General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Daddy stories ( Let us hear yours)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 08:51 AM
gatormccluskey
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daddy stories ( Let us hear yours)

I would like to hear your stories about your daddy.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:14 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Here's mine...

My dad has always been my favorite person in the world...Quiet...Knows just what to say....Never gets upset.....And can fix nything on wheels...

Most of my life, I have simply gotten to know him through a old pair of workboots and a lunch pail (Coal truck driver)....But, through and through, he's always been there for me, and provided assistance anytime he can, and is able....

And anytime I need help fixing something, he always seems to know just what tip or trick to tell me to get the job done.....

So, it definantly goes without saying-I can never in my natural life, give back, all the love, help, and knowledge he has given and instilled in me...

On the other hand....He's busted my *** PLENTY of times for gettin' into mischief....And now, all grown up...I appreciate it...

Old 06-20-2011, 06:29 PM
gatormccluskey
Posting Guru
Sounds like a real man. If we had real men left, the world would be better off. I told mine, how proud I was he kept me in line, just before he died.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:36 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
My dad was the greatest person I ever knew. He could fix anything. He also could lay out how to fix things so well that I could do them with just his advise. Dad was paralyzed when I was 6. He still taught me the things I needed in life from his wheelchair. He gave me honest advise on every issue. I might not like it but it was his true opinion & what he thought was best for me. He passed Dec 99. I miss him real bad. He was my friend, my mentor & most of all my Dad.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:21 AM
gatormccluskey
Posting Guru
Proves you can be a good DADDY no matter what.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:24 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by gatormccluskey
Proves you can be a good DADDY no matter what.
Exactly!....As long as a father attempts to teach his son/daughter soemthing, and to be around them...well, thats a DAD in my eyes...

Old 06-24-2011, 11:35 AM
thendrix
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I love my dad very much but I have to say my favorite person in an elder male figure has got to be my Pawpaw. He's a little bitty man (5'4 and 120lbs. soaking wet) that will spit into the eye of a hurricane and laugh about it. I have seen men twice his size back down when he got mad. He's also still got a pretty quick wit.

I recently became a father for the first time on June 1st. I always hoped he would hang around long enough for me to get to see him hold my children and I'm very thankful that he did. Now I just hope he stays around long enough that Evie might remember something about him.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:56 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Sadly, I've never gotten to the opportunity to meet either of my grandfathers....and only of my grandmothers...And she had sever alzheimers disease...So in reality, it was like never getting to meet her...Being her true self...

Old 06-24-2011, 07:34 PM
gatormccluskey
Posting Guru
The hardest I have ever been hit, was by a guy about that size. Ended up being one of my best friends.

Everytime time you look in the mirror, you can see a part of your family. The way you act or the way you look. They leave a part of themselfs for us to remember them by.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:34 PM
66-Ol'Henry
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my dad has never really been there for me.... my parents got divorced when i was 4 and he just never really cared to take part in my life... i saw him every other weekend but when i was in sports and school events he never cared to show up... BUT my step dad although no one ever likes them.... he has been more of a father figure to me. anytime i have a question he is there to answer it sarcastically to be funny..... then tells me lol he has just always been there when i really needed it. also my grandpa is also one guy thats been in my mind.. he is a small guy and looks like he could kill a man.... but in reality he would never hurt a fly. and if it wernt for him i wouldnt have the awsome truck that i have today. i cant thank him enough

Old 06-25-2011, 07:06 PM
gatormccluskey
Posting Guru
Sounds like you got two daddy's. It it easy to produse a child, the hard part is being a DADDY.
Don't be one of those that says " I wish I would have told him how good he has been to me". If you want to thank them, do it now. You never know what tomorrow will bring.