Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2011, 09:12 PM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.
Clay's up to it again

Riffraff Diesel: On Sale

1400 bones for a GTP38R. Thats great considering I payed over 2000 for mine

heres a comparison from a local supplier
http://alcornautomotive.com.au/welcome/page8.php

seriously $3150 - these guys need to wake up to themselves.
join the Australian Chapter here-Join Chapter
Old 06-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance
1989 Ford Ranger

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Isn't the internet wonderful - eh chum?

I wonder who's going to bag it
Old 06-19-2011, 02:08 AM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder View Post
Riffraff Diesel: On Sale

1400 bones for a GTP38R. Thats great considering I payed over 2000 for mine

heres a comparison from a local supplier
Turbo Upgrades

seriously $3150 - these guys need to wake up to themselves.
Wot you think brian,jump on clays 4th of july bonanza
2005 FORD F250 7.3L, Maxxis BigHorns 35's,16x10 alloy rims,5"Procomp/Icon Vehicle Dynamics lift,AIH Delete,CCV,FRX,HPX, OCR,JW valve body,mag-hytec rear diff cover,Riffraff Billet plenums,Clays ported housing+11 blade comp wheel,Bellowed up-pipes,Garrett turbo outlet,F6 chip,Custom 4" to 5" exhaust,All from clay @ RiffRaff,BD big trans sump,Carpc got the ****,got a IPAD in the dash now
Old 06-19-2011, 04:04 AM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.ChunderDownUnder has a great reputation on FTE.
thought of you m8. Gotta say thats cheap bro. You could swing Lyn with the saving. Just tell her how much I payed
Old 06-19-2011, 07:02 AM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Nkelly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
thought of you m8. Gotta say thats cheap bro. You could swing Lyn with the saving. Just tell her how much I payed
She reckons i dont need it,ive already got 1 what do need another for..

Pfffffft women.
2005 FORD F250 7.3L, Maxxis BigHorns 35's,16x10 alloy rims,5"Procomp/Icon Vehicle Dynamics lift,AIH Delete,CCV,FRX,HPX, OCR,JW valve body,mag-hytec rear diff cover,Riffraff Billet plenums,Clays ported housing+11 blade comp wheel,Bellowed up-pipes,Garrett turbo outlet,F6 chip,Custom 4" to 5" exhaust,All from clay @ RiffRaff,BD big trans sump,Carpc got the ****,got a IPAD in the dash now
Old 06-19-2011, 08:26 AM
Posting Guru
2005 Ford F-250

SSSimon has a good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a good reputation on FTE.SSSimon has a good reputation on FTE.
Is it worth me bolting on a 38R if I can get it cheap?

Other than a 6638 AFE filter, intake heater delete, CCV delete, RR boot kit with plenum inserts, IH bellowed uppies, the rest is stock with no plans for upgraded oil or injectors. I will get a 4" turbo back exhaust one of these days.
MODS: Hutch,ICboots,plenum inserts,IH uppies,G2WW,HPx,AIH delete,EBPV delete,hi flow outlet,CCV mod,OCR,Zoodad,6637,4" TB exhaust,JW VB,coolant filter,FRx,'05 HD lights with switch bypass relays,B20 ready fuel system(3 filters).Stratos truck seats,rear head rests,LED running lights, 285-75-16s. Gauges:EGTx2,Boost,Trans temp,Fuel pressure,Eng oil temp, Coolant temp, Edge CS, PHP tuner
NOT done: big oil, big brakes, big turbo. Next Mods? None - I'm done!
Australia: where Mechanics use spanners & Plumbers use wrenches
Old 06-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

Yer why not *more power to the people*

Im working on lyn,had bring out the aussie dollar thing AGAIN and mention what brian payed for his,im wearing her down..

I was looking at 1 of clays packages Riffraff Diesel: Stage 2 Kit as my next project..
Old 06-21-2011, 05:52 AM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

Yeh I saw that Bryan. They do go hand in hand. the sticks that is. But I would go 238's/100 Hybrids. You dont need bigger oil and you will have all you need.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:56 AM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSimon View Post
Is it worth me bolting on a 38R if I can get it cheap?

Other than a 6638 AFE filter, intake heater delete, CCV delete, RR boot kit with plenum inserts, IH bellowed uppies, the rest is stock with no plans for upgraded oil or injectors. I will get a 4" turbo back exhaust one of these days.
Just for the price I would say hell yeh. But if I was you I would put my money towards the exhaust and definitely get ya tuner.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:27 AM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Yeh I saw that Bryan. They do go hand in hand. the sticks that is. But I would go 238's/100 Hybrids. You dont need bigger oil and you will have all you need.
238's/100 Hybrids injectors ya mean,who's got them..

Anyway this turbo/injector upgrade theory has been locked down by the MADAM PRESIDENT,im only a mere servant here..

I over stepped security in operation airbag and i have been stood down from active service, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE..
Old 06-26-2011, 01:35 AM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

Understandable m8. It was a big purchase. Go out and dig some more holes and you can try again later. Oh btw give us yell if you start chasing up diff locks. Just showed the missus the ARB video on em and she said Im gunna need a set as well. Gotta luv her.
And for future reference
Riffraff Diesel: Stage 3/ Hybrid Single Shot Injectors
Old 06-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

400cc + $905 faaark,thats a lot of dosh for a set of injectors....

the 238/100's and 38r is gunna take some talking,so i might leave it until after we move,then it'll be full steam ahead..
Old 06-27-2011, 03:26 AM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

No you would tick the first one 238. $1800 . They have dropped in price since I got mine.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:03 AM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
No you would tick the first one 238. $1800 . They have dropped in price since I got mine.
Whats the difference between the 238's and say the 250's
Old 07-17-2011, 02:55 AM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

well the 238's mate up good with the 38R. Your good for the low 400 Hp level. 250's obviously flow more and you are looking at the 500-600 hp with a bigger turbo. I went with the 250's cause I will most probably step up to the 42. my 250's will max out the 38R and back pressure is going to be an issue. I will have them tuned down to suit the turbo.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:55 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region > Australia Chapter