Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2011, 03:41 AM
Senior User

Tsoptich is starting off with a positive reputation.
www.facebook.com/thomassoptich
Parts needed maybe trade?

I'm working on a body swap. I got a decent 74 f100 4x4 with a rotten cab (floors look like swiss cheese. And I scored a 78 2wd with a blown motor and a great body. I am looking for a wiring harness. My pops pulled the cab when I was in Iraq and cut some of the wires in the engine bay. Anyone have one they can let go of or trade? I got a good hood glass minus the windshield. Let me know I am here in Yakima. Also has anyone done a steering arm swap? All the tie rods are bad but I can't afford the replacement arms it's like 400 bones from what I can gather and I want to upgrade to a setup that I can replace just the tie rods and keep the center link and drag link. Kinda like the k5 blazers and chevy pickups have in the mid/late 80's. Let men know what you think.

Thomas
Old 07-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Post Fiend

52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all
What do I think? I think you don't want to start messing around with trying to make steering parts work that don't belong on your truck. That's a good way to end up in a ditch somewhere, all bloody and stuff. While I can appreciate being on a budget, "400 bones" is pretty cheap insurance for having a safe, and properly handling truck to drive. If you want to save a buck, check out rockauto.com. Stick with the better, name brand parts, like Moog. They are worth it. Don't go cheap here, especially on a 4x4. But their prices on suspension parts, from what I've seen, are about half of local retail.

Wayne
52 Mercury M-1
among other things.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:58 AM
Senior User

Thanks for the advice. I will look in to to rockauto.com. I was thinking about making a hi-steer setup like we do on our old jeeps. But I don't know.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:44 AM
Senior User

so I just checked out rockauto.com unfortunately they dont have the parts in need, they only have parts for a 2wd. So I will have to keep looking thanks for the advice.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:44 AM