Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Which fuse???

Old 07-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Jardo
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which fuse???

I'm trying to figure out why my brake controller isn't working.

The wiring, as best I can tell, is all good to go. I've tried 2 different controllers and still no green lights.

Can any of you tell me which fuse I need to check in the '99 F250? The 12v outlet closest to the driver is also not working, and I'm wondering if that's the same fuse...

It was never a big deal before, but I just picked up my new(to us) travel trailer yesterday and I would like to be able to tow it with my truck, as opposed to following HK or our Dad in one of their 7.3's while they drive it home.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Old 07-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Deluxe06
4000 rounds a min
Have you got a owners manual? Try fuse #28 I belive it's in the fuse box under the hood.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:45 AM
SLUF681
Senior User
I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly. If you're not getting power to the unit at all, I'm useless to you. If your controller is not finding your trailer, make sure you have a good ground on the trailer. Mine was working VERY intermittently. I wired my 7 pin plug into the factory harness (at the rear) and wound up having to ground to the frame. The factory white wire wasn't getting a solid ground. Hope that helps.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Jardo
Freshman User
@SLUF- I am getting ZERO power to the unit at all. Thanks for the info on the ground, I'll be sure to check that too just to be safe!

Old 07-11-2011, 10:11 AM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Ground on the trailer is not the issue. His trailer works fine when hooked to my or my Dad's truck. Our controllers are all Tekonsha brand except the first one my brother tried. It is definitely a wiring issue or a bad fuse. He doesn't have an owners manual and my and my dad's trucks are '03 and an '02 so the fuses are all different.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Jardo
Freshman User
Originally Posted by HKusp
Ground on the trailer is not the issue. His trailer works fine when hooked to my or my Dad's truck. Our controllers are all Tekonsha brand except the first one my brother tried. It is definitely a wiring issue or a bad fuse. He doesn't have an owners manual and my and my dad's trucks are '03 and an '02 so the fuses are all different.

Looks like it's gonna be fuse #28 under the hood, like Deluxe said. I downloaded the manual, and 28 is specifically for the brake controller, so I'll start there when I get home. Now that I've installed it, I'm hoping the Tekonsha works for me too!

Search this Thread