Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Connecticut Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Connecticut Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: StreamlineGT

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2011, 11:19 PM
Postmaster

keyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to all
keyul87
CT junk yards with Classic vehicles

So I have been thinking lately how much of a PITA it is to find junk yards that still have classic vehicles in them. As you know, a few years ago, scrap was through the roof, many yards cashed out their stock piles of old vehicles, some even closed down entirely after selling everything and are now housing developments. I'm figuring if you know of yards in the state that still have lots of old vehicles in them, that we could post up a nice list here to make finding what we need easier!

The yard I go to the most, is Kleeman's in preston. Lots of old cars, trucks, right back into the 40's and 50's. Plenty of old ford trucks . So guy's if you know of a good yard with older vehicles still in it, post it here!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Postmaster

danorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputation
i have always used leveilles in tolland. i have not used them in a few years but they are still there.
also i believe that all of the junk yards are linked with a super junkyard database that has their inventory on it. i have been sent to other facilities to get parts that one didnt have and their computer knew who had the parts i needed
Old 06-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Non-smoker

7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future
I believe the name is chicks its on south cherry street extension. Lots of old vehicles. No guarantee how much is useful still but theres lots of old stuff there.
-Pete, PAA member #84
Old 06-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Post Fiend

acf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputation
miles.degrandi
Quote:
Originally Posted by danorules View Post
i have always used leveilles in tolland. i have not used them in a few years but they are still there.
also i believe that all of the junk yards are linked with a super junkyard database that has their inventory on it. i have been sent to other facilities to get parts that one didnt have and their computer knew who had the parts i needed
Really random but i saw you on sunday on porter street in your truck.. everytime i see you im not in mine so i dont bother waving lol
coming soon: BPD water pump, Dieselsite HPOP, running for more than a week

Old 06-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Postmaster

keyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to allkeyul is a name known to all
keyul87
I think I'll give some of these places a call, maybe I can find that elusive skid plate for my truck!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:32 AM
Postmaster

jthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to all
42209261 Fordx4bronc3545
I've gotta find a JY with stockpile of 80's trucks so I can find myself some factory A/C!
Gone but not forgotten: 86 F150 4x4 I6(offy DP, Holley 465cfm, EFI exhuast manifolds, walker y-pipe, ARP head studs, D.U.I. HEI distributor) C6-NP208F, 2 1/2" rough country lift, 32x11.5x15 Cooper Discoverer STT
Old 07-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Postmaster

keyul87
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthorngate3 View Post
I've gotta find a JY with stockpile of 80's trucks so I can find myself some factory A/C!
Kleemans up in preston bro, hes got the main lot, and the lot across the street, so many 80's fords it'll make your head spin!
Old 07-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Postmaster

jthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to alljthorngate3 is a name known to all
42209261 Fordx4bronc3545
Sounds like a plan, now I just gotta make it happen!
Gone but not forgotten: 86 F150 4x4 I6(offy DP, Holley 465cfm, EFI exhuast manifolds, walker y-pipe, ARP head studs, D.U.I. HEI distributor) C6-NP208F, 2 1/2" rough country lift, 32x11.5x15 Cooper Discoverer STT
Old 07-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Postmaster

keyul87
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthorngate3 View Post
Sounds like a plan, now I just gotta make it happen!
Lemme know if you head up there, I live about 20 minutes from it!
Old 07-05-2011, 12:09 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Connecticut Chapter

Tags
150, 351c, 4x4, 73, blocks, clasic, ct, f150, ford, frd, junk, junkyard, kleemans, salvage, selling, trucks, yards