Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Senior User

Diamnd1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a 2004 f250 and found the code behind the radio on a box with sticker with the help from a mirror and flashlight. It was the LARGE numbers by themselves. It works, and was free except for the contorted position I was in. Glad no one else was around to see!!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:27 AM
Semper Fi MOFO!

Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
thronsonskip
got mine! took less then 10 min! yea
00EX7.3 powerstop rotors, coated calipers, pads, 6637 filter, FRX, HPX, cobalt gauges, riff raff boots/plenum inserts. alternator 1/30/2012 199226 miles. oil filter, pre&fuel filter 9/2014 226221 Miles. On a journey to keep a PMA and not rant about Texass
Old 12-29-2013, 08:16 AM
New User

Shannyfatt2014 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I need unlock code for my 2003 Expedition XLT my keys are locked in my truck
Old 12-29-2013, 08:33 AM
WV Chapter LDR

Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.
partsguymatt PartsGuyMatt mvose OVC Archion
no one here is going to be able to give you your code unfortunately. Your quickest and safest bet is to call an unlocking service.
#22needsaface - Help serve those who served you.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:20 AM
Postmaster

LivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archion View Post
no one here is going to be able to give you your code unfortunately. Your quickest and safest bet is to call an unlocking service.
Good advise
05 LTD 4x4, PSD, ARP, Tuner, Cat Delete, K&N CAI,4" Exhaust w 6" SS Tip, 5" Lift, air bags & RAS, 35's Terra Grapplers on Fuel Wheels, Bilstein 5100's with Dual stabilizers, Twin air, train horn, Amp Research, Rigid Industries, F&R Mag Hytec, Pioneer Nav, 2010 OEM mirrors, DC 270 amp, Blue spring, much more...02 LTD 4X4, V10 Sold
"I bought a 6.0 PSD and I'm not afraid"
Old 12-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Posting Guru

robert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputation
Took me less than 15 minutes using this string to get an unlock code that worked. Unless you live next door to that unlocking service, no way would they be able to get there and get it unlocked faster. Save the $ and spend the small amount of time it takes to go through the code.

2000 Excursion Limited V10 4x4
F650 dash, Carlin Switches, extended rear lift gate struts, V code/Modded B code springs, AirLift Load Leveler 5000 air bags (rear) w/WirelessOne controller, UltraGauge
Kenwood Excelon, Phoenix Gold Ryval/2 10s, ETD Light Bar, Whelen Vertex rear HAW, Yaesu FT 7800, 2300/4600w inverter
Old 12-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Postmaster

LivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputation
Oh just noticed it an Expedition xlt, just use a brick.

Just kidding

Maybe
05 LTD 4x4, PSD, ARP, Tuner, Cat Delete, K&N CAI,4" Exhaust w 6" SS Tip, 5" Lift, air bags & RAS, 35's Terra Grapplers on Fuel Wheels, Bilstein 5100's with Dual stabilizers, Twin air, train horn, Amp Research, Rigid Industries, F&R Mag Hytec, Pioneer Nav, 2010 OEM mirrors, DC 270 amp, Blue spring, much more...02 LTD 4X4, V10 Sold
"I bought a 6.0 PSD and I'm not afraid"
Old 10-24-2014, 04:34 PM
Freshman User

Putterpanther77 is starting off with a positive reputation.
It took me 90 mins to figure out my 2000 X has a 6 digit code! It is a early X dated 8/1999 on door sticker.I am wondering if it is the last owners personal code or the master code.How many digits is the master code?? I may try to find the second code by using the sequence list code numbers.I went 60% thru to find my 6 digit code.It opens all the doors not just the drivers door.

See us online at:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/g/album/1896237
Old 10-24-2014, 05:01 PM
Posting Guru

robert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putterpanther77 View Post
It took me 90 mins to figure out my 2000 X has a 6 digit code! I am wondering if it is the last owners personal code or the master code.How many digits is the master code?? I may try to find the second code by using the sequence list code numbers.I went 60% thru to find my 6 digit code.It opens all the doors not just the drivers door.
To my knowledge all codes are 5 digits. Try letting it sit for a few minutes (until the buttons are no longer illuminated) and try the last 5 numbers.

If you have 6, that's the first I've read that the system will allow that.

F650 dash, Carlin Switches, extended rear lift gate struts, V code/Modded B code springs, AirLift Load Leveler 5000 air bags (rear) w/WirelessOne controller, UltraGauge
Kenwood Excelon, Phoenix Gold Ryval/2 10s, ETD Light Bar, Whelen Vertex rear HAW, Yaesu FT 7800, 2300/4600w inverter
Old 10-24-2014, 05:21 PM
Freshman User

Putterpanther77 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Got some suggestions to double check code after 20 min intervals and Im getting same results.When I punch in 5th digit it clicks lightly but no doors unlock.When I add the 6th digit the passenger door clunks louder and all the doors are unlocked.I tried just 5 digits and it does not unlock.Hay Ill take it no matter which code it is.It saved me $45 for Ford to do it.Im gonna tackle it tomorow to find the master code.The code I found does not light the keypad digits.Could the bulbs be out?

See us online at:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/g/album/1896237
Old 10-24-2014, 05:51 PM
Posting Guru

My understanding is the code is 5 digits -then the driver door unlocks. Then if you add two buttons right after it (can't remember what two right now), all doors unlock.

I would think if somehow they got a 6 digit code in, that's not the master. You said it clicks lightly after the 5th digit, thinking that is the driver door trying to open after the 5 digit code...the 6th then all doors open.

If memory serves, pressing 7/8 and 9/0 at the same time (the two right buttons) you should lock all doors.

I'm wondering if your keypad is going out...the code should only open the driver door, it should take additional presses to get the 'all door' function.

...this is true for MY 2000, but I don't think that changed over model years. Anyone here wanna pitch in to prove/disprove?

Old 10-24-2014, 05:52 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
The code I found does not light the keypad digits.Could the bulbs be out?
...just read that part...yea, your keypad may be going out. The keys should illuminate with the first button pressed.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:24 AM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
It took me 90 mins to figure out my 2000 X has a 6 digit code!
As you already know from the other thread, all keyless entry codes are a 5 digit code. The 6th digit (when inputted after the 5th digit) unlocks the remaining doors.

I only post this here for future searches so nobody else gets confused.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 10-25-2014, 10:24 AM
Junior User

ranagent is starting off with a positive reputation.
It's supposed to unlock the driver door only when you enter your 5 digit code. Within 5 seconds of entering your 5 digit code, you can press the 3/4 button to unlock all doors.

It sounds to me like you have a weak actuator in your driver door. Ive had one that wouldn't unlock on the first unlock press but would on the 2nd. Try unlocking with your remote and see if it takes 2 presses to open the driver door.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:11 AM
Elder User

Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.
This is craziness. Is there a way to make this a see only post for members with a certain amount of posts?? Sure seems like an easy way for thieves to go find all Excursions and find an easy way to get into them.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:11 AM