Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Nevada Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2011, 09:56 PM
New User

sayala37 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good Ford Mechanic in Henderson/Vegas

I noticed there were no replies to the same question previous. I thought I'd give it another shot. If anyone knows a good Ford Mechanic in the area please share!ha

Thanks,
Steve
Old 06-17-2011, 11:46 PM
New User

VALET dude is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you ever find one, please message me the info and I'll do the same as well. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-18-2011, 05:27 PM
New User

sayala37 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Still Looking! Dealer wants $1800 to repair upper intake on my Expy. I can buy the part for about $200 online.. Just not sure how difficult the repair can be.

Steve
Old 06-22-2011, 12:23 AM
Elder User

R1_Demon has a very good reputation on FTE.R1_Demon has a very good reputation on FTE.R1_Demon has a very good reputation on FTE.
I generally don't go to the dealer to get anything done with my vehicles as I do the work myself. However, with that being said, I did have another shop really screw up the rear end in my Cobra when they put the new rear gears in it and damaged it, so I took the Cobra to Ford Country in Henderson (Gibson Rd) and they actually had to replace the ring, pinion, all bearings and carrier in the rear end because it got shredded because of the crappy job done by the other shop I went to.

It cost a pretty penny, but admittedly they did an awesome job and the car ran great afterwards with no noises coming from the rear end after they did the work. They even put in the FRPP parts that I requested (4.10 gears w/trac-loc) along with the Royal Purple rear end fluid and even warrantied it with that in it, so I was impressed by that.

So, if you are really serious about having a dealer do the work for you, maybe you can give them a try. As long as you have a good manual (meaning the original Ford manual, not a Haynes or Chiltons or something), doing the upper intake really shouldn't be too hard as long as you take some pictures of where all the hoses go to make sure you reattach them in the proper place/order afterwards.

Anyway, I hope this helps you out some.
Mat
Old 06-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Interstate Menace

william_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputation
The best gas/diesel mechanic in Vegas doesn't work at a dealership anymore. PM me if you still need info.
04 EB X w/ 03 6.0l PSD Tunes by Eric at IDP, ARPs, ITP RR, 4" SS MBRP, Custom Dual HFCMs, ZEX N2O w/custom controls, DC Power Polished 190, DH Plats, Riffraff IC Boots in Red, DS Coolant Filter, DiPricol 4 pillar, SGII, LTX MS2, Toyo Proxies, M&H Racemasters, Hellwig, Bilsteins, Firestone Ride Rites, ViAir 480C comp/3 gal tank, Siege horns, SEIC/High Idle Mod, V1 w/custom LEDs, 55wt 5K HL's, 35wt 5K FL, KC 121 130wt DL's, Clarion NX702, Alpine Amps and Kicker Subs.
RIP STEVE. I'll miss you, my friend.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:25 PM
New User

gotboost702 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have gone to the Super Duty Shop. The owner, Mike, used to be a tech at the dealer and does a ton of fab, custom work as well as regular repairs as well. He good, honest and def fair priced. I wouldnt hesitate to send anybody his way.

Super Duty Shop
3816 Civic Center Dr North Las Vegas, NV 89030 (702) 451-3155
Old 09-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Interstate Menace

william_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputation
I heard he doesn't like working on 6.0's. I know he wouldn't host a PSD club meet at his shop. Haven't called him back since that.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Posting Guru

kameronth is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1_Demon View Post
I generally don't go to the dealer to get anything done with my vehicles as I do the work myself. However, with that being said, I did have another shop really screw up the rear end in my Cobra when they put the new rear gears in it and damaged it, so I took the Cobra to Ford Country in Henderson (Gibson Rd) and they actually had to replace the ring, pinion, all bearings and carrier in the rear end because it got shredded because of the crappy job done by the other shop I went to.

It cost a pretty penny, but admittedly they did an awesome job and the car ran great afterwards with no noises coming from the rear end after they did the work. They even put in the FRPP parts that I requested (4.10 gears w/trac-loc) along with the Royal Purple rear end fluid and even warrantied it with that in it, so I was impressed by that.

So, if you are really serious about having a dealer do the work for you, maybe you can give them a try. As long as you have a good manual (meaning the original Ford manual, not a Haynes or Chiltons or something), doing the upper intake really shouldn't be too hard as long as you take some pictures of where all the hoses go to make sure you reattach them in the proper place/order afterwards.

Anyway, I hope this helps you out some.
Mat
I had a new rear end clutch pack installed (under warranty) on my Mark LT at Ford Country. Half way home on the 95 my truck was shaking. Pull over and all of the drive shaft bolts were backed out. They only finger tightened them on. I caught it just in time before the drive shaft went flying off.

2011 F150 6.2L 4x4 crew cab
2000 F250 V10 4x4 Off Road-5 Star,Y Pipe,4:30 gears
2007 Chevy Tahoe 5.3 4x4 (wife's ride)
2001 Honda 400ex (weekend stress reliever)
1982 F100 (possibly for sale)
Old 09-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Elder User

R1_Demon has a very good reputation on FTE.R1_Demon has a very good reputation on FTE.R1_Demon has a very good reputation on FTE.
Ouch...that's not good. Well, so much for that. LOL

I admit that they did really well on my Cobra. Maybe because it wasn't under warranty and cost like $2,500. That should be no excuse what so ever, though.
South Bay Photography
Old 09-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Posting Guru

kameronth is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I can't really blame them as a whole for it. Some mechanic just forgot to torque them down. I guess it's just hit or miss.

2011 F150 6.2L 4x4 crew cab
2000 F250 V10 4x4 Off Road-5 Star,Y Pipe,4:30 gears
2007 Chevy Tahoe 5.3 4x4 (wife's ride)
2001 Honda 400ex (weekend stress reliever)
1982 F100 (possibly for sale)
Old 10-24-2011, 01:00 AM
Junior User

BeerMeNow is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mike at Super Duty Shop does know his stuff, i believe is has master mechanic certs on 6.0 and 7.3 when he worked for Ford. They have run full computer diagnostics on my truck and is extremely knowledgeable.

BeerMeNow - Make mine a Coors Light!
2006 F250 6.0 CC SB ReadyLift 2.5" Toyo Open Country MT 37x13.50x20
"4 The Truck - Discount Truck Accessories"
Old 10-24-2011, 01:00 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Nevada Chapter

Tags
86, duty, f250, ford, forum, good, henderson, las, mechanic, mechanics, nevada, nv, repair, super, vegas