Its been a while and need help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 11:18 AM
FESTER1st
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its been a while and need help!

Hey guy's!
I originally bought this young mans truck a year ago for 500 for my brother he decided not to take it so I put a few bucks into it and it was an awesome truck. I and Brendan put some time and money into it as I told him he could have it on his 16th birthday and has insurance. He got his license last week and was to get insurance for it on monday after school but at 11 AM it was set on fire (by persons unknown) at my home. Between us and the Previous owner (mostly the other) everything was new and rebuilt including the interior. This was a great truck even my fiancae likes it and talked me into rebuilding it. I had hoped you could help us as he and I are on a very tight budget 0$ would be best, and many of you have proven to a great group to talk to in the past. We appreciate everything and look forward to new friends.
If there is ever a young man who deserves good things this is the one he's been a huge blessing to know and love and can name many others who feel the same. Please help if you can. Thank you.
See link
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...e-help-me.html

Old 06-11-2011, 01:35 PM
KrautBurner
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did you file a claim with your homeownrs / renters insurance?

where are you located?

Old 06-12-2011, 07:30 AM
forddude05
More Turbo
I'm very sorry to hear that, Fester. If anyone did something like that to either one of my trucks, I'm pretty sure I'd first be sick, then broken. No telling how bad I'd have taken it at 16.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:46 AM
caseys
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
xxxxxxxxxx

Old 06-12-2011, 06:29 PM
FESTER1st
Senior User
I had only liabilty as I hardly drove it. Brendan was to get insurance on it that afternoon. So the cost is coming out of our pocket.
Fire was started by human doing according to the fire inspector by somebody throwing something into the trash can that was in the back of the truck. Intentionally or unintentionally is unknown but I do find other tenants garbage in the back of my trucks from time to time.
It prety much devestated the carport and melted all of the paint and plastics on a car parked next to it. So I have a few people wanting my insurance to cover it. That is still in the air pending what the investigator report says. No police as of yet.
Brendan has a gallery of pics for it.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:29 AM
KrautBurner
Elder User
Originally Posted by FESTER1st
I had only liabilty as I hardly drove it. Brendan was to get insurance on it that afternoon. So the cost is coming out of our pocket.

No police as of yet.
Brendan has a gallery of pics for it.

if it was in a driveway or carport (or even on the street parked infront of the house)
it will be covered by homeowners or renters insurance. (along with any damage to the building, surrounding vehicles and property, as well, any items inside the vehicles)

sounds like it will be well worth the typical $1K deductable

what do you mean "no police as of yet"?
if the fire department came to put it out, the police should have come by.
and if there was any question about it being arson or vandalism, the police should be all over it

Old 06-13-2011, 11:16 PM
forddude05
More Turbo
I'm surprised Micah hasn't chimed in... isn't he an insurance agent?

Old 06-14-2011, 03:07 AM
driximus
Posting Guru

That really sucks. I hope everything works out for you

Old 06-15-2011, 09:07 PM
caseys
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
xxxxxxxxxx

Old 06-16-2011, 12:24 PM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by forddude05
I'm surprised Micah hasn't chimed in... isn't he an insurance agent?

lol yes i am lol..i was leaving this one alone at first...dependeing pn what insurance company he has you have up to 30 days to notify your company of a new car you have purchased..however if he had just liability on the truck or your other cars..meaning no comprehensive or collision coverage..(aka full coverage) there is not anyhthning your company can do for you..and it will not be covered by renters insurance/homeowners insurance.. im sorry to be the bear with bad news..

they best coruse of action is to try and go after the guy who caused the problem if known.. good luck man..sorry for the bad luck

Old 06-16-2011, 12:26 PM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by KrautBurner
if it was in a driveway or carport (or even on the street parked infront of the house)
it will be covered by homeowners or renters insurance. (along with any damage to the building, surrounding vehicles and property, as well, any items inside the vehicles)

sounds like it will be well worth the typical $1K deductable

what do you mean "no police as of yet"?
if the fire department came to put it out, the police should have come by.
and if there was any question about it being arson or vandalism, the police should be all over it

you are semi correct here...if the fire was caused from the house/building then it would be covered un home/renters insurance..since it was started from the truck it would not fall in this category

Old 06-16-2011, 12:38 PM
KrautBurner
Elder User
Originally Posted by im2tall33
..and it will not be covered by renters insurance/homeowners insurance.. im sorry to be the bear with bad news..
Originally Posted by im2tall33
you are semi correct here...if the fire was caused from the house/building then it would be covered un home/renters insurance..since it was started from the truck it would not fall in this category
what would make you say this?

I know from personal experience that renters insurance "Can" cover a vehicle in the driveway

while in HighSchool, I had a car in the driveway of my parents place (we rented)
I only had lia ins.
my car was vandalized and broken into
it was covered under the renters policy (less the $1K deduct)

I personally keep "Comp" (Fire, Theft, Vandalism, act of god...) on all vehicles (even if not using them on the street)
anything you can't afford to replace out of pocket should be insured.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:54 PM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by KrautBurner
what would make you say this?

I know from personal experience that renters insurance "Can" cover a vehicle in the driveway

while in HighSchool, I had a car in the driveway of my parents place (we rented)
I only had lia ins.
my car was vandalized and broken into
it was covered under the renters policy (less the $1K deduct)

I personally keep "Comp" (Fire, Theft, Vandalism, act of god...) on all vehicles (even if not using them on the street)
anything you can't afford to replace out of pocket should be insured.

not to be rude but that was a rare case that your car was covered...renters ins will only cover things like ipods/computers or other things that are not bolted to the cars in case of theft or fire.. and that is the same for every single ins company i have worked for or sold their product

but yes it is a great idea to have comp on your cars it is a cheap coverage and very helpful

Old 06-16-2011, 01:29 PM
KrautBurner
Elder User
I don't consider it rude,

but I'd reccomend the OP to exhaust every rescource available.
it seems a bit fishey to me that the fire inspector said it was from someone throwing something burning into the trash in his truck, and there was no police report.

I hope nobody would do this here,
but I've seen on other forums, people post sob stories just to get parts for cheep or free (only to re-sell them)

Old 06-16-2011, 02:30 PM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
to me it seems odd that there hasnt been a police report yet.. other than contacting the fd first my next call would be the police

Quick Reply: Its been a while and need help!