Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Large Truck
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Large Truck My truck is bigger than yours. The forum for 2+ ton trucks (all years), COE's, Louisville's, Big-Job's etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!





 
Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #151  
Old 03-22-2014, 11:43 PM
NumberDummy's Avatar
NumberDummy NumberDummy is offline
Ford Parts Specialist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hacienda Heights CA
Posts: 54,677
NumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfarms View Post
I am looking for the rubber floor mat for a 1989 F800. This is the full cab mat.
With individual seats or a bench seat? What engine does it have?

And...are you sure this is an F800? I've been looking this jazz up in parts catalogs for 42 years, so I know that some people confuse C800's, LN800's with F800's.

1981 thru today: 5th-6th-7th digits of the VIN decode to the specific model and series of truck.
__________________
Bill / Retired Ford Parts Manager / Part number research: 1928/2001 trucks & 1928/89 passenger cars.

2013 Escape FWD 2.0L Eco-Boost
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 03-23-2014, 12:11 AM
quickfarms's Avatar
quickfarms quickfarms is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 16
quickfarms is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberDummy View Post
With individual seats or a bench seat? What engine does it have?

And...are you sure this is an F800? I've been looking this jazz up in parts catalogs for 42 years, so I know that some people confuse C800's, LN800's with F800's.

1981 thru today: 5th-6th-7th digits of the VIN decode to the specific model and series of truck.
Yes it is a F800, I actually bought it as a parts truck for my FT900, it has a 7.8 and an Allison. It will have buckets in it when we put the replacement cab back on the frame.

I created a photo album of the F800 and named it crusty.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 03-23-2014, 05:57 AM
NumberDummy's Avatar
NumberDummy NumberDummy is offline
Ford Parts Specialist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hacienda Heights CA
Posts: 54,677
NumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfarms View Post
Yes it is a F800, I actually bought it as a parts truck for my FT900, it has a 7.8 and an Allison. It will have buckets in it when we put the replacement cab back on the frame.
I'm still not sure what you want, so here are the choices.

Don't expect, however for any of these mats to be still available...as they're probably obsolete
Attached Images
 
__________________
Bill / Retired Ford Parts Manager / Part number research: 1928/2001 trucks & 1928/89 passenger cars.

2013 Escape FWD 2.0L Eco-Boost
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 03-25-2014, 10:55 PM
Gilc Gilc is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
Gilc is starting off with a positive reputation.
C8000 gearshift rod ujoints?

I have a 1988 C8000 Vin 1FTYD80U9JVA41661
Help would be greatly appreciated in locating two of the:

"JOINT ASY. (TRANSMISSION GEARSHIFT CONTROL ROD
Part #: C8HZ7B170B"

It seems to be obsolete from Ford's part distribution.
Is a substitute replacement part known?
I'm hoping to get the parts first before disassembling, otherwise I will have to take it apart and measure, then search for something that fits.
Thanks in advance.
Gil

Last edited by Gilc; 03-26-2014 at 12:16 AM. Reason: clarify post
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 03-26-2014, 01:51 AM
NumberDummy's Avatar
NumberDummy NumberDummy is offline
Ford Parts Specialist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hacienda Heights CA
Posts: 54,677
NumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilc View Post
I have a 1988 C8000 Vin 1FTYD80U9JVA41661
Help would be greatly appreciated in locating two of the:

"JOINT ASY. (TRANSMISSION GEARSHIFT CONTROL ROD Part #: C8HZ7B170B
Obsolete ~ No Ford Dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.
__________________
Bill / Retired Ford Parts Manager / Part number research: 1928/2001 trucks & 1928/89 passenger cars.

2013 Escape FWD 2.0L Eco-Boost
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 03-26-2014, 08:42 PM
quickfarms's Avatar
quickfarms quickfarms is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 16
quickfarms is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberDummy View Post
I'm still not sure what you want, so here are the choices.

Don't expect, however for any of these mats to be still available...as they're probably obsolete
When we did the last truck I purchased a new floor mat in 2011. The part number was F1HZ*6013010*CAJ.

On this truck which is identical to the first truck, as far as the floor goes. We ordered the same mat for this truck but the warehouse could not find it even though it showed one in stock. We still need this mat. Any ideas on alternate sources?
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 03-26-2014, 11:26 PM
NumberDummy's Avatar
NumberDummy NumberDummy is offline
Ford Parts Specialist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hacienda Heights CA
Posts: 54,677
NumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfarms View Post
When we did the last truck I purchased a new floor mat in 2011. The part number was F1HZ*6013010*CAJ.

On this truck which is identical to the first truck, as far as the floor goes. We ordered the same mat for this truck but the warehouse could not find it even though it showed one in stock. We still need this mat. Any ideas on alternate sources?
F1HZ-6013010-CAJ (replaced E8HZ-6013010-C8A) .. Floor Mat / Obsolete

No Ford dealer or obsolete parts vendor has either part number.
__________________
Bill / Retired Ford Parts Manager / Part number research: 1928/2001 trucks & 1928/89 passenger cars.

2013 Escape FWD 2.0L Eco-Boost
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 03-27-2014, 06:56 PM
BADDBOYY21 BADDBOYY21 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11
BADDBOYY21 is starting off with a positive reputation.
F600 Vin Decode

Any help decoding would be appreciated. I just purchased this truck today.

VIN 1FDNF60H3GVA21057

Warranty Code 141F60212BK8 SP FPM
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 03-27-2014, 09:41 PM
NumberDummy's Avatar
NumberDummy NumberDummy is offline
Ford Parts Specialist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hacienda Heights CA
Posts: 54,677
NumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDBOYY21 View Post
Any help decoding would be appreciated. I just purchased this truck today.

VIN: 1FDNF60H3GVA21057

Certification Label: W.B. 141 / TYPE/GVW: F602 / 12BK8 SP FPM
Welcome to FTE

1FD = FoMoCo USA - Ford - Incomplete Vehicle.

N = Class 6 (hydraulic brakes), 19,501-26,000 lbs. Gross Vehicle Weight Rating.

F60 = F600 2WD (gas).

H = 6.1L (370 cid) 2V or 4V.

3 = Check digit, FoMoCo use only.

G = 1986.

V = Kentucky Truck Assembly Plant.

A21057 = 1986 Numerical Sequence of Assembly, the trucks specific serial number.

141" Wheelbase.

F602 = F600 (gas), 18,500 GVWR

I was able to break out the WB & Type/GVW codes, but I cannot do anything with the rest of them, as they're lumped together.

So, I cannot tell which is (in order?) BODY code, TRANS code, AXLE code. There's no BODY code that begins with a number for 1986 F600/900's.
__________________
Bill / Retired Ford Parts Manager / Part number research: 1928/2001 trucks & 1928/89 passenger cars.

2013 Escape FWD 2.0L Eco-Boost
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 03-27-2014, 10:09 PM
BADDBOYY21 BADDBOYY21 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11
BADDBOYY21 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberDummy View Post
Welcome to FTE

1FD = FoMoCo USA - Ford - Incomplete Vehicle.

N = Class 6 (hydraulic brakes), 19,501-26,000 lbs. Gross Vehicle Weight Rating.

F60 = F600 2WD (gas).

H = 6.1L (370 cid) 2V or 4V.

3 = Check digit, FoMoCo use only.

G = 1986.

V = Kentucky Truck Assembly Plant.

A21057 = 1986 Numerical Sequence of Assembly, the trucks specific serial number.

141" Wheelbase.

F602 = F600 (gas), 18,500 GVWR

I was able to break out the WB & Type/GVW codes, but I cannot do anything with the rest of them, as they're lumped together.

So, I cannot tell which is (in order?) BODY code, TRANS code, AXLE code. There's no BODY code that begins with a number for 1986 F600/900's.
Would a picture of the door jabm sticker help? I have one if it does.
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 03-27-2014, 10:39 PM
NumberDummy's Avatar
NumberDummy NumberDummy is offline
Ford Parts Specialist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hacienda Heights CA
Posts: 54,677
NumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDBOYY21 View Post
Would a picture of the door jamb sticker help? I have one if it does.
Post the little darlin.'
__________________
Bill / Retired Ford Parts Manager / Part number research: 1928/2001 trucks & 1928/89 passenger cars.

2013 Escape FWD 2.0L Eco-Boost
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 03-27-2014, 11:02 PM
BADDBOYY21 BADDBOYY21 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11
BADDBOYY21 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Click the image to open in full size.
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 03-28-2014, 04:36 AM
NumberDummy's Avatar
NumberDummy NumberDummy is offline
Ford Parts Specialist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hacienda Heights CA
Posts: 54,677
NumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDBOYY21 View Post
Click the image to open in full size.
Certification Label should read: WB: 141 / TYPE/GVW: F602 / BODY: KB8 / TRANS: SP / AXLE: FPM

141" Wheelbase.

F602 = F600 2WD (gas), 18,500 lbs. GVWR

KB8: KB = Chestnut all Vinyl / 8 = Conventional Cab.

SP: Spicer model CM4054D 5 Speed Manual Transmission.

FPM: FP = Eaton model 15201 Two Speed Rear Axle / 6.29/8.74 / 15,000 lbs. Rear Axle Capacity // M = Ford 7,000 lbs. Front Axle Capacity with Power Steering.

What the 12 refers to, I don't know...as it's not part of the TYPE/GVW code, nor part of TRANS code. Seems to have been added in error.

EXTERIOR PAINT CODE 2K: Candyapple Red.

DSO 14: Pittsburgh PA Ford District Sales Office, where the selling dealer ordered the truck from.
__________________
Bill / Retired Ford Parts Manager / Part number research: 1928/2001 trucks & 1928/89 passenger cars.

2013 Escape FWD 2.0L Eco-Boost
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 03-28-2014, 05:48 AM
BADDBOYY21 BADDBOYY21 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11
BADDBOYY21 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberDummy View Post
Certification Label should read: WB: 141 / TYPE/GVW: F602 / BODY: KB8 / TRANS: SP / AXLE: FPM

141" Wheelbase.

F602 = F600 2WD (gas), 18,500 lbs. GVWR

KB8: KB = Chestnut all Vinyl / 8 = Conventional Cab.

SP: Spicer model CM4054D 5 Speed Manual Transmission.

FPM: FP = Eaton model 15201 Two Speed Rear Axle / 6.29/8.74 / 15,000 lbs. Rear Axle Capacity // M = Ford 7,000 lbs. Front Axle Capacity with Power Steering.

What the 12 refers to, I don't know...as it's not part of the TYPE/GVW code, nor part of TRANS code. Seems to have been added in error.

EXTERIOR PAINT CODE 2K: Candyapple Red.

DSO 14: Pittsburgh PA Ford District Sales Office, where the selling dealer ordered the truck from.
Thanks! Could I bother your for part numbers for the front fenders and grill and also a dash pad? I am in Pittsburgh so the closer the better as far as place that may have them.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 03-28-2014, 04:17 PM
NumberDummy's Avatar
NumberDummy NumberDummy is offline
Ford Parts Specialist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hacienda Heights CA
Posts: 54,677
NumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputationNumberDummy has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDBOYY21 View Post
Thanks! Could I bother your for part numbers for the front fenders and grill and also a dash pad? I am in Pittsburgh so the closer the better as far as place that may have them.
Seems to me you asked for parts for a 1970 F750: Front fenders, inner fenders and a radiator support. You didn't mention your location, but I knew it was PA, cuz I looked at your profile.

Only a few of each of these parts were available, so...I listed what I could find...and where.

Dash pad in any color will be very hard to find, all are obsolete, AFAIK, not reproduced. I'll take a look-see for these other parts later today.
__________________
Bill / Retired Ford Parts Manager / Part number research: 1928/2001 trucks & 1928/89 passenger cars.

2013 Escape FWD 2.0L Eco-Boost
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:17 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Large Truck

Tags
accessfreightliner, cards, cpd, dealer, ford, heavy, login, parts, sterling, syracuse, truck, tsl

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do I need to take the muffler off? Brody Olson 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7 04-04-2014 07:55 AM
VIN there, done that (decoder needed...) Ste-Van Large Truck 11 03-06-2014 09:47 PM
Vacuum Line Help? Brody Olson 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1 01-19-2014 10:25 PM
brand newbie user with electron problems spikechaser Washington Chapter 6 10-24-2013 12:12 AM
Old bread truck seattle smitty 1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 25 09-10-2012 04:12 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup