Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Elder User

KrenzyRyan is starting off with a positive reputation.
AC Compressor Mounting Woes, belts, etc. *pics*

So, still working on putting AC in my new project. Found a mount at the junkyard for the style AC compressor designated for this truck. Bought a new compressor, and nothing seems to align just right. The pulleys just don't match up!

Take a look, let me know what you think,

Click the image to open in full size.

Check my Build Thread:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...f100-pics.html
Old 06-30-2011, 02:00 PM
WV Chapter LDR

Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.
Archion.Uberpimp PartsGuyMatt mvose OVC Archion
Maybe use fender washers to space the bracket back.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Elder User

Cant, it mounts on the front of the cover. I just dont understand how it just isnt a direct fit...

Check my Build Thread:
Old 06-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Elder User

Double post..

Check my Build Thread:
Old 06-30-2011, 02:36 PM
unregistered user

Rogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to behold
Am I seeing the pics right? There appears to be an unused groove between the alt and PS belts. If so, I bet either the pump gets spaced back to use that middle groove, or has a different pully for the A/C to be installed.

Also, if you live where it's hot enough to go thru the effort to add A/C, you're going to want to upgrade to the factory A/C radiator. That tiny non-A/C radiator isn't going to be capable of keeping the engine cool, especially in slow speed traffic.
1984 CRX 35 MPG go kart
1995 Mazda B2300 (undercover Ford)
Old 06-30-2011, 02:39 PM
WV Chapter LDR

Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.
Cant see the pics that well on my phone. Photo sharing sites are blocked at work.
#22needsaface - Help serve those who served you.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:49 PM
unregistered user

Rogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to behold
The above diagram shows the PS belt in the middle groove, and the A/C belt out front. Something isn't right with the PS belt location. Granted, my truck has the PS belt out front, but my dealer added A/C has the compressor sitting directly above the alt, and dual belts that go around the crank, alt, A/C and WP. The air pump was driven by a narrow belt that goes from WP to AP only.

Either your PS pump needs shimmed back, or the pulley has to be changed to free up that groove for the A/C belt.
1984 CRX 35 MPG go kart
1995 Mazda B2300 (undercover Ford)
Old 06-30-2011, 03:12 PM
WV Chapter LDR

The WP and crank pulley should be different on ac vehicles IIRC.
#22needsaface - Help serve those who served you.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Elder User

f100jim is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My '82 F100 has dealer installed air. The A/C pulley has two grooves, and the belt goes in the groove closest to the compressor. My power steering pump has spacers (about 5/8" thick) between the PS pump and bracket so it uses a groove on the crank pulley further back than it would without the dealer air.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Senior User

Kylet8020 is starting off with a positive reputation.
omg i did this my self once i was puttin ac on my 300 6 check your ps bracket and make sure its spaced back if i remember right the ac braket bolted to the ps brackets i used the wrong spacer..... there is a spacer that is behind the ps bracket i think thats where u need to look god its been awhile hope this helps ya
90 mx-6 R.I.P dang deer
Old 06-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Elder User

Everyone, thanks for all the input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f100jim View Post
My '82 F100 has dealer installed air. The A/C pulley has two grooves, and the belt goes in the groove closest to the compressor. My power steering pump has spacers (about 5/8" thick) between the PS pump and bracket so it uses a groove on the crank pulley further back than it would without the dealer air.
Jim, do you have any pics of your setup?

Check my Build Thread:
Old 06-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Elder User

I think I just found what compressor was originally on this truck. Does anyone know what this compressor cross references to in terms of stock applications?

63 64 65 66 67 68 FORD A C COMPRESSOR CONVERSION | eBay

Check my Build Thread:
Old 06-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Postmaster

fordnut forever is a name known to allfordnut forever is a name known to allfordnut forever is a name known to allfordnut forever is a name known to allfordnut forever is a name known to allfordnut forever is a name known to all
here's a pic off my 83 hope it helps you,Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Posting Guru

84-6.9L is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.84-6.9L is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordnut forever View Post
here's a pic off my 83 hope it helps you,Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Randy yours is the same compressor as mine they call it an FS6, you have dealer installed air, asfor the original poster, it looks like you need another pulley on the crank.
68 F-250 CamperSpecial 390ci/NP435 Getting a Diesel!
75 9600 Tractor 401ci Blowin smoke in 300 ft bursts
Tom
Old 06-30-2011, 09:42 PM

ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
ctubutis ctubutis ctubutis
Which is apparently factory-installed and looks like the image below.

Ryan - what year is your truck again? The parts catalog shows myriad factory installations, but isn't yours dealer-added?
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2011, 09:42 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
05, 390, 4346, ac, air, auto, bracket, compressor, condenser, conditioning, corvette, ford, freestile, mount, mounting