Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1947 and Older Ford Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2011, 04:12 PM
New User

1BIGBURB85 is starting off with a positive reputation.
1944 1 1/2 ton ford fire truck worth anything? or scrap

i work at the amherst museum in western new york and have been asking my boss about this truck thats slowly rotting away in there feild, he told me today that if i get it out of there i can have it. i origonaly was going to scrap it but thought it would be neat if someone did somthing with it, its a 44 ford and belive its a 11/2 ton fire truck is this worth trying to sell or should i send it too the bone yard?

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:57 AM
Posting Guru

Chaosracing is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Chaosracing is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
From what I can see in the picture, it looks to be in decent shape. If it were me, I would pull it out and inspect the whole thing. But from where I see it now, I would take the time and fix it up. Not to many of them around, especially 44's due to the war effort. As far as value, its only worth what someone will pay for it. Especially if it has a title or not. But the parts alone are probably worth more than if you took it to the scrap yard. Not sure the condition of the jailbars, but those are one of the hardest things to find. In fact, if you do decide to part it out, please let me know as I have a 1 1/2 ton I am going to be redoing and need stuff like the jailbars and a few other parts.
2008 Ford Explorer XLT (Wife's Vehicle)
Powered by Ford, Fueled by Madness
Support America and capitalism....BUY A FORD!!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 03:06 AM
New User

gilasailr is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am looking for a straight front bumper - blade only - if you decide to 'liberate' the truck.

Everybody with 42-47's is looking for grille bars ! Myself included!

gilasailr@aol.com
Old 05-20-2014, 06:58 PM
New User

42VeeAte is starting off with a positive reputation.
I realize your original post is older, but I figured I'd send you a note on the off chance you are selling parts from this truck.

I'm looking for a toggle-type ignition switch, which Ford used from the middle of WWII until the end.

It is located right next to the temp gauge in this reference shot:

If you have this switch and would like to sell it, feel free to send me a PM.

Thank you.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:16 PM
Elder User

1952henry is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42VeeAte View Post
I realize your original post is older, but I figured I'd send you a note on the off chance you are selling parts from this truck.

I'm looking for a toggle-type ignition switch, which Ford used from the middle of WWII until the end.

It is located right next to the temp gauge in this reference shot:

If you have this switch and would like to sell it, feel free to send me a PM.

Thank you.
All (or nearly all after 1941) WW2 vehicles used this switch. Try Vintage Power Wagons, or G503, or similar sites. Shouldn't be too hard to find one. You can get these new, I think I got one at a large truck parts place. It was chromed, and had some numbers on it, but after a date with a wire wheel on a grinder, and some filing, it was ready for od paint.

Gorebal warming, climate change, gorebal climate disruption. Repackaged crap is, well, still crap!
Old 05-24-2014, 03:16 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1947 and Older Ford Trucks

Tags
12, 1944, 19671972, 1972, 1980, 2011, antique, anythnig, engine, fire, firetruck, ford, spec, ton, truck, trucks, worth