Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!





 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2011, 03:34 PM
Bankrupter Bankrupter is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Central MA
Posts: 914
Bankrupter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger-ranger93 View Post
I've had the summit truck headers on one of my older trucks, they're good, but do not "bolt in" to the stock Y pipe, but they were good headers.
Mine did bolt right up to the stock Y pipe well. Only thing that ticked me off about them is they don't come painted with hi temp paint. I don't have a sand blaster and there was no point painting over the stock paint to watch it all fall off.. So Im going to run them till the paint burns off then hit them with the right paint, in a few weeks. I love to do things twice ...
__________________________________________________ _________


Have the RMA pipe is going back, offer withdrawn. Yea- not
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2011, 04:11 PM
TexasGuy001 TexasGuy001 is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,381
TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I believe they are painted with high temp paint. It just Burns off. If you repaint them the same thing will happen.
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2011, 01:42 AM
Bankrupter Bankrupter is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Central MA
Posts: 914
Bankrupter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGuy001 View Post
I believe they are painted with high temp paint. It just Burns off. If you repaint them the same thing will happen.
No, the sticker that was on them says Not hi-temp paint and to repaint them if you want the protection. Silly but its just for shipping / storage protection.

After all the Y pipe Fails I went through on this system. I decided to make it duel out the passenger side using the factory head pipes (not a y on the 5.8) off my shorty's. I made a plate that matches the factory cat plate, to take twin tubes in place of the torpedo cat coupled to a dynoflow ultra flo X muffler 17552. Keeping it all 2 1/4 pipe tip to tail. I'm afraid it may be too loud but Ill deal with that when and if it comes. I can always add baffels to hush her a bit. More money then I had planed but thats always the way as of late...
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2011, 04:26 AM
TexasGuy001 TexasGuy001 is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,381
TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Thats cool, nice muffler choice. I don't think it will be terribly loud.

Whats a torpedo cat?

Thats interesting that they don't come with high temp paint. Anyway, I know people that have painted various headers on various vehicles with high temp paint and that doesn't last either.
__________________
2002 Ford Ranger Extended Cab Flareside 3.0 V6 Automatic 3.73
1965 Mustang 302 T5
Fix It Up Don't %$@# It Up
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Bankrupter Bankrupter is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Central MA
Posts: 914
Bankrupter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGuy001 View Post
Thats cool, nice muffler choice. I don't think it will be terribly loud.

Whats a torpedo cat?

Thats interesting that they don't come with high temp paint. Anyway, I know people that have painted various headers on various vehicles with high temp paint and that doesn't last either.
I painted a set of edelbrock 50 states once and your right, didn't last long at all...

lol the torpedo cat is the factory cat that looks like a torpedo strapped to the bottom of the truck. Is a tube 10 inches around and about 2.5- 3 feet long just needs explosives to be functional....
Reply With Quote
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Bankrupter Bankrupter is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Central MA
Posts: 914
Bankrupter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
So its almost done.. I need to finish cutting and putting in the tail pipes over the axle weld on hangers and then weld up all the pipes. But Dyna ultra Flo-x x pipe muffler worked out sweet for this. Fits well mounted horizontal. Just enough space to the drive shaft and let me have true duels.

I went with 2.5 inch pipe and stepped it up off the bracket I made. Forgot to take pics of the plate cleaned up and 2.5 step ups welded up to it. But ehhh who cares, just another exhaust thread.. BTW-sounds killer!!!

I decided to go over the axle straight to just before the bumper and turn them down. No visible exit ...

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Next on the list is to pull off the utility body and attack the rust before it is more then just surface. That starts week after next ... yea
Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2011, 02:33 AM
TexasGuy001 TexasGuy001 is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,381
TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankrupter View Post
I painted a set of edelbrock 50 states once and your right, didn't last long at all...

lol the torpedo cat is the factory cat that looks like a torpedo strapped to the bottom of the truck. Is a tube 10 inches around and about 2.5- 3 feet long just needs explosives to be functional....
I see what your saying, but thats a confusing way to describe that cat. I would just call it the second cat on a truck with 2 cats or the factory cat. A torpedo pack glasspack is one with a Y on it like a single in dual out muffler.
__________________
2002 Ford Ranger Extended Cab Flareside 3.0 V6 Automatic 3.73
1965 Mustang 302 T5
Fix It Up Don't %$@# It Up
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 07-31-2011, 03:19 PM
Bankrupter Bankrupter is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Central MA
Posts: 914
Bankrupter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Unhappy OMG DRONE

Well I took this truck to the shop Sat to pull the utility body and start in on the rust and weld up the final pipes. OMG DRONE ! I have a cold and my ears are full of fluid ... It literately HURT to drive it at 30. 40mph is ok I did take off all the mocked up pipes from the muffler back as they were not welded up yet and didnt want to drop any on the road. I hope it was just the fact that it dumps out under the bed caz dam I wont drive it as is ...

It does sound mean as hell though!
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 07-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Jaime74656's Avatar
Jaime74656 Jaime74656 is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lexington
Posts: 2,035
Jaime74656 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Jaime74656 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
JaimeSugrue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankrupter View Post
Mine did bolt right up to the stock Y pipe well. Only thing that ticked me off about them is they don't come painted with hi temp paint. I don't have a sand blaster and there was no point painting over the stock paint to watch it all fall off.. So Im going to run them till the paint burns off then hit them with the right paint, in a few weeks. I love to do things twice ...
__________________________________________________ _________


Have the RMA pipe is going back, offer withdrawn. Yea- not

least if you did it your self you can do it right the first time
__________________
Sandy: 1995 F150 XLT - 90.0% STOCK 6.0% Custom and changing
Jaime's Project thread (
Jaime's hilo del Proyecto
): http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...ct-thread.html
Currently working on: headlamps/lighting
Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Bankrupter Bankrupter is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Central MA
Posts: 914
Bankrupter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankrupter View Post
Well I took this truck to the shop Sat to pull the utility body and start in on the rust and weld up the final pipes. OMG DRONE ! I have a cold and my ears are full of fluid ... It literately HURT to drive it at 30. 40mph is ok I did take off all the mocked up pipes from the muffler back as they were not welded up yet and didnt want to drop any on the road. I hope it was just the fact that it dumps out under the bed caz dam I wont drive it as is ...

It does sound mean as hell though!
Drone is gone... Sounds good now. Forgot to update....
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Reply

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
12279, 581502, bassani, body, cheap, exhaust, ford, magnaflow, mufflers, pipe, stock, tow, truck, v10, wanted

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup