Notices

New Raptor Owner!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 12:47 PM
aklightning
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Raptor Owner!!

Well yesterday I drove home in a Ingot Silver Super Crew Raptor. Oh man I haven't been this excited since me and my brother got a lightning. This thing is just amazing. I've never drove a 6.2 yet so I wasn't sure how the power band was going to be and I was expecting it to ride like a Ford tuck. Boy oh boy it sure isn't a super duty! Rides like a dream. The power band is so nice too. The 6 speed seems like it takes a bit to downshift when you get on it but that could just be me cause I've never drove with a 6 spd auto before.
As for the cab me and my dad wanted a ext cab. We aren't really crew kind of people but when we went to see our sales man at Cals and he said all they had was 1 raptor but it was a crew. So me and the ol man waited the weekend to think on it. Fist it was the color we wanted so that was leaning on us, then I told my dad that when my brother comes to visit he's going to be bringing two babies that need to be in car seats and then the wife too and we don't have anything but standard cab trucks. So at that point it was sold for us all we had to do was wait out the weekend and hope nobody bought it!
I'm not much for the price tag on these but I'm going to say if you guys are thinking about getting one, DO IT! These are really really great trucks and the crew cab has so much room you could live in it.
Now for my questions to you owners
What are some seat cover options for these? I'd like some form fit nice ones not the generic ones.
The led light bars I see on the front of some, is there a mount kit for the raptor or are they just the ones that come with the lights?

Thanks guys for reading my scribble. God bless.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Killer RC
Senior User
Got Pics?

Old 05-12-2011, 12:08 AM
aklightning
New User
Old 05-12-2011, 12:09 AM
aklightning
New User
Wow, sorry those last two didn't size very well.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:49 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
i just saw that thing the other day when i passed by cal. awesome truck! looks great i'd love to have one but i've got enough damn trucks lol

Old 05-15-2011, 07:58 PM
KNIGHTRIDER V10
Senior User
You have A great looking mean beasty Raptor and man the Detail to it fits the color Ext. Awesome truly awesome man Enjoy and I'm a big fan of Black leather int.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:34 PM
aklightning
New User
Thank guys! I just got done waxing it today. Man there's alot of body on that thing! Way more then my ext cab sd. Hopefully now the bugs won't stick as bad.
It sure is a kick in the pants to drive. I find myself not dodging the bumps anymore, instead I speed up

Old 05-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Ziegelsteinfaust
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
People who know know me will verify this fact.

The 7-11 parking lot is about as far off-road as I go.

But I would love to get a Raptor if I had that kind of disposable cash.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:11 AM
Tom C 56
Freshman User
Good lookin' truck. I got a Supercrew two months ago and just recently returned from a road trip to the F100 Supernationals in Tennesee. The 2300 mile trip felt like we were in a luxury car! The truck has a few issues, but Ford is aware of them and hopefully will have a cure for them. I installed the 40" led light bar from Rigid Industries. It comes with all the mounting hardware and an instruction booklet for the Raptor. I like the added security of mounting it behind the grill and when I put the black covers on, you can't see them at all. Good luck with your new truck. Wanna buy another lightning? Still have my 02 with 53k on it.
Tom

Attached Images   
Old 05-17-2011, 12:04 PM
aklightning
New User
Tom, that's exactly what I wanted to do with the light bar. Can you show some more pics of the mounting of it? How is the beam behind the grille? I put piaa lights behind the grille of my sd with a billet grille and they shined great but I wasn't sure how the led would shine through the raptor grille. Do you have the upfitter switches to run it? Man I love that blue color, kinda jealous...
I drove up to sheep mountain the other night and was thinking the whole way how it'd be great to do a road trip in this thing. It rides soo nice.
What color is your L?

Old 05-17-2011, 12:06 PM
aklightning
New User
Oh and what issues are you having with the truck?

Old 05-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Tom C 56
Freshman User
When you open your hood, you'll see 2 small rubber bumpers on each corner of the lower grill. Take one out from each side and install the L bracket in the holes. No need for drilling. They suggest using the #3 switch that has a 15 amp fuse. The light is grounded on the inner fender and the red wire connects to the blue wire under the hood. At the passenger kick panel, connect the blue wire to the smaller gauge purple/green wire.
Before I bought the truck, I checked out on various forums, owners comments on Raptors. The biggest complaint is the driveline "clunk" that most SuperCrews have. I told my dealer and when he contacted Ford on April 11, they sent a copy of SSM 21779 saying "Some 2011 Raptor vehicles may exhibit excessive clunk or a chirp/slip/bump condition from the driveshaft on accelleration from a stop or when bringing the vehicle to a stop. Greasing the slipyoke or driveshaft replacement will result in repeat repair attempts. Engineering is investigating and is developing a service repair procedure. Effective date: 3/09/2011"
My truck is Blue Flame Metallic. Enjoy your truck. Hopefully yours wont "clunk".

Attached Images  
Old 05-18-2011, 08:27 AM
Robuilt
Junior User
nice truck!

Old 05-18-2011, 09:41 PM
fordboy67
Cargo Master
Man I gotta quit checking out this Raptor section, always makes me want one even more!

Old 05-19-2011, 09:22 AM
KaiserM715
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tom C 56
Before I bought the truck, I checked out on various forums, owners comments on Raptors. The biggest complaint is the driveline "clunk" that most SuperCrews have. I told my dealer and when he contacted Ford on April 11, they sent a copy of SSM 21779 saying "Some 2011 Raptor vehicles may exhibit excessive clunk or a chirp/slip/bump condition from the driveshaft on accelleration from a stop or when bringing the vehicle to a stop. Greasing the slipyoke or driveshaft replacement will result in repeat repair attempts. Engineering is investigating and is developing a service repair procedure. Effective date: 3/09/2011"
They have the fix out now. It is a new driveshaft with a nickel plated yoke.

Quick Reply: New Raptor Owner!!