1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Sunday Drive Discoveries

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Sunday Drive Discoveries

Hey everyone!
Nicolle and I were out just driving around trying to get lost on the backroads today! Funny how life works sometimes!

Attached Images    
Old 06-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Late 50 Flat 6, he has no internet!!!! And he bought my flat 6 sight unseen, never met me until today! kinda of crazy but...heres more..

Attached Images    
Old 06-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Awe this was a nice Sunday drive !!!!

Attached Images   
Old 06-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
And no, Im not in any of these pictures!!!

Old 06-12-2011, 08:07 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Man, that is a super cherry truck! Makes me wish I had a flat-6. What's the guy's story? Did he do the work?

Old 06-12-2011, 08:46 PM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Wow, that is beautiful!!! The flat six looks great. Reminds me of my first F-1....same color even!

Old 06-12-2011, 08:56 PM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Received 261 Likes on 215 Posts
Great find, Jeff and Nicolle. Amazing what's out there that you never saw. I saw a Sheridan Blue '48-'50 the other day in Spfld driving that I'd never seen before. He turned and was gone before I had a chance to track him down. Stu

Old 06-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, good find... very nice. Love to see the flat six as that's what is in mine. What area where you in? I've never seen that one. Amazingly enough I just don't see many running around here in Bloomington. You can bet when I get mine back to road worthy it will be driven as much as possible!

Rob

Old 06-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Yeah there are three more around here that i have seen, same thing as you Stu, i see them and then either i don't have an opportunity to go after them or they are gone before i can turn around!

As far as the owner of this truck...He only lives aprox 25 mins from me(Manito,IL area) he has had it for 15 years couldn't do anything with it until he retired. He had ALL the work done by others
He seems fairly knowledgable about the F-1's. He said the late '50 models came with column shift? it has the non-syncro 1rst gear and 2/3 is syncro'ed. I made him start it for me! its fresh from a machine shop and it sure sounded great! maybe when i deliver the engine to him, i can talk him into a ride! He is a SUPER nice guy and it was a little strange how he just handed me cash without seeing my engine or knowing anything about me. i even had to mention the exchange of information! Anyway I will chat with him again soon and maybe learn more. But it was cool to just happen to be driving on the right road at the right time! he was visiting friends where i took the pics/ met him. When i saw the hood up and heads staring under it, i just had to turn around! I will get the VIN next time out, if thats ok with him. He said he bought the truck in Bellevue, IL. funny because thats where my truck had been since at least 1964, thats what my title has on it. i also have an oil change(paper) sticker in the door jam that is dated in 1965, it had 35,000 on it then. now its up to 46,xxx something.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
He seemed to me like he was maybe a farmer??? maybe?

Rob: i was in south pekin headed south on rt 29 towards Stu and Kevin and TARDSTER(lol don't know or remember his name yet!)

And what time in Fairbury? Stu or Rob. Nicolle is doin a Garage( NOT !!!!)
YARD sale....maybe Driveway....definitely not GARAGE SALE !!!
on Friday/ Saturday but she said i could go, but its kind of a catch 22 there...I think she is setting me up for failure! "oh it's okay honey...go ahead and go...i will stay here and take care of everything..." i might come home to a cleaned out garage! truck bike welders tools and all!
so anyway just asking about a timeframe?

Old 06-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 760 Likes on 371 Posts
Man what a nice truck. A drive like that would have made my day. Although I might have run off the road looking at it before I got stopped.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
one more...A place in metamora,il (my original hometown!) did all the bodywork/paint. The place is called Diddly's they have a 50's style food joint there and a small sort of drive-in movie screen. they also restore apparently...its a pretty cool place but it would be better if they had a full tilt drive-in movie setup. it's more of a sit-in-the-grass movie screen.
here is a link i hope it works.
About
i just tried it and its being updated...

Old 06-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Harrier
Man what a nice truck. A drive like that would have made my day. Although I might have run off the road looking at it before I got stopped.

Thanks for sharing.
LOL! me too! good thing Nicolle was driving!

Old 06-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle
one more...A place in metamora,il (my original hometown!) did all the bodywork/paint. The place is called Diddly's they have a 50's style food joint there and a small sort of drive-in movie screen. they also restore apparently...its a pretty cool place but it would be better if they had a full tilt drive-in movie setup. it's more of a sit-in-the-grass movie screen.
here is a link i hope it works.
About
i just tried it and its being updated...
Yup, that's a great link.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:15 PM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice truck glad you took some pics. too post so we all could see it. THANKS JEFF & NICOLLE. I saw a really nice gray 52 on ebay yesterday. Don't know how to post it from there to fte.