1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

1997 2.3l No Start

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 07:38 PM
jaythejeeper
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 2.3l No Start

1997 mazda b2300 2wd (Ford Ranger) not starting. Has spark, new plugs, new wires, 1 new coil, new <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1lace w:st="on">Cam</st1lace> sensor, fuel pressure (40psi), cranks over all day long. Has power to the Injectors, to the Coils. Timing is spot on, both <st1lace w:st="on">Cam</st1lace> and oil pump line up with marks and crank is at the TC line. WTF over? please help

Old 07-07-2011, 01:15 AM
michigan66
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to FTE. This is a great site for Ranger help.

Now to some questions. Your posting came through to me with some garbled spots, so I'm not sure if I am missing some of your information. How was your truck running before you did the tune up? Why did you replace one of the coils? What sensor did you replace? Did you replace the timing belt? How many miles are on your truck? What brand of plugs and wires did you install? After you did all this work, did the engine ever start for you? If not, how did you check the timing?

This seems like a lot of questions, especially when you were hoping for answers. I am suspecting you have a problem with getting the plugs to fire and firat the right time.

Give us some more information and we should be able to give you some answers.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:06 AM
pawpaw
Received 73 Likes on 71 Posts
Another question, can you hear, or feel the injectors "click" when cranking the engine???

Old 07-07-2011, 06:21 PM
jaythejeeper
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry the info came out garbled, not sure why that happend. To answer your questions, the truck was running great before it died. I was driving it 80miles a day without issue. After i got it pushed into the garage i went after the usual suspects. Made sure i had spark, only on one coil. So tested the other coil and found it was toast. As i was pulling the wires off the plugs some of them came apart so i ended up replacing the plugs (Autolite) and wire, just a preventive maintenance. I did not replace the timing belt, it still looks fairly good for 100k. I pulled the timing cover to make sure the Cam pulley, Oil pump and crank were lining up, which they are, all of the marks are lined up. After i had Spark on both side, i made sure the fuel pressure was up to par, i could hear the pump so i tested the pressure on the fuel rail. 40 psi. Well, as you know the Cam sensor controls the injectors (which i do not hear clicking while cranking Pawpaw, i will lay a hand on them tonight and see if i can feel it) so i removed it to clean off any crap that may have built up. In doing so, it broke (was glued to the oil pump) so i replaced it with a new one. It has not started since crapping out a week ago.

I think that answers all your questions, i am headed down to the garage right now to see if i can feel the injectors firing.

thanks for you help