Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Junior User

milsuper is starting off with a positive reputation.
2011 SD Navigation System?

I have decided to buy a 2011 F-350, but I'm not sure how good, accurate and reliable the Ford navigation system (packaged in Lariat Ultimate and King Ranch) is. I have a Lexus LS and an Acura MDX with great Nav systems, but how accurate and reliable is the Ford system? Should I consider extended warranty on the system? I would welcome comments from current owners. Thank you! Jon
Old 06-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Posting Guru

Super08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to behold
It is OK and works well, it is by no means up to the level of a Garman or other types of dedicated GPS's out there. This is the second truck I have had it in and it is very nice how everything in the truck works in unison with it.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:42 AM
Senior User

glsurratt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Mine seems reasonably accurate for routing and mileage. I have found a couple of POI's (campgrounds) that are not listed so I've had to use a street address to get the routing for them.

Unlike my Android phone's Google maps navigation, my Ford Nav system hasn't gotten me totally lost yet!
2011 King Ranch F-450, Kelderman Air Ride on all four corners, LOUD Train Horns, Roll 'n Lock Electric Bedcover
2011 HitchHiker Champagne 38CKRD, Bigfoot, MorRyde IS, TrailAir Pinbox
Old 06-19-2011, 08:55 AM
Posting Guru

kmonty2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.kmonty2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
kmonty
Quote:
Originally Posted by glsurratt View Post
Unlike my Android phone's Google maps navigation, my Ford Nav system hasn't gotten me totally lost yet!
Not YET?

Most GPS units will work well, the only thing I have heard about them is that you can not program it while driving. Nobody can, not even the passenger, just a safety issue.

Kevin
2011 F-250 CC, 6.2 Gas, 3.73, 4x4 w/FX4, Tuxedo Black, Steel Cloth interior,Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's, Air Aid Intake, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Hellwig adjustable sway bar, 5 Star Tuned, Line X bed liner, X Tang Tri-Fold bed cover.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Posting Guru

Super08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to beholdSuper08 is a splendid one to behold
I can program mine on the go. Or at least I could with my 09. Haven't tried this one yet.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Junior User

grantschim is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a 2011 F-250 Lariat with Nav and can program it while driving if using the voice commands. It can get frustrating when the Nav doesn't recognize what you've said, but it still works pretty good. If you want to bypass the "safety" features of the Nav system, I;ve heard of people installing this:

FORD LOCKPICKS

It also allows you to use the rear-view camera and other features while driving forward.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:34 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2011, bypass, f250, factory, features, ford, nav, navigation, override, safety, sd, small, system, systems, trucks