Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 F350 crew cab long bed

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 10:25 PM
VONxRUBENxLA
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 F350 crew cab long bed

i just picked up a 95 Lb crew cab. im hoping of lifting it and hooking it up.

lemme see your truck??

Old 06-17-2011, 11:08 AM
White Max
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Hooking it up to what? Post up some pics of your new rig.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:29 PM
VONxRUBENxLA
Elder User
Originally Posted by White Max
Hooking it up to what? Post up some pics of your new rig.
first off it needs a new front bumper it was back into a huge rock off a tow truck

i don't know too much about newer cars such as these I've always had classics pre 65's. so I've been looking into one of those banks air cleaners. need new tires, rims and maybe a lil lift. tint the windows stereo and possibly re do the interior i do interior my self. and eventually down the road a new paint job and maybe one for those front bumpers from iron bull oh and do a spray on bed liner it has one of those plastic ones in it now!!

i used the free joining way am i still able to post up pics? if so do i just use the links off photobuckey

Old 06-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Lazy K
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
yes, use photobucket or similar.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:39 PM
jokerforever
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to Ford Truck Forums!

My "hooking up" is going to be different to your "hooking up". And our "hooking up" is going to be different that the next guys "hooking up". So let us know exactly what you have in mind and we'll help you "hook up" your truck however you want it.

There is a ton of info on this site. Anything you want to do to your truck has probably been done in some shape or form by somebody else. So use the search button and when you have specific questions ask them. You can also open a project build thread for your truck. Update it every couple weeks and fill it full of pictures. We love pics on this site. Oh and on that note, you can post pics using HTML(hey computer guys, is this right?) code but you have to wait until you've posted so many times. I think that it is 10 times but I'm not sure.

Also you may want to setup a signature and a gallery. That way folks know who you are, what you got and what you're doing with it.

And try to use halfway proper grammar and spelling, and easy on the slag, for those of us that aren't into the text and computer lingo

As for your truck I would suggest:
-for a lift I'd look at a shackle reversal--2.5"-3" lift and a better ride
-for the bumper I like the offerings from Broncograveyard but there are many others
-for the tires stay with 16s (maybe 17s if you have to) in 35-37
-for interior refresh or replace the stock stuff
-for window tint and bed liners just go to your local shops
-for the stereo ask some high school kid what they would do
-And for the oil burner checkout the diesel forum. Those guys would be glad to help

Old 06-17-2011, 07:26 PM
VONxRUBENxLA
Elder User
i went and did the stereo today just threw in a new head unit it had the stock radio and then also added a amp and a 12 inch subwoofer. i have it setting in front of the rear seat. i need to get a custom made box to fit it behind the rear seat.

as for the lift on the whole shackle thing what do i do to the the front? and like you said its a smoother ride with the whole shackle thats exactly what i want. or how about a body lift?

Originally Posted by jokerforever
Welcome to Ford Truck Forums!

My "hooking up" is going to be different to your "hooking up". And our "hooking up" is going to be different that the next guys "hooking up". So let us know exactly what you have in mind and we'll help you "hook up" your truck however you want it.

There is a ton of info on this site. Anything you want to do to your truck has probably been done in some shape or form by somebody else. So use the search button and when you have specific questions ask them. You can also open a project build thread for your truck. Update it every couple weeks and fill it full of pictures. We love pics on this site. Oh and on that note, you can post pics using HTML(hey computer guys, is this right?) code but you have to wait until you've posted so many times. I think that it is 10 times but I'm not sure.

Also you may want to setup a signature and a gallery. That way folks know who you are, what you got and what you're doing with it.

And try to use halfway proper grammar and spelling, and easy on the slag, for those of us that aren't into the text and computer lingo

As for your truck I would suggest:
-for a lift I'd look at a shackle reversal--2.5"-3" lift and a better ride
-for the bumper I like the offerings from Broncograveyard but there are many others
-for the tires stay with 16s (maybe 17s if you have to) in 35-37
-for interior refresh or replace the stock stuff
-for window tint and bed liners just go to your local shops
-for the stereo ask some high school kid what they would do
-And for the oil burner checkout the diesel forum. Those guys would be glad to help

Old 06-17-2011, 07:39 PM
VONxRUBENxLA
Elder User
so here is the pics of my rig

interior

wrecked front bumper.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:31 PM
jokerforever
Elder User
Oh. It's a 2 wheel drive. Then the shackle reverse won't work.
Is it a diesel or gas? If it is gas is it a 351 or a 460?

So why is it that you want a lift? With a 2wd that heavy and long it won't improve offroad performance. A truck like that doesn't have any reason to leave the road and that the only good reason to lift a truck--improved offroad performance. Unless, of course, your going for that street truck poser look. If that the case you'd have to do a google search. I don't know if there is a lift available for a 2wd 1-ton. As for the bumper I'd go back with a stock replacement. I big offroad bumper won’t do anything but add weight to the truck.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:52 PM
VONxRUBENxLA
Elder User
Yeah it's a 2 wheel just want to lift for looks and it's a gas 460 7.5L. Maybe a body lift??

QUOTE=jokerforever;10472766]Oh. It's a 2 wheel drive. Then the shackle reverse won't work.
Is it a diesel or gas? If it is gas is it a 351 or a 460?

So why is it that you want a lift? With a 2wd that heavy and long it won't improve offroad performance. A truck like that doesn't have any reason to leave the road and that the only good reason to lift a truck--improved offroad performance. Unless, of course, your going for that street truck poser look. If that the case you'd have to do a google search. I don't know if there is a lift available for a 2wd 1-ton. As for the bumper I'd go back with a stock replacement. I big offroad bumper won’t do anything but add weight to the truck.[/QUOTE]

Old 06-17-2011, 09:08 PM
blkF250HD
Posting Guru
I'd go for the highway rig/cruiser look. Lighted visor, bed rail caps, tubular side steps, etc. a LB CC would be a nightmare off road - people do it, but its not easy. Lifting a 2wd is out IMO. Larger all season tires would fill out the wheel wells nicely and achieve the look without the expense. Exhaust options are plentiful if it's something you considered, can never go wrong with a dual system. As for wheels, my friend has Eagle Alloy 058's on his F350 and they look sharp, close to the Alcoas I have but not exact. Air intake is a waste of $$, the 460 has one of the better intakes from the factory. A solid tune up will net you more gains. A stock, trimless bumper would look appropriate, a winch style bumper would be too heavy visually (and literally). I wouldn't do a body lift, things like shifter linkages need to be modified in order for everything to work. I'm not a fan of the gap created either, even with gap guards. The center of gravity will go up as well, making the truck feel "tippier" going around corners or getting off the hwy.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:37 PM
VONxRUBENxLA
Elder User
right on thanks for all the advice!! s0 460's are pretty good motors then huh? and a lighted visor??

Originally Posted by blkF250HD
I'd go for the highway rig/cruiser look. Lighted visor, bed rail caps, tubular side steps, etc. a LB CC would be a nightmare off road - people do it, but its not easy. Lifting a 2wd is out IMO. Larger all season tires would fill out the wheel wells nicely and achieve the look without the expense. Exhaust options are plentiful if it's something you considered, can never go wrong with a dual system. As for wheels, my friend has Eagle Alloy 058's on his F350 and they look sharp, close to the Alcoas I have but not exact. Air intake is a waste of $$, the 460 has one of the better intakes from the factory. A solid tune up will net you more gains. A stock, trimless bumper would look appropriate, a winch style bumper would be too heavy visually (and literally). I wouldn't do a body lift, things like shifter linkages need to be modified in order for everything to work. I'm not a fan of the gap created either, even with gap guards. The center of gravity will go up as well, making the truck feel "tippier" going around corners or getting off the hwy.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:07 PM
VONxRUBENxLA
Elder User
I would have gotten a 4x4 diesel but I had to hurry and get something!! I didn't have time to wait for one!!

Old 06-17-2011, 10:30 PM
jokerforever
Elder User
Oh yeah, the 460 is a great motor. Some people think that it is a little doggish in EFI form and maybe it is compared to the older carbed Ford big blocks but it has more than enough power to surprise most new trucks today and enough torque to pull a train off the tracks. Carefully if you try to mod it though. There isn't a big aftermarket for the EFI version but there is a lot of snake oil out there that just doesn't work. For a good performance upgrade and boost in MPG (once you start driving that thing around you'll find out about that) read this
FOUR WHEELER Magazine's Project M.P.G.

Please don't do the body lift. It only compromises everything about the truck.

If you're dead set on lifting the truck then I think you'll have to have something custom made. This body style 2wd F150 has been used for desert racing for years. The front of your truck uses basically the same suspension setup just with much beefier components. Seeing that you're in SOCAL it shouldn't be too hard to find a shop that specializes in this. They would be the best place to start looking when it coming to a well designed lift. Remember, when it comes to lifts, you can get good and you can get cheap but you will never get good and cheap.

You could start with these guys
Off road parts, lift kits, wheels, tires, steering, winches - Off Road Unlimited
or these
Autofab Offroad Trucks

A cab visor is a piece that fits on the cab, above the windshield. They are suppose to block the sun and usually have clearance lights on the leading edge. The previous owner of my truck had one on it but I took it off after a couple weeks. Going down the highway it would flex the roof panel and the screws holding it on were causing rust and leaking into the cab. If you look hard you can see it in this pic

Old 06-17-2011, 10:44 PM
jokerforever
Elder User
Originally Posted by VONxRUBENxLA
I would have gotten a 4x4 diesel but I had to hurry and get something!! I didn't have time to wait for one!!
You got yourself a great engine! It's a bit of a gas hog but it's great none the less. The only folks that are going to tell you that diesels are better are the folks that went out and paid too much for them. But that's a debate that for another time (not that it hasn't been debated before ).

As for a 2wd vs 4x4, are you going to actually fourwheel the truck? You live in LA so you don't have to worry about snow or floods. You don't need a front axle in a street truck. If you're building a pavement pounder then the hard core offroad guys aren't going to give you any credit to begin with. So why worry about it. Build your truck the way you want it.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:43 AM
L. Ward
Elder User
Could also do a "pre-runner" type look with it too... Lift, tires with beadlock type rims, tube bumper front with lights, roll bar with lights and custom tonneau cover and a roll pan for the rear. Lots of ways to go, from mild to wild, maybe mix and match some of the various ideas being thrown your way. The bottom line is to build what YOU want and are happy with though.

Quick Reply: 95 F350 crew cab long bed