Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 or 4.2 V6 engine
SPONSORED BY:
Click HereAdvertisement

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Junior User

theman79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Accel's one piece 346s plugs

i know that ford end of year 07 changed the head design and did away with the spark plug problem. but 05-07 still must deal with the two piece plugs.

brisk, champion, and accel make one piece plugs, but they aint cheap.

i'm posting here cause i ordered the Accel plugs 346S. everyone else paid like $80 for set of 4 that i found through all the forums. i paid $87.98 for all 8, with free shipping.

figured i'd spend the money, go with the one piece plugs. i'm at 64k now. these should get me to 120-140k. that's at least 5-7 yrs for me from now.

Accel Part No. 346S - Silver Tip Spark Plug Wire Repair Parts
Old 06-28-2011, 12:17 AM
New User

thousand_mile_stare is starting off with a positive reputation.
Are these really one piece?
Racing Spark Plugs - ACCEL Racing Spark Plugs - ACCEL
Old 06-28-2011, 04:47 AM
Posting Guru

svt2205 has a good reputation on FTE.svt2205 has a good reputation on FTE.
No one makes a true one peice plug for these motors. Folks seem to like to call this style one peice because it's more robust then the factory design. It's welded construction, so you make the call. It is less likely to break when it's time to replace the plugs, but if you install the motorcraft replacements properly, they too come out just fine.

My personal take is the motorcraft is a better plug but if these are what you want, by all means go for it. They should offer good performance with no chance of breakage.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Junior User

theman79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
well didn't know they were just welded or somehow together but stronger. that's why i come here, the best info.

i generally use nothing but oe parts from a good part house here. but been doing lots of reading here. and it all goes either way. but gonna try these accel out. by time they need changing, unless they are junk, i'll hopefully be putting different heads and such on the motor.

currently, some things will arrive for it this week i hope. small lift. bilstein 5100's on all 4 with height adjustable for front with 2" lift, camburg's uca's to get rid of upper ball joints, tuff country 1.5" add a leaf. tough country 4" black pipe bumpers front and rear, blacked out all the badges today and ordered cool overlays for ovals. will be blacked out no chrome. just trying to find some all black 17" wheels and tires. then throw it all on for now. then down the road some new heads, headers and exhaust. should be nice
Old 09-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Senior User

ryan70asu is starting off with a positive reputation.
How do you like those Camburg UCA's? They are pretty expensive but seem like a worth while upgrade. I have a 6" Trailmaster lift on mine and the factory ball joints are wearing out.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:19 PM
Elder User

aquaman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The MC SP515's I got from Kragens/OReilly's for $8 each still look like 2pc designs. The thing is, unlike all of plugs I've replaced in my cars for the past 30yrs, these spun in very freely by hand until they seated. They must have reduced the diameter of the threaded shank so it will never be a problem. But it's not clear how they addressed the carbon buildup that welds the 2nd half into the head.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Senior User

doofuss is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm running Sea foam regularly. Also heard that Chevron is very good gas. I never thought there was a difference until I talked with an engineering consultant that did some work for them and said their refineries were head and shoulders above most others he had seen. So I'm doing a pound of prevention to prevent an ton of cure.fficeffice" />>>
>>
Folks call me doofuss. Oregon truck: 2008 F-250 V-10 Lariat. CC LB, 4.10's, factory manual transfer case and hubs, Front Eaton E-locker, 18" Lawless 8's w/ Cooper stt 35-12.50's. 4.5" Revtec lift w/ custom rate Deaver springs. Bilstien 5100's. Florida truck: 2008 F-150 King Ranch, Front Eaton E-locker.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:47 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150

Tags
04, 05, 07, 2004, 346s, accel, f150, ford, peice, piece, plug, plugs, properly, spark, work