that is also a monitor that i can mount on my dash like the CTS. touchscreen and custom backgrounds are also desireable, if available.
thanks again,
Old 07-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Senior User

ocboat is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Possibly the SCT Livewire. I'm not sure if Mike at 5 Star can program these for the V10 or not. I'm not sure how well these work or the price but I know that some of the Diesel guys use them.

Sold: 2004 EB Excursion 6.0
ARP Studs, 2" Leveling Springs, RAS, 17" Ultra Marauders with 295/70/17 Toyo MT's
Old 07-16-2011, 06:24 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaBighorn View Post
thanks for the responses, however either i am misunderstanding or i failed to make it clear that i want a tuner that is also a monitor that i can mount on my dash like the CTS. touchscreen and custom backgrounds are also desireable, if available.
thanks again,
No, you were absolutely very clear, but it's possible you misunderstood my post.

I was suggesting you call a highly respected V10 tuner, so you can ask HIM if there's something out there like you describe.

I mean, if anyone would know, he would, right?

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:30 AM

Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
I mean, if anyone would know, he would, right?
Yes, he would...
Excursion & 6.7 Forum Mod Death Row Inmate #21
Big Black Beast: 2005 Ford Excursion Limited, 4wd "The 6.0" Bulletproofed by Powerstroke Enginuities Studded, Deleted, Flo-Pro'd, PHP FICM Tuner, RiffRaff'd, and Gearheaded
Big Red Beast: 2001 Ford Excursion Limited, 2wd, "The 7.3" Built with blood, sweat, and tears by Me and Riffraff Diesel, heavily modded, also Gearheaded
FTE Guidelines
Old 07-17-2011, 10:30 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
2000, 2002, 2010, bully, dog, duty, engine, excursion, f250, ford, gas, performance, super, tuner, tuners, v10