Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009+ F150 Discuss the 2009 through 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2011, 02:45 PM
New User

rmchase is starting off with a positive reputation.
Funnel

My 2010 F-150 King Ranch has the gas fill with no cap. I am missing the "special" funnel that is supposed to come with the truck and want to purchase one. Does anyone know where I can get this piece. It is, apparently, made for use with the capless gas fill openings. I tried to fit other funnels but the truck will not accept anything but the piece made for this vehicle. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Elder User

jade97 is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you have a Crew Cab, look under the back seat.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Junior User

wchain is starting off with a positive reputation.
8U5Z-17B068B
Gone: F250 CC Lariat V10, F250 CC Lariat PSD 4x4
Old 06-27-2011, 06:32 PM
Posting Legend

fire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputation
You can pick one up at the dealer. I had to replace mine a few weeks ago. Cost me about 13 bucks.
2009 F-150 Super Cab XL 4X4 4.6L 2Valve V8 My build thread.Added: N-Fab light bar, Rigid Industries LED lights,Rough Country hidden winch mount with Rough Country 9500lb winch. 2" leveling kit from Hell Bent Steel.Up next: wheels and tires.
Big Bser number XO Slackmaster#5
RIP Stevebricks. You will be missed.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:22 AM
Posting Guru

shotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to all
Wonder if you could make one from a plastic gas additive bottle (like Heat)?

My fuel mileage: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/shotgun/f150
Old 06-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Elder User

awq134 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.awq134 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
what he said ^... or next time you are at the pump, use a tape measure and see what the diameter of the nozzle is and find a funnel with the same size tip!
Old 06-28-2011, 12:52 PM
New User

Hydrilla Gear is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just purchased my truck and say this funnel.. I have not filled with fuel yet.. Do I need to use this funnel? Can't Ijust stick the pump nozzle into the fuel fill??
Old 06-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Whachuwant?

MCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputation
My understanding is that you only need the funnel if you have run out of fuel and you are NOT at a filling station.
i.e. side of the road with a 2 gallon can in your hand.
Official Slackmaster #24
Old 06-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Resident smarta$$

D8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to behold
tim.burke.167
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDavis View Post
My understanding is that you only need the funnel if you have run out of fuel and you are NOT at a filling station.
i.e. side of the road with a 2 gallon can in your hand.
You are correct sir! No need with a pump nozzle, just stick the nozzle in and fill 'er up.
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Old 06-29-2011, 10:29 AM
New User

rmchase is starting off with a positive reputation.
funnel

The gas fill on the truck accepts a fuel pipe at the gas station ...no problem. If, however, you attemp to insert a funnel for the purpose of including a fuel additive or gas from a portable tank you need the special funnel made by FORD. I've tried other funnels and they do not work.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Elder User

Big-Red-Lariat is starting off with a positive reputation.
how does the filler hole know what is being inserted and if it is right size or not? Cant push it down with a finger, but the special funnel and gas pump go in easily...sensors?
Old 07-02-2011, 05:53 AM
Resident smarta$$

D8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to behold
tim.burke.167
I DO know you will need the filler tube for adding any fuel system cleaner. If you just try to use the bottle it will wind up on your garage floor, it will NOT "seep" past the flapper. Ask me how I know
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Old 07-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Elder User

FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Red-Lariat View Post
how does the filler hole know what is being inserted and if it is right size or not? Cant push it down with a finger, but the special funnel and gas pump go in easily...sensors?
There are two "buttons" on the side of the filler opening which must be depressed before the flapper will open. The correct size nozzle will engage these buttons and release the latch that holds the flapper closed.

Anything that can simultaneously depress these buttons will allow the flapper to open.

Look for a tapered-neck funnel and trim it shorter until the correct diameter is reached. Or, just buy the right part from the dealership.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:59 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150

Tags
2009, 2010, 2011, buy, escape, f150, ford, fordfuelfunnel, fuel, funnel, gas, put, special, stick, truck