Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2011, 02:02 PM
New User

chevygirl_78 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hello from St. Marys Ga

Hey my name is heather and I live in St. Marys Georgia, about 15 minutes from the georgia florida line. I work at a local shop here in town, and am currently working on a 2006 E350 box truck with the 5.4 engine. I need some help figuring out what is going on with this truck. There is a vacuum leak in the ac system somewhere, but I can not figure out where. While at idle the ac blows out of the vents, but as soon as you start driving it blows out of the defrost. I have done a vacuum pressure check on the actuators in the dash, as well as the one by the passenger kick panel. I checked to make sure all the hoses were connected like they should be too. I dont hear an air leak anywhere, nor do i see any bubbles when soapy water is sprayed on the hoses. We are not equipped with a smoke machine, so that test is out of the question unless there us an alternative to that test. Can anyone help me? I also have a 2004 F450 tow truck that has an ac problem as well. The compressor does not kick on unless it is jumped, but the system has about 35 pounds or pressure in it. Could that be a high or low pressure switch?
Old 06-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Posting Guru

danger-ranger93 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi heather, your best bet is to go in one of the sub forums here that is more specific to what your trying to figure out, as Ga chapter isn't exactly the busiest place on the site.
Welcome to FTE stick around there is plenty to learn here.
'00 F150 4x4 supercab, 5.4, auto XLT, DD
'97 ranger 4x2 reg cab short bed, traded
'84 Bronco 4x4 (duh) mud toy/project
Old 07-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Postmaster

ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.ManfredVonRichtofen has a great reputation on FTE.
Ah another local of ours. Welcome.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:12 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter

Tags
diesel, engine, ford, ga, georgia, heather, marys, model, repair, saint, st