Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flareside Woes

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 11:37 AM
ChristopherN
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flareside Woes

Well, I finally got my truck back from the trans rebuilders on tuesday. I needed to drive my truck 97 miles round trip this morning for my company and halfway to the job my truck started to show the check engine light when I coast, but dissapear when I hit the gas. Then it started to have the check engine on all the time and the truck would buck and then I would feel like I hit a dead spot and have no acceleration at all. I don't know if this has to do with the recent transmission rebuild and TV cable replacement. But I'm taking it back to the shop since it's under warranty.

Things I've done that I thought may have to do with this issue. This was before the rebuild.

PCV Valve
Throttle Position Sensor

*edit*

I don't know if this is trans related or not.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:40 PM
cjben
Lead Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
1st place to start wouldbe to pull the codes. Ford Fuel Injection » How To Run a Self-Test

Old 06-17-2011, 09:32 PM
ChristopherN
Elder User
Got the code checked. Low voltage from Throttle Position Sensor. Changed and it's good to go.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:54 PM
cjben
Lead Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
glad it was that simple for you,usually doesn't work that way for me. LOL

Old 06-17-2011, 10:00 PM
ChristopherN
Elder User
Yeah well, I just went through an unplanned transmission rebuild because my brother broke the AOD TV cable and it popped off while I was driving and burned up 3rd and 4th.

2K later with aftermarket TV cable, my brother won't own up. So having the issues I was having I was really pissed and thought it had to do with the transmission.

I'm finally starting to be able to fix things and it actually works the first time. My confidence is slowly building off that. It's taken a long time. And alot of people putting me down.