Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Kentucky Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Posting Guru

maevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud of
Kentucky folks showed me a lot of class..

I just spent a week in Williamsburg Kentucky for my wife’s grandmother’s funeral

On the way to the grave yard, I was pleasantly surprised to see that everybody pulled off to the side of the road and stopped until the funeral processions passed, even a couple of kids ridding their bikes stopped, took their hats off and waited.

One will never see that kind of show of respect here in Michigan. [/size][/font]
<o></o>
I think it is great, the way you folks show your respect to the deceased.

I would like to say ........Thank You.
<o></o>

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Postmaster

kenpobuck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.kenpobuck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I am sorry for your wife and your loss. Although I am not a native of Kentucky I was brought up to show that respect for funerals as well as for light and sirens. I would like to say YOU ARE WELCOME from all of us here in the commonwealth.
81 BRONCO 6.9 IDI, ARP headstuds, 3" dual straight pipes, isspro pyrometer, T18 4 Speed, 10.25 rear, d60 front, 4:10 gears, 37x12.5x16.5 wrangler m/t's (humvee takeoffs), 4" body lift. I am building the Bronco Ford should have!
Kentucky Chapter Member
Old 06-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Post Fiend

CampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputation
Sorry for your loss. I wish you had come down here under better circumstances. You drove right past several of us heading to Williamsburg. I don't know if it's Ky folks, or country folks. I tend to think it's just country folk that are nice and show respect.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:16 AM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Very sad....take care the best you can.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 06-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Postmaster

Doc is a name known to allDoc is a name known to allDoc is a name known to allDoc is a name known to allDoc is a name known to allDoc is a name known to all
As I get older, I really believe that is a KY thing more than anything else. I've got a lot of friends in adjoining states like TN, VA, OH, etc. and they don't know what to think about how people around here pull off the road for funeral processions. Sorry for your loss.
1997 F150 XLT, 4.6L
2008 F250 XLT, 6.4L Powerstroke
2011 Expedition EL
Old 06-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Skipper of the KY Chapter

SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.
Wesley R. Cole
I agree on that mountaindoc....And I also, am sorry for the loss....And yes, nearly everyone in Ky, pulls to the side of the road for a funeral....Major highways are kinda iffy due to the flow of traffic, but on a 2 lane, its a must....

19.31 E/T @ 68.78mph in a 1/4 mile
Old 06-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Mark sorry for your loss, Wess once again we agree...........
Gerry- re-ordered 2015 F350 Platinum, 2006 F350 Lariat Superduty FX4 6.0L, white crew cab,.... Slackmaster #23
2006 Mustang Vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River SandPiper 345RET 39ft Fiver
Old 06-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Skipper of the KY Chapter

SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.
Wesley R. Cole
Great minds think alike!

19.31 E/T @ 68.78mph in a 1/4 mile
Old 07-22-2011, 11:42 PM

LxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant future
Much of Ky does that. Not so much here in Louisville, but away from the big city, I have seen it quite often.

88 5.0 LX Mustang
63 F100 351W/C6

Old 07-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Posting Guru

Jaime74656 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Jaime74656 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
JaimeSugrue
well ive seen it here in the city a few times, i always pull off and wait for a funeral as i would hope people would return the respect if it were a family member or a friend of mine that had died, and ive always believed to show proper respect for funerals and the sirens...period and yes I have at times turned off my lights to show respect as a procession passes as i usually drive with lights on for safety...not many people in the city show that type of respect but i like to think ive been raised the right way, plus as a volly FF I would want people to show the same respect when running to an emergency....oh the good ol days LOL!!!
): http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...ct-thread.html
Currently working on: headlamps/lighting
Old 07-23-2011, 07:00 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Kentucky Chapter