Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

July Chat/All Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 04:41 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
July Chat/All Topic Thread

I guess this is what happens when you go to bed early expecting the phone to ring early in the morning....it doesn't ring. Guess I'll just start the July BS thread on the Ark chapter.
Originally Posted by mudder460
Oh happy days! Tomorrow is my last day of work! Down to only a few days here!
Outstanding! I wish today was my last day of work...but since I didn't hit the Powerball, I guess I'll get up and go to work instead. Dam mortgage & truck payment.
Originally Posted by tojoski
Well guys I think my CPS bit the dust. Atleast I hope thats all it is.

I had it idling in park getting ready to move my camper to mow around it and it died as though you turned off the switch. When you crank it, it just turns over and doesn't try to fire, Tach just moves a little. What else could it likely be? fuel pump? ICP sensor? IDM?
From what little I've read on the 7.3L, I agree with your thoughts on the CPS. If the ICP on the 7.3L is anything like the one on the 6.0L...when mine went, it would still restart & drive normal for a period of time. It was a moving target on how long it would run. You could rule out the fuel pump with a fuel pressure gauge.
It hasn't had the CPS recall done, just keep blowing it off when the letters show up so I guess I'll start there.
And here I though my wife was the only one that did stuff like that.
I pulled the codes and the only one I didn't expect was p1249 - Wastagate Fail Steady State Test This didn't set the light though so I guess it's a soft code.
Don't let Jeff see this, he'll have another 16 penny nail ready to hammer in with a 20# sledge hammer.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:12 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Time to celebrate a great holiday, be safe and have fun

Old 07-01-2011, 08:14 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning All!

Happy New Month and TGIF leading into a Holiday Weekend!

Old 07-01-2011, 08:29 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning everyone. Took my truck in the wash bay last night when we got caught up on trucks with plans to wash the side of the motor off. That lead to washing the whole truck. DAMN it shines now!! Not sure if its the paint just being clean or the heavy duty soap we use but it does shine up pretty good. Just makes all the bad spots show up more.

Whats everyones plans for the weekend? My wife's family is having some kind of reunion north of Clarksville on 21 Sunday.

Good news is I got the 90* oil filter adapter cleaned up, new seals & block seals. Well the block seals are in the mail right now but @ $1.54 each, I couldnt pass up buying all 4 the dealer had.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post10521007

Bad news is that I will be on the **** shift next week. Couple guys are taking off all week so I will have to work 4am-Noon.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:47 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
Don't let Jeff see this, he'll have another 16 penny nail ready to hammer in with a 20# sledge hammer.
Who? Me????? Just another reason for me to stay away from a Powerjoke If my little MB diesel dies, I'm looking for what I did to make it lock up but that ain't happened yet
Got the bearing for my trans yesterday, so I'll be back on the road this weekend Getting ready for another great adventure, this time a national teardrop camper gathering in Spencer, IN. 140 teardrop campers in one place, gonna be a good time

Old 07-01-2011, 11:49 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
this time a national teardrop camper gathering in Spencer, IN. 140 teardrop campers in one place, gonna be a good time
Had to look into those trailers just to make sure I was thinking of the right thing. Saw this & nearly fell out of the chair.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:33 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Is that a Canadian leaf on the side of that thing?

Old 07-01-2011, 08:11 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891
Whats everyones plans for the weekend?
Moving the camper again...though this time I'm moving back south...just not as far south as I'd like. The bids finally came out for the next 4-month bid period. Didn't get exactly what I wanted...but it's better than nothing. Or still stuck here in KC-Metro.
Who? Me????? Just another reason for me to stay away from a Powerjoke
Hell yes you. I still say that a PSD that gets the proper maintenance will last as long, if not longer than that IMPORTED Detriot Diesel from Berlin you drive.
If my little MB diesel dies, I'm looking for what I did to make it lock up but that ain't happened yet
Not yet, but you'll problely catch hell now that you've started to brag about it. I don't brag about anything anymore. I just keep kicking rocks down the road and keep my mouth shut. Everytime I brag about something it either lets me down or causes all kinds of grief...I don't have time for that kind of crap anymore
Got the bearing for my trans yesterday, so I'll be back on the road this weekend Getting ready for another great adventure, this time a national teardrop camper gathering in Spencer, IN. 140 teardrop campers in one place, gonna be a good time
Good luck on another one of your far flung adventures.
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891
Had to look into those trailers just to make sure I was thinking of the right thing. Saw this & nearly fell out of the chair.
Now that's funny...though I wonder if the trailer is heavier than the "car". I beat that tear drop works that not-so-smart car over running down the highway; if they don't have a sway control bar on the hitch.
Is that a Canadian leaf on the side of that thing?
I think it is! And they say those of us South of the Mason-Dixson are "different".

Old 07-02-2011, 07:23 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Good Morning to everyone.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:55 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Good Morning All!

Have a great Saturday!

Old 07-02-2011, 08:57 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Went to eat dinner at a Subway here in Neveda (MO). There was family in there from Iowa, the little boy looked like he was 3 or 4...cute little guy. Anyway, I could hear the little boy was talking to his mom about my truck. Mom convinced him that I wouldn't bite if he (the little boy) told me how he liked the truck I just pulled in with. My question, if the boy is excited about a nearly 8 year SuperDuty...and dad makes him ride in a Prius; does that mean there's hope for him?

Old 07-03-2011, 01:21 AM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by zhilton
(the little boy) told me how he liked the truck I just pulled in with.
Doesn't that just make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I love it when that happens. There sounds like there is hope for him!

Old 07-03-2011, 07:39 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Good Morning All!

Enjoy the weekend!

Old 07-03-2011, 07:57 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
One day to our best day in history...at least for us ...as a country !

Old 07-03-2011, 09:13 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Morning gentlemen, hope everyone is able to stay cool under this lovely weather.
Originally Posted by mudder460
Doesn't that just make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I love it when that happens. There sounds like there is hope for him!
I don't know about the warm & fuzzy part...but it did make me feel better. Especially since I haven't given the truck a bath in several weeks. I'm hoping to get an extra day this next go around at the house so I can give it a wash & wax...we'll see how that works out.

Quick Reply: July Chat/All Topic Thread