Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Posting Guru

rogue40 has a great reputation on FTE.rogue40 has a great reputation on FTE.rogue40 has a great reputation on FTE.rogue40 has a great reputation on FTE.rogue40 has a great reputation on FTE.
Funny, I seem to have this mythical beast hanging around the house...
Click the image to open in full size.
77 F250 4x4 "Big Red"

Dang, I'm down to only 4 rigs!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:08 PM
Senior User

leonharu is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djarret3 View Post
ok number one, ford did not come out with a ranger until 1970. the f100 was a full size pick up. number two, take it to your ford dealership, they can tell you just about anything you wanna know about it. even where it was built, sold, what number it was off the assembly line. all that good stuff. number three go to nadaguide.com type in all your stuff about the truck. it will pull up the value. a 1966 ford f100 with a 352 engine and a 3 speed on the column is worth on an average retail, 9,500 dollars. it is the only site that has a value for old cars. your state uses it to determine taxes for tags on old cars. thats how reliable it is. museum worthy trucks (fully restored with no stupid crap on the truck) was worth 23, 985 in 1998. today with the price of muscle cars and old trucks going through the roof, it is worth anywhere between 25,000 to 38,000 fully restored. these trucks are considered rare if you put them against a 1966 chevy because chevy made almost 2x more trucks. i suggest you take your truck to a reliable dealer who can tell you the most about it. and if you get it appraised make sure it is done with a high car auctioneer. not something out of the yellow pages. i suggest mecum auctions or barrett jackson auto auctions. they are the most reliable.
The first 'Ranger" package came out in 1965.I have seen 65 & 66 with them.You mentioned the first Ranger came out in 1970?What happen to the 67,68,69???They are many experts on this site and I would be careful how I blow smoke!Just my 2 cents.
1973 F100 Ranger
1966 F100 Custom Cab
Old 12-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Posting Guru

TA455HO is starting off with a positive reputation.
At this page you can read about the 1965 and 1966 Rangers. They were an optional package on top of the popular and common F100 and F250 full size trucks. I'd have to look up the info but I could tell you exactly what the Ranger package cost in 1966 (October, 1965 prices) if you are interested.

RangerPage
1971 Trans Am White/Blue 4-speed - Norwood
1985 Toyota Celica GT-S Black Convertible 5-speed
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad 5-speed
Old 12-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Post Fiend

Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
Quote:
ok number one, ford did not come out with a ranger until 1970. the f100 was a full size pick up. number two, take it to your ford dealership, they can tell you just about anything you wanna know about it. even where it was built, sold, what number it was off the assembly line. all that good stuff. number three go to nadaguide.com type in all your stuff about the truck. it will pull up the value. a 1966 ford f100 with a 352 engine and a 3 speed on the column is worth on an average retail, 9,500 dollars. it is the only site that has a value for old cars. your state uses it to determine taxes for tags on old cars. thats how reliable it is. museum worthy trucks (fully restored with no stupid crap on the truck) was worth 23, 985 in 1998. today with the price of muscle cars and old trucks going through the roof, it is worth anywhere between 25,000 to 38,000 fully restored. these trucks are considered rare if you put them against a 1966 chevy because chevy made almost 2x more trucks. i suggest you take your truck to a reliable dealer who can tell you the most about it. and if you get it appraised make sure it is done with a high car auctioneer. not something out of the yellow pages. i suggest mecum auctions or barrett jackson auto auctions. they are the most reliable.

Wow...... i am at a loss for words
Old 12-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Posting Guru

schoo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
wow really and I hauled one to the scrapper 6 months ago
Old 12-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
I understand that there is a few 64 Rangers. Although the one most heard of is a clone.

Than there is this piece of history.
Attached Images

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 12-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
And it's a Uni.
Attached Images

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 12-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Postmaster

crazed87bronco is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Who is this clown? We don't need to take our trucks to the dealer to have them tell us what we already know we can decode the tags ourselves and on this site. I don't know about how many of others here and there dealerships but mine couldn't tell me anything I actually was informing them when I went to get steering column bearings for my 71. There's so much more knowledgable people here then any dealership I went to. Wish numberdummy or Jeff worked at one of the dealers around here. And that nada guide is complete BS i get a kick out of anyone who brings up there prices and believes them.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Senior User

F&M is starting off with a positive reputation.
djarret3...I have several that are in 'average ' condition and should be worth your average price of 9500 dollars.Therefore by your own words,I'm willing to let you buy them for the bargain price of only 9000 dollars each.When will you be picking them up?And when you're done JoWilker has several he might part with at that price.This is your Lucky Day!!
Old 12-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Posting Guru

Shadowrider123 is starting off with a positive reputation.
djarret3 - 2 posts - spammer.

I get a big kick out of "rare" autos.

Makes no difference to me if you own a 1 of 1 or whatever.

Its just a automobile.

If my F100 gets totaled or stolen, I will just find another.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Postmaster

gangstakr is a splendid one to beholdgangstakr is a splendid one to beholdgangstakr is a splendid one to beholdgangstakr is a splendid one to beholdgangstakr is a splendid one to beholdgangstakr is a splendid one to beholdgangstakr is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Who are you? How long were you abducted for? Did they measure your head? Were they able to look into your skull? They must of sucked out your brain to feed they're young or sum chit like that. You haven't a clue do you?
I'm thinking,

Staying low for now
64 lowered longbed
Robert
Old 12-11-2013, 12:03 AM
Postmaster

White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.
Careful there Junior, don't let your mouth overload your butt!!!!

Quote:
ok so a 1966 ford f100 is rare to an extent. Although they were not called a ranger. They were just an f100. ford only made a few models in the 60's. an f100 f250 f600 and bigger. there were 125,000 f100's built in 1966. now 75% of those trucks were beat to pieces by farmers who bought them and scrapped for a better truck. they are worth on an average retail market, 9,500 dollars. thats just what they are valued at. there are a lot of frame off restorations that go for 40,000 and up. the most i have ever seen one go for was 51,000. it was completely restored to all original. even down to the torque specs. usually you can sell them all day for 3,000 to 6,000 dollars without restoration easily. but hopefully this will help out some.
Quote:
1997 F-250 HD Extended cab, long bed, 5.8L, E4OD.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Posting Guru

rogue40 has a great reputation on FTE.rogue40 has a great reputation on FTE.rogue40 has a great reputation on FTE.rogue40 has a great reputation on FTE.rogue40 has a great reputation on FTE.
I hear he is NumberDummy's replacement. Apparently the interview process is lacking in a few areas,
77 F250 4x4 "Big Red"

Dang, I'm down to only 4 rigs!
Old 12-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Posting Guru

Shadowrider123 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The value of my truck just jumped 6k!
Old 12-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Post Fiend

Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowrider123 View Post
The value of my truck just jumped 6k!

better change your sig line then!
Old 12-11-2013, 10:49 AM