Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Just thinking out loud

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 09:08 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just thinking out loud

Why is it that Batman's gas station (advertises NO ETHANOL) sell their gas for the same price as Quick Trip right across the street? Everyone else who sells NO ETHANOL gas has to charge about $.20 more per gallon. On top of that Batman's give a $.03 discount after 7pm.

When they put the final blacktop on 169, why didn't they do the whole shoulder? Now, if you need to pull over, or cross the white line for one reason or another you need to roll across a 2-3" drop. Would that be enough to scare someone into over reacting if they drifted across it by accident then tried to get back on the road?

I'm guessing we will never see three lanes (each direction) through Owasso, since they took the time to carve rumble strips into the shoulders.

Just a few things that have been bothering me for the last couple months.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Most "no ethanol" stations charge more, because people will pay more. Batman's doesn't, simply because he is across from a QT. Every gallon of gas he sells, is a gallon QT doesn't get to sell......

No one has ever accused ODOT of being smart......

Even the state can't afford to buy land in Owasso. LOL.

My random thoughts:
If a man says something, and no woman is around to hear him, is he STILL wrong?
If a cat jumps out a car window, does it become kitty litter?
Why is there braile on the ATM machines that are drive up? Do we really have blind people driving? That WOULD explain a lot of drivers apparent lack of skill......

Old 06-24-2011, 08:31 PM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Rogue_Wulff
Most "no ethanol" stations charge more, because people will pay more. Batman's doesn't, simply because he is across from a QT. Every gallon of gas he sells, is a gallon QT doesn't get to sell......

No one has ever accused ODOT of being smart......

Even the state can't afford to buy land in Owasso. LOL.

My random thoughts:
If a man says something, and no woman is around to hear him, is he STILL wrong?
If a cat jumps out a car window, does it become kitty litter?
Why is there braile on the ATM machines that are drive up? Do we really have blind people driving? That WOULD explain a lot of drivers apparent lack of skill......
Have we ever been right? A woman can hear our thoughts from many miles away!!
Yes, it would be kitty litter
Why is there braile in elevators (the ones that don't make a noise at each floor it passes)?

Old 06-26-2011, 03:15 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That drop off is crazy dangerous for the motorcyclists too.

I just figured that the ethanol gas was cheaper because it's a 'watered down' version of real gas. I always pump real gas in my vehicles.

My gripe is the old people on phones in Owasso. Don't get me wrong, i have no problem with old people or old drivers, but man, it's getting ridiculous. I can't go a day without riding behind some almost senior citizen trying to use/carry on a conversation on a cell phone while driving. In the process they hit their brakes and stop the flow of traffic behind them. Just yesterday i got to ride behind one in a big expensive suv in the fast lane of N. Garnett. Instead of pulling over or at least moving to the slow lane, he proceeded to slow to a crawl, then speed up a little. Then stop at the light when it was green. What the heck!!?! I can not wait to put some air horns on my trucks.

Something good to say; the tag agency at german corner in owasso is awesome. In the 13 yrs we've been here, they've been the most courteous, fast, and competent. Kudos to them.

Something that bugs me; in our neighborhood we've had some houses for sale for awhile. Why don't the realtors keep the lawns manicured, so they dont look like a run down eyesore? Wouldn't it have a better chance of selling if it were well kept?

I sometimes wonder if the water at the Owassso splash pad, by the Y, is recycled? Do the sprayers spray fresh clean water and drain the collected water into the sewers? Or does the water that ends up on the ground get sent right back into the sprayers? eeewwwww

Why oh why, do we not have a second Taco Bueno in Owasso yet? It's the best Mexican fast food and the only location takes forever to get through on 86th street. I'd love to see one near the new Reasors on Hwy 20.

Has anybody else noticed the increase of all the recent robberies in Tulsa and Broken Arrow? I've shopped at some of the places robbed, but will never go there again; MedEx near TCC North East, Radio Shack on South Sheridan....

Old 06-26-2011, 03:51 PM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Beside old people on the cell phones, our local law enforcement drive around with that phone glued to their ear. Sometimes I feel like taking pictures and asking why?

Agree with the Taco Bueno Way better than Taco Bell for Mexican fast food. The best place to eat in Owasso has to be Baja Jacks!!

I guess with Owasso growing by leaps and bounds crime will go up also. But, then I wonder how many of these criminals come from other cities/towns.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by MikeB 88
But, then I wonder how many of these criminals come from other cities/towns.
Only the smart ones....
Ever seen a smart criminal?

Old 06-26-2011, 07:07 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
+1 on Baja Jacks. My whole family loves the food, prices, and service there. And they are right around the corner from us.

Ya, some of the criminals are from other cities. I read the Owasso Reporter police logs to see what's happening in my neighborhood. Luckily it's been a little more quiet than other neighborhoods.

Oh ya, another why?..........why do the lazy lazy lazy retards insist on parking their vehicles in front of Reasors/Wallyworld/grocery stores while they wait for their occupant to come back with the groceries? These are not handicap tagged vehicles, these are nice cars and trucks with younger/middle aged people in them, blatantly sitting in front of the "No Parking Fire Zone" signs, like they are too darned good to park and walk their lazy butts inside. Man that really frosts me. At the new Reasors when they do that it impedes the traffic in front of the store. There is not enough room for two way traffic and parking. Man, sometimes i wish i was a cop in this town.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
It really chaps my butt when they park in the handicap spots while someone runs inside. They think that because the vehicle is still occupied, they're not breaking the law. But, they are.
Plus, people like me who actually have a permit to park in those spots, can't. What good is it to have them, if lazy, inconsiderate folks are just gonna block them?

Old 06-27-2011, 08:40 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Rogue_Wulff
It really chaps my butt when they park in the handicap spots while someone runs inside. They think that because the vehicle is still occupied, they're not breaking the law. But, they are.
Plus, people like me who actually have a permit to park in those spots, can't. What good is it to have them, if lazy, inconsiderate folks are just gonna block them?
Or the people that "borrow" someone'shandicap sign to park up close.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:00 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
hmm...good point.

On the same point....why do i see some people pull up into a handicapped spot, pull out the handicap tag and hang it on their mirror? If they had the handicap tag legally, why would they not leave it hanging on the rearview mirror all the time?

Old 06-27-2011, 09:22 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Ron,
My father in law does that, it gets in the way (visibility) while driving. When he pulls into the lot he hangs the tag on the mirror. I've seen others (locally) that do the same thing and yes, when the finally get out of the car, you can see that they're handicapped.

I do agree that there are also a lot that look like they don't need one and are just borrowing one.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:46 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Thanks Mike. That's a good explanation.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by MikeB 88
Ron,
My father in law does that, it gets in the way (visibility) while driving. When he pulls into the lot he hangs the tag on the mirror. I've seen others (locally) that do the same thing and yes, when the finally get out of the car, you can see that they're handicapped.

I do agree that there are also a lot that look like they don't need one and are just borrowing one.
Not to mention, the permit actually has the words "remove before driving" printed right on it.

I don't currently hang mine from the mirror when I park in a HC spot. The mirror is behind the seat, as it fell off the windshield, so I lay the permit on the dash. I just picked up some mirror adhesive, and will get the mirror back on, sometime.....

Also, I do get funny looks sometimes when I use my permit. I have MS, but other than a slightly noticable limp, there's no outward signs that I should be able to park there, most of the time. But trust me, if you had to walk around on these sore legs, you'd understand.
I really get funny looks when I pull up in my RX7, and hang the permit. Dunno why......

Old 06-27-2011, 04:26 PM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Pretty funny Rogue_Wulff (I really get funny looks when I pull up in my RX7, and hang the permit. Dunno why......)

I admit when I walk by a 2 seater sports car with a handicap sign, I say to myself "Yeah right", Now I understand, MS never crossed my mind.

Last time Ann and I were in Fl, we did take my father in laws permit just to please him, We did not use it at the store though.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:13 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
I know a guy that owns a 93 RX7, and has since new, that has a prostetic leg. Of course, he's just now learning to use that leg, as he still had both real ones back in Feb......
The accident should have killed him, as it severed the femoral artery. But the same impact that severed it, also pinched it shut....... Otherwise, he would have bled out in less than 2 minutes, and it took EMS more than 15 minutes to get on-scene, due to that "little" blizzard.........

Quick Reply: Just thinking out loud