Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L) 3.5L Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6 and 2.0L I4 EcoBoost Engines

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2011, 11:53 AM
New User

kyle6262 is starting off with a positive reputation.
F150 Ecoboost problem

Just joined the forum and this is my first posting, I must tell you I love Fords and have had several through the years mainly F250ís and F350ís with an F150 thrown in now and then.fficeffice" />>>
I just bought a new 2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost because I drove it and was sold on the power of the new V6 along with the great mileage.>>
Had the truck 2 days and was driving to a softball game doing about 70 when cars started honking at me on the freeway, when I looked in my rear view mirror I saw white smoke coming out from my new truck.>>
I quickly got off the road and looked under it and found a small leak coming from where I couldnít see so I got back in the truck all the gauges were good, no CK engine light, so I was going to limp back to the dealer a few miles away.>>
When I tried to put it in gear there was nothing for forward or reverse so it got towed back. Now the dealer said it was just a tranny pump no big deal or no damage, problem is, how do I know, it was only 2 days old less than 200 miles and now I donít want it back and Iím thinking of going back to a 2011 F250 because I have never had any problems with them, HELP, any ideas???>>
>>
Old 07-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Whachuwant?

MCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputation
Want my opinion?
Mechanical items will fail. Such is life. Be thankful you have a warranty and that the only thing you lost was a little of your time.
You're going to take a pretty serious $$$ hit if you trade in this truck for a F250, but hey it's your money, blow it how you want to.

I'd have them replace the part, button it back up, and drive off with a smile on my face.

Welcome to FTE.
Official Slackmaster #24
Old 07-13-2011, 01:08 PM
New User

They have agreed to take it back and let me pick a different truck, just wanted to get some feedback if I should change or not since it wouldn't cost me anything.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Whachuwant?

MCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputation
Wow, pretty good of the dealership on that one. Most won't do that, especially since the vehicle has been titled to you and they must sell it as pre-owned now.

It's your call really. If you want a F250, go for it, but that 6.2L V8 is getting at best 14mpg from what I've seen.
Official Slackmaster #24
Old 07-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Junior User

stangman05gt is starting off with a positive reputation.
IF they agreed to take it back get a different truck but the same style. I say fluke thing and it sucks, but its your call.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:19 PM
New User

Yes the dealer has really steped up to the plate and went way above and beyond, didn't sound like they titled it yet since I bought it Saturday and had it back to them Monday, but anyways if I went with the F250 was going diesel, heard they were getting pretty good mpg with there new engine as well.
Thanks for your help and info....
Old 07-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Whachuwant?

Yeah the 6.7L PSD is getting 17-19mpg empty it appears. It's like a $6,000 premium over the 6.2L
Official Slackmaster #24
Old 07-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Posting Guru

NASSTY has a great reputation on FTE.NASSTY has a great reputation on FTE.NASSTY has a great reputation on FTE.NASSTY has a great reputation on FTE.
This leaky pump issue isn't just on the Ecoboosts.I've read on another forum of a few 5.0's that have had leaky pumps too.

92 Bronco
Old 07-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Elder User

excaliber551 is starting off with a positive reputation.
That's awesome the dealership stepped up to the plate like that and offered a new vehicle. Now it's your choice. So far to date the F150 and EB have been pretty dependable except for a few tranny issues which you were unfortunate to get one. There's some other issues with loss of power/mileage too on the EB.

Now the Superduty's have been plagued with issues. If you go that route chances are you're going to get one with tranny issues for sure that Ford has no fix for yet.
Take a look at the 6.7 forum here and the choice is pretty simple for now. Stay with the EB.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:06 PM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Definitely very big of the dealer to step up and do what ever it takes to make you happy. Bravo Zulu! Follow your gut bro and do what feels right.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 07-13-2011, 07:07 PM
New User

jlwpac is starting off with a positive reputation.
Same issue w/ my 2011 King Ranch Eccoboost

I too have the same issue w/ my 2011 Eccoboost w/ 2,900 miles on it. It has been in the shop for 3 weeks!!! Ford says NATIONWIDE back order on tranny pump bell housing. There are now two TSB's out for this problem stating this problem happens all at low mileage...some even before they get off the lot. Appears to be a issue w/ pumps made and sold to Ford during a 6 week period from late April to June. Also affects Lincoln Navigator and Mustang GT from what I've been told. Ford not offering any help to me. Truck has been out of commission for 3 weeks with no word on when will be done due to back order. Ford Cusotomer Service is NOT helpful. Will not buy back truck and not offering to reimburse me for rental coverage or pay for my July truck payment since it will be in shop the whole month. VERY frustrating!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Posting Guru

ddrumman2004 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ddrumman2004 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well maybe I missed the leaky pump issue then as my Ecoboost truck was built in March of this year.

So far, with just over 2000 miles showing, mine has been running flawlessly as well as getting as high as 24 mpg on the highway.
2000 Harley XL1200 Sportster
2004 Yamaha Bruin 4x4(wife's)
Old 07-18-2011, 07:53 PM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
I was initially concerned that mine has a 1/11 build date, not anymore.

Sorry for the transmission issues. I do hope that Ford get you all rolling again real soon.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 07-19-2011, 01:50 PM
New User

Rockfan is starting off with a positive reputation.
May 11

I am just over 2000 miles, built on May 11/11. Ut oh, However, no issues so far, but will definitely keep the transmission temperature on the display for the next little while.

Any link to those TSB's mentioned?
Old 07-26-2011, 08:58 PM
New User

boomerjst is starting off with a positive reputation.
Took my supercrew ecoboost in for first oil change,3000 miles, today and they discovered I also had the leak starting. Told me it would be 3 weeks before part would come in. Also told me I could keep driving it which made no sense to me. Why take the risk of blowing seals out completely.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:58 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L)

Tags
2011, 5th, boost, eco, ecobooost, ecoboost, f150, ford, issues, lost, power, problems, v6, v8, versus, wheel