Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Junior User

togie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Help no logic input voltage going into ficm

2003 6.0 friends truck had stereo stolen they didn't trash it too bad but since then it will not start I have no logic input voltage to FICM if I give it voltage at the 10a fuse the FICM puts out a nice 48 volts and starts fine as soon as I take away power dead I have tried darn near everything to trace the this circuit and am now plum outta ideaers
Actually starting to understand these trucks .... humm understanding a 6.0...scarey whats next understanding women......
Old 06-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Post Fiend

npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
It runs to the FICM relay and should energize when that relay energizes. Do you have that diagram? it's a fairly simple circuit.

R.I.P. SteveBricks. A friend you always were and ever shall be.

Tim
Old 06-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Postmaster

william_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputation
Here's a diagram I drew up to help a guy get a 6.0l running in a Ranger. The pin locations may be different, but this will give you a general idea of how the power is coming and going.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Junior User

Thank You I will give it a go with the new info. Still don't think it's fair to bring electrical stuff to the guy who don't drink.
Actually starting to understand these trucks .... humm understanding a 6.0...scarey whats next understanding women......
Old 06-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Postmaster

william_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputation
Also Google 6.0l FICM Guide. Good info in that PDF.

On edit, here's a link.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Junior User

Well I now know that I have no power going into relay to engage it the chase goes on
Old 06-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Junior User

anyone have anyideas where the power feed for the ficm relay comes from and if so could this be controled by ford security system
Old 06-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Post Fiend

npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by togie View Post
Well I now know that I have no power going into relay to engage it the chase goes on
Have you checked the 50A fuse that feeds it? I can't attach this PDF I have of the engine electrical.....grrrrrrr

PM me your email and I'll mail it to you

Might be able to see it here: http://www.backglass.org/duncan/ps60...l/ps60_091.jpg

Tim
Old 06-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Post Fiend

cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.
check fuse f2-22 and the wiring to the fan clutch
mods arp,egr delete, tuned, 91 gallon RDS fuel tank.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezit View Post
check fuse f2-22 and the wiring to the fan clutch
WTF took you so long--LMAO

Tim
Old 06-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Post Fiend

cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.
man it been rough. I have not pulled the wiring diagram but its pretty simple. the ficm relay has to power polls and 2 ground polls just figure out wich of the 4 is missing and trace backwards.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezit View Post
man it been rough. I have not pulled the wiring diagram but its pretty simple. the ficm relay has to power polls and 2 ground polls just figure out wich of the 4 is missing and trace backwards.
I know it's been hotter than a bitch wolf in a pepper patch there and not much cooler here. Is f2-22 the 50A fuse?

Tim
Old 06-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Junior User

This truck is going to drive me nuts I have ignition power to ficm the wires from ficm output to ficm relay are good however I get no output from ficm to engage the 50a relay is it possible that the Gold remote start/theft system maybe messin with me
Old 06-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Post Fiend

the relay has 4 pin what pin on the relay exactly is not got power. look at the bottom of the relay for the relay pin number.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Junior User

thanks for the help I am not sure what the pin number is it is the on closest to the firewall that receives the voltage from I beleive pin 27 or there about on the ficm I have checked the wiring from the ficm to the relay and it is good I am told that the truck ran fine before it was broken into and the stereo stolen I am looking hard at the alarm system right now. If per chance my friend is yanking my chain in an effort to have insurance fix his truck I may explore other uses for the 48 volts from the FICM
Old 06-13-2011, 08:23 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
05, 2006, 60, diagram, f250, ficm, ford, logic, power, powerstroke, radio, supply, voltage, volts, wiring