1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

just got a 77 f150 what should i do with it???

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 05:08 PM
quaallen
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just got a 77 f150 what should i do with it???

just got a 77 f15o for cheep. bought it for the tranny for my 79 but found a tranny after buying it.. it has a nice solid cab and needs little repair mostly paint. i mean the dash pad doesnt have one crack in it... i allready have a 79 f150 with a 351c that is my "offroad rig".. anywho i dont know what to do with this extra truck... ive thought of putting the 40s on it and wheeling it (keeping it low since my other has a 6inch superflex lift... ive thought of putting my extra 4inch lift on it with the 40s.. but the body is nice and square... my 79 WAS and i dont think i sould crinkle a nother solid cab...ive thought of putting the 351m into the 79 and the 351c in to a foxbody mustang reving high RPM's like it should!!! ive thought of putting a ranger/bronco 2 cab on it (use to have a 89 ranger with full with axles ..got stollen. never got to wheel it). anyways ive thought of a million things.. what do you guys think??? TIA

Old 06-21-2011, 09:54 AM
quaallen
Senior User
bummmmmppppp

Old 06-21-2011, 10:12 AM
smartass_kid
Senior User
post some pics, we love 'em here

Old 06-21-2011, 06:56 PM
97oneton
Senior User
you could sell it,make a little money to spend on your other truck

Old 06-21-2011, 06:57 PM
quaallen
Senior User
sorry they are cell phone pics and all that i have as of now..
the 77

dont know how much justice this does but...

and my 79. most recent photo ive got of it..

Old 06-21-2011, 08:56 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
If it snows heavily where ya live, I'd turn the 77 into a recovery rig and maybe make some money pulling people outta ditches and the like.

Since the 79 is your wheeler, I'd also outfit it for hunting if that's your hobby. I'd fabricate a removable "bed" system that can be configured for hunting/camping, hauling, and wheeling.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:16 PM
BiltFordTuff
Senior User
Originally Posted by quaallen
i dont know what to do with this extra truck...
Sell it to me

Old 06-21-2011, 09:37 PM
79 shortbed lover
Senior User
Allen keep it nice and paint it the color you want and still make it to where it makes you some extra money. I'd turn the 77 into a recovery rig and maybe make some money pulling people outta ditches and the like.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:44 PM
quaallen
Senior User
Originally Posted by HIO Silver
If it snows heavily where ya live, I'd turn the 77 into a recovery rig and maybe make some money pulling people outta ditches and the like.

Since the 79 is your wheeler, I'd also outfit it for hunting if that's your hobby. I'd fabricate a removable "bed" system that can be configured for hunting/camping, hauling, and wheeling.
thats not a bad idea.. it does snow enough to where it would be useful.. and my friends love tring to make it on the worst roads in the winter... i do like hunting but i dont need a truck to drive to my spots... thanks for the reply

Originally Posted by BiltFordTuff
Sell it to me
hahaha. thats what i would have said

Originally Posted by 79 shortbed lover
Allen keep it nice and paint it the color you wantand still make it to where it makes you some extra money. I'd turn the 77 into a recovery rig and maybe make some money pulling people outta ditches and the like.
hey man hows it going??? long time no speak.. any progress on your truck???

Old 06-23-2011, 03:04 PM
quaallen
Senior User

could you elaborate me on building a recovery rig? i know what it is and id need things like a winch and recovery points and lights , tools chains straps and all that jazz. but what other things to "BUILD" a recovery truck?? like the bed?? flat bed or a dully or what?? i couldnt seem to find any "recovery truck" pics.. by the way it has 1/2ton axels...just wasnt sure if you knew that.. TIA

Old 06-25-2011, 02:33 AM
79 shortbed lover
Senior User
hey man hows it going??? long time no speak.. any progress on your truck???[/quote]

Just waitin for tune up parts and shocks and wheather stripping to be done still have not gottin those hinges off for you been workin every saturday for 3 months straight.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:36 AM
79 shortbed lover
Senior User
could you elaborate me on building a recovery rig? i know what it is and id need things like a winch and recovery points and lights , tools chains straps and all that jazz. but what other things to "BUILD" a recovery truck?? like the bed?? flat bed or a dully or what?? i couldnt seem to find any "recovery truck" pics.. by the way it has 1/2ton axels...just wasnt sure if you knew that.. TIA
Allen all you would really need is a good winch pull points on your bumper good tires lockers and blocks to block you wheels when pulling so it don't pull you in to the same spot they are in.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:30 AM
CraigOutdoors
Elder User
i dont know what to do with this extra truck
Give me a present.

Worth a shot.

Since it's in great shape, take some time with it and do a nice resto with some shiny paint, use it as the haulin truck to tow your mudder around.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:55 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Recovery/ Ad-hoc Rescue Rig

I've heard of people being stuck freezing to death on highways during blizzards and am just amazed that it happens to this day. I mean, this is the 21st century and we have put people on the moon. What gives?

Some ideas:

9K winch- I recall Warn sells one that is "portable" as in movable front to rear, push bar, recovery points ( front and rear), ****** straps, lengths of heavy duty chain, assorted lengths of nylon rope, clevises, leather gloves, two shovels, axe, a handsaw, road flares, safety triangles, a set of tools, narrow sections of 6-foot chain link fence to provide bite under the stuck vehicle's tires, a couple of 5g jerry cans of gasoline and a siphon hose, truck-mounted work/offroad lights, and a hand-held spot light, jumper cables or a portable jumper pack, a tank of compressed air, a dual battery system with a 3G alternator, CB radio and PA system.

Rescue stuff.....First aid kit, two fire extinguishers (A-B-C), dry food packs, bottled water, emergency blankets (looks like mylar), two 5 x 7 tarps, chemically-activated hand warmers, cyalume sticks (chemically-activated lighting).

Paint the rig International Orange.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:24 PM
79 shortbed lover
Senior User
I've heard of people being stuck freezing to death on highways during blizzards and am just amazed that it happens to this day. I mean, this is the 21st century and we have put people on the moon. What gives?

Some ideas:

9K winch- I recall Warn sells one that is "portable" as in movable front to rear, push bar, recovery points ( front and rear), ****** straps, lengths of heavy duty chain, assorted lengths of nylon rope, clevises, leather gloves, two shovels, axe, a handsaw, road flares, safety triangles, a set of tools, narrow sections of 6-foot chain link fence to provide bite under the stuck vehicle's tires, a couple of 5g jerry cans of gasoline and a siphon hose, truck-mounted work/offroad lights, and a hand-held spot light, jumper cables or a portable jumper pack, a tank of compressed air, a dual battery
system with a 3G alternator, CB radio and PA system.
Rescue stuff.....First aid kit, two fire extinguishers (A-B-C), dry food packs, bottled water, emergency blankets (looks like mylar), two 5 x 7 tarps, chemically-activated hand warmers, cyalume sticks (chemically-activated lighting).

Paint the rig International Orange.

Very good list you have thought of doing this stuff before haven't you. lol

Quick Reply: just got a 77 f150 what should i do with it???