Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2014, 08:39 PM
New User

sanchezp_09 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee View Post
If the core is good, I wonder if a good radiator shop can build and weld on custom aluminum tanks in place of the plastic ones. Even if the price ended up being as much as a new unit from Ford, I would pay for the peace of mind knowing that the plastic was replaced by welded aluminum.
I have the ESP its just 100$ for a new radiator (1900$ parts and labor).
EO2.. NMCB? Im with 14.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:48 PM
Posting Guru

EO2SeaBee has much to be proud ofEO2SeaBee has much to be proud ofEO2SeaBee has much to be proud ofEO2SeaBee has much to be proud ofEO2SeaBee has much to be proud ofEO2SeaBee has much to be proud ofEO2SeaBee has much to be proud ofEO2SeaBee has much to be proud ofEO2SeaBee has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchezp_09 View Post
I have the ESP its just 100$ for a new radiator (1900$ parts and labor).
EO2.. NMCB? Im with 14.
I too have ESP, but there are a lot of guys out there that have to cough up the cash to get this fixed. The apparent lack of an aftermarket solution so far has me wondering about modifying the existing one to make them better.

I was with NMCB 24. Spent 5 months in the sandbox in '90-'91.
Doug - 2014 F-350 Platinum CC/LB, 6.7 PSD, 4x4, 3.55 ELD, Kodiak Brown Metallic, Factory 5th wheel prep, Brand new ECM, Husky floor mats, Pace Edwards Jackrabbit retractable bed cover, Dieselsite fuel/water separator, Rancho 9000xl shocks, a really nice tuner and lots of delete stuff sitting in a box just waiting...
2011 Harley Davidson FLHTK Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited - Black with lots of chrome and LED's, Baker reverse, iPod adapter, integrated dash mounted GPS, Rinehart True Duals
Old 02-24-2014, 07:38 PM
New User

runtowin is starting off with a positive reputation.
Angry 2012 F-250 radiator leak

My truck is having the same issue with the radiator leaking on the driving side right off the plastic tank. I'm 3000 miles over warranty with no ESP plan (I am purchasing ESP plan in the morning). Apparently Ford needs to post a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) on these radiators. I've had TWO dealerships tell me this problem is a very common problem!! One dealership told it was going to be $1700 & the other dealership, at first, said it would be $1500 but would call Ford to see if they could get some financial help! The dealership called back and said it would be only $900, basically cutting out the labor charge!! Ford has the parts market cornered because no aftermarket parts available yet!! Well, after reading on the radiator topic on this forum page and a few others forum pages and by the word of two different dealers that's its a common problem, I believe the radiator manufacturer need to re-evaluate their product or Ford need to change to a different radiator that can hold up!! I did call Ford Customer Service and filed basically like a product grievance. The Ford Rep said he has put the case in as replace at no charge. I guess I will see how they handle this!
Old 02-24-2014, 07:47 PM
New User

sanchezp_09 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by runtowin View Post
My truck is having the same issue with the radiator leaking on the driving side right off the plastic tank. I'm 3000 miles over warranty with no ESP plan (I am purchasing ESP plan in the morning). Apparently Ford needs to post a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) on these radiators. I've had TWO dealerships tell me this problem is a very common problem!! One dealership told it was going to be $1700 & the other dealership, at first, said it would be $1500 but would call Ford to see if they could get some financial help! The dealership called back and said it would be only $900, basically cutting out the labor charge!! Ford has the parts market cornered because no aftermarket parts available yet!! Well, after reading on the radiator topic on this forum page and a few others forum pages and by the word of two different dealers that's its a common problem, I believe the radiator manufacturer need to re-evaluate their product or Ford need to change to a different radiator that can hold up!! I did call Ford Customer Service and filed basically like a product grievance. The Ford Rep said he has put the case in as replace at no charge. I guess I will see how they handle this!
sorry to hear that.. yeah they quoted me right over 1900$ parts and labor till they found out i had ESP.. but the truck has been sitting at the dealer since Thursday waiting on parts. Good luck on this . and Hope they do change this to a cost free change just like they did the plastic oil pans..
Old 02-25-2014, 08:41 AM
Official Ford Rep

FordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by runtowin View Post
...I guess I will see how they handle this!
Keep me posted, runtowin. If you'd like me to step in and help, just send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll check things out and see how I can assist.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Senior User

Smokeispower is starting off with a positive reputation.
I too thought I had the dreaded radiator leak. Coolant on the steering damper and center tie rod, passenger side. Turns out after a pressure test that it's one of the hoses at the water pump. Tech at the dealer says he sees more of them leak when cold (it's been COLD here) than when warmer. Anyway, secondary cooling system, and not enough leaked out to put the level below min, guess I was lucky to see it.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:51 AM
New User

KINGRANCHJM is starting off with a positive reputation.
2012 ford f250 radiator leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Let me know what you hear from the dealership, apd966. Give me a shout via PM and I'll do what I can to assist; please include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealership info in your message.

Crystal
fgfgasdfasdfasdf
Old 03-26-2014, 09:06 AM
New User

asdfasdfasd
Old 03-26-2014, 10:22 AM
New User

Quote:
Keep me posted, runtowin. If you'd like me to step in and help, just send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll check things out and see how I can assist.

Crystal
fadfasdfdfasdfasd
Old 03-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Official Ford Rep

FordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGRANCHJM View Post
...Please contact me ASAP
Hi Jacob,

I don't have the ability to make or receive calls; I suggest sending me a private message (PM) with your information. Additionally, I recommend editing your public post to remove your personal details. If you'd prefer to speak with someone directly, you can contact our Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673.

Crystal

Old 03-26-2014, 11:27 AM
New User

Quote:
Hi Jacob,

I don't have the ability to make or receive calls; I suggest sending me a private message (PM) with your information. Additionally, I recommend editing your public post to remove your personal details. If you'd prefer to speak with someone directly, you can contact our Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673.

Crystal
hi crystal

ive been trying to send you a pm and i cannot find where to send it at ive looked pretty much everywhere and cannot locate it...i just took my truck to the dealership and dropped it off this morning to get the radiator fixed on it and they told me they trucks like this come in every week to get it replaced
Old 03-26-2014, 11:33 AM
New User

Quote:
hi crystal

ive been trying to send you a pm and i cannot find where to send it at ive looked pretty much everywhere and cannot locate it...i just took my truck to the dealership and dropped it off this morning to get the radiator fixed on it and they told me they trucks like this come in every week to get it replaced
crystal

just found out that i cannot send you a PM because i havent been a member for more then 10 days....is there any other solution for you to helping me out?

thank you
Old 03-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Postmaster

Hdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputation
Call customer relationship center. 1-800-392-3673
Windows tinted. Spray in bedliner. Bakflip hd. cover.Edge Insite CTS.Steelcraft bullbar.red/Crome Superduty letters. Ami billet locking fuel door.B/W turnover goosneck, Companion 5th wheel.And craploads of led lighting.
2011 F350 6.7 CC SRW LB.Oxford White. Ford Buy back.
2009 F350 6.4 CC SRW LB Oxford white. Trade in.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:25 PM
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
crystal

just found out that i cannot send you a PM because i havent been a member for more then 10 days....is there any other solution for you to helping me out?

thank you
Hi KINGRANCHJM,

As Hdslider mentioned, your best bet will be to contact the Customer Relationship Center for assistance. They can offer the same help that I can. Give them a call at 1-800-392-3673.

Crystal

Old 03-26-2014, 03:19 PM
New User

runtowin is starting off with a positive reputation.
Radiator Leak

I called Ford Customer Service. They put in a service complaint and the very next morning the area service manager called me. He told me they pay for half of the replacement cost. It ended costing me $750 and the new radiator has a 2 yr warranty. I have since purchased the Extended Service Plan.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:19 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2011, 67, 67l, anti, antifreeze, coolant, diesel, engines, f250, ford, freeze, leak, leaking, leaks, truck