Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Elder User

cummins cowboy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
stupid DEF nozzle adapter!!!!!!

finally a station somewhat in my area carries bulk DEF, so I am excited and drive a little out of my way to get some. I get there swipe my CC at the pump, pumps some then clicks off, I am talking only a very small amount. finally I phone the cashier and they inform me I have to buy this stupid adapter with a magnet in it. it costs me $15 bucks.

she said its to prevent some idiot from filling their fuel tank with DEF. if your stupid enough to do that you get what you deserve I say. anyone else seen this??

Most Wanted Disaster Services

Old 06-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Postmaster

PowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to behold
Ah yes... The MFPD (Mis-Filling Prevention Device). Some places have them, others do not. I do give the place you went to credit for the fact that they actually knew what they had and what was going on. Many attendants are still clueless as to what DEF is let alone what a MFPD is. Price was fair on the magnet as well...

They probably sold you something like this... OPW 21Gu Mis-Filling Prevention Device (MFPD)

Ford also mentions it in the diesel supplement...

"Note: Some filling station nozzles may prevent filling of your DEF tank due to a magnetic mechanism in the nozzle. This is not a problem with your vehicle. To refill your tank either locate another filling station or use a bottle to refill the tank."
Old 06-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Junior User

mpd579 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mis-Filling Prevention Device MFPD...I actually like that term LOL
Old 06-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Elder User

thats what it looked like, and yeah the cashier was like why are you wanting to put that in a pickup, they were like pickups don't need that. the adapter IMO sucks I had to use 2 hands one to hold the adapter against the filler neck and the other to hold the pump handle into it.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Postmaster

Sgt93 is a splendid one to beholdSgt93 is a splendid one to beholdSgt93 is a splendid one to beholdSgt93 is a splendid one to beholdSgt93 is a splendid one to beholdSgt93 is a splendid one to beholdSgt93 is a splendid one to beholdSgt93 is a splendid one to behold
@SSgt93 sgt_93 ssgt93
I saw an old lady getting her Cadi towed last Summer.....She somehow managed to put diesel into it. I felt so bad for her as she reminded me of my G'Ma.

2011 Ford F250 Lariat 6.7 PS CC 4x4 SB with a bunch of crap SOLD.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Senior User

Great Danes is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt93 View Post
I saw an old lady getting her Cadi towed last Summer.....She somehow managed to put diesel into it.
That's still better than putting gas into a diesel vehicle!! At least it will still run.... sort of

2011 F350 Lariat CC 6.7L PSD - Limited Edition Seats
2010 Fuzion 302 Touring Edition II
Old 06-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Senior User

FourOneTons is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt93 View Post
I saw an old lady getting her Cadi towed last Summer.....She somehow managed to put diesel into it....
It's easy to do if you only look at the color of the pump nozzle cover in some places. I'd guess maybe she was visiting from Illinois' Vacationland (WI) where they tend to use green or yellow for gasoline, and black for diesel.

Joe
1945 GPW
Old 06-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Postmaster

kper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant future
I have a few rules for (others) driving my truck and one of them is to avoid at least BP.
The local BP here uses green handled pumps for gasoline...dumb.
I avoid them just out of principle.
I've only used Shell since I picked it up from the dealer and so far no issue with pump colors.
Shell is standard of all the stations I've visited over the years (gasoline/diesel).
Old 06-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Junior User

robroy90 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I sadly live in Illinois myself, and people are right. We don't know how to color code pump handles correctly here. Actually, we don't know how to do a lot of things correctly here in IL, but that is a topic for a different forum...

My beef with the truck stops around here that do carry bulk DEF (it really is the most economical way to get it) is that they will not let you pay at the pump. I had to go back inside and then give him my credit card FIRST (so much for the alleged convenience I am supposed to enjoy as someone with a responsible credit score) to which he says "How much do you want?" To which I bit my tongue before I said "a full DEF tank" (I guess I am expected to have a telepathic link to the remaining capacity in my DEF reservoir) and had to take a guess. This is also why I HATE buying diesel at truck stops. They only let "fleet" customers prepay at the pump.

How utterly frustrating...
Old 06-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Elder User

I just found a use for that stupid little cubbie hole on my truck that is right below my 4x4 selector and to left of my fold down cup holder. I always thought it was strange that the cubbie didn't even have a lip to it to acutally hold anything.

anyways my DEF magnetic misfill thingy wedges itself nicely in there.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Postmaster

kper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant future
I wonder if big rig trucks have a gauge for DEF and that's why the station attendants ask.

That small, mostly useless hole in the dash of your crew cab is the passenger air bag disable for the RC and SC trucks.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Postmaster

PowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kper05 View Post
I wonder if big rig trucks have a gauge for DEF and that's why the station attendants ask.
Our Volvo's have a real deal DEF gauge along with a low DEF idiot light...
Old 06-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerStrokeHD View Post
Our Volvo's have a real deal DEF gauge along with a low DEF idiot light...
This would explain the station question since those drivers could determine how many GAL is needed.
The DEF in a pickup is still new to many places.
My local AutoZone doesn't even carry DEF nor do they know what it is.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Elder User

one thing I really dislike is everytime my truck says 800 miles left of DEF, I go an add like a gal and a half and the thing acts like I put nothing in the truck. it keeps on counting down like nothing happened. it like it requires a fill to reset itself, which even that last time I filled it still said 800 miles to empty, turned the truck off restarted it again and the DEF warning went off. how hard is it to measure the DEF tank just like the fuel tank gauge does??

I paid nearly 30% more for this truck than I did a comparable truck 4 years before brand new. some of that extra should have went into a properly working DEF level gauge.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Postmaster

Cummins, do you have the basic info center in your XLT?
I've put up to a bit over 4 GAL and all I've ever seen is "under half full" and only when I do a system check.
I must have been close to the 800 MTE alert if it does display with the basic info center.
Could be same as the coolant system and never alert but the manual states similar wording to the optional msg center.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:33 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2011, adapter, big, bulk, buy, capacity, def, delaware, diesel, f250, fill, ford, level, neck, nozzle, resetting, tank